Chaos Vepr 12 rail here!

Hey all you Vepr 12 Freaks I have a little teaser for ya, check it out! We are going to start production this next month on the Chaos Vepr12 rail. The rail height is very close to the factory POS rail currently mounted to the dust cover. We are looking at the back section and more than likely will put out a back rail as well that will match our front rail height. This rail comes in around 12 oz. The cost has not been factored in yet, but soon.

post-11513-0-40680200-1365189030_thumb.jpg

post-11513-0-46939600-1365189117_thumb.jpg

• Like 10
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all you Vepr 12 Freaks I have a little teaser for ya, check it out! We are going to start production this next month on the Chaos Vepr12 rail. The rail height is very close to the factory POS rail

Way to go Cam. You are going to make me spend even more money that I shouldnt.   You do good work sir. Thank you for that.

TITS!

Posted Images

I know weird question... but please tell me that mounting the front top rail cover is optional and the bottom rail grip is secure without it...

You can. But they will sell as a pair.

WINNER! Any plans to make the sides or bottom modular in the future?

As in bolt on rails, not at this point.

Cameron Hadley please tell me it also fits the legions too.

Haven't had one in my hands, but I'm sure we'll know soon enough.

I don't care for a front rail of any sort or location. I am interested in your replacement top cover rail piece however...hurry up and knock that out.

If all you're looking for is just the top rail, Carolina Shooters Supply carries a replacement rail. The only reason I'm considering making one is so they are the same height and they can be sold as a complete upgrade.

• Like 1
I don't care for a front rail of any sort or location. I am interested in your replacement top cover rail piece however...hurry up and knock that out.

If all you're looking for is just the top rail, Carolina Shooters Supply carries a replacement rail. The only reason I'm considering making one is so they are the same height and they can be sold as a complete upgrade.

I'm in for the complete upgrade...I know a good number of us want to scrap the polymer factory rail ASAP.

10-4

• 1 month later...

I got this from Chaos after asking the same question, I know it seems like forever they posted that picture forever ago...

Sorry for the delayed response, the Vepr 12 quad rail will be available to order in a couple weeks. They will be finished and shipping shortly after that.

Edited by Mountain Man

I think I would grind off most or all ot the rail on the bottom smile.png they might be a bit rough to hold on to.

I recommend using rail cover. You never know when you will want to add a foregrip/AFG, flashlight bipod, flashlight foregrip, or bipod (for use with rifled slugs with a rifled VEPR 12 barrel) in the future.

I agree with dres. I would stick some rail covers on it and keep it as made. Once this and the bonesteel pad drop i will be a happy camper for sure. Then i can finally decide on my optic to use and be a happy camper.

I saw where certain optics on the stock polymer rail on the dust cover was causing FTE and was curious if the added height of the replacement part would have any impact in that since the clearance will be greater. Possibly allow placement of an Eotech in the middle of the rail instead of all the way back. If anyone had an XPS series and plans to get one of these rails a test would be nice.

Menace were you thinking about any other optics? I was between the XPS 2 and Burris FF3. If Chaos puts out a new dust cover with rail it might fix the optic problem, but I believe the issue was the rivet in the middle of the cover that comes into contact with moving parts when mounted in the middle. So if it was just a new rail that is taller I wonder if it would actually fix the problem....Hard to know, thinking out loud, any thoughts?

The problem with certain optics in certain positions on the stock rail has to do with shells hitting the optic when they are ejected and causing FTEs, etc.

There isn't much room there.

Nothing to do with rivets AFAIK.

Mountain Man,

As I understand it the width of the optics on the dust cover rail were causing the shell to not eject fully. There was a video not too long ago in super slow motion that showed the shell strike the side of an EOTECH and go back into the ejection port, causing a failure. The clearance issue seemed like a very small adjustment could resolve it so I am curious if the height difference with the Chaos replacement will be the cure.

Personally I am a huge Eotech fan and ran them on my AR (sold my old one and need to get a new one). Also wanted to try out either a mepro m21 or trijicon reflex type since they are completely dummy proof and rock solid. My only hang up on going with an Eotech is there is nowhere to store spare batteries on my VEPR like I have on my AR. I suppose i could replace the grip but I need space for atleast three batteries with my Elzetta light that's going on it plus the spare for the Eotech. I have not seen any grip capable of holding three spare cr123's yet. I suppose one of those rail mount storage compartments would work, but in pictures they look tacky.