I am wondering if ak-47 receiver has to be perfectly strait. I built my own from a flat and looking down it now I notice that it is pretty strait but has a slight bow in it. Bolt and carrier cycle smooth so I think I'm gonna shoot it unless I hear otherwise.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a fuckin troll.     Ok SS, You clearly deserve this award.              

Don't push for banning the guy('s), it looks like cheap entertainment to me. I just wished the mods didn't delete the thread where there was a "Me, Myself, and Irene " skit going on, where the same (t

I just got this pic of SS and his buddies playing beer pong and going out for dinner...

Posted Images

If you're that worried about it, have a piece of HSS stock milled level and use a deadblow hammer. Place the block on the bow where the bow, bows away from the level side of the HSS stock (If you're smart, just make sure they level all sides of the stock so that when you set it up, it's still level.) You should see daylight or just light in the bow between the receiver rail and the HSS stock.

Hit the outside of the receiver to force the bow level with the HSS stock with the deadblow hammer, if you want it easy use a level to check for straightness (And a level surface too.) If the plane of your receiver/rail is level with the straightness of the rest of the receiver, you should be ok.

There are many working Semi-Auto only blueprints out there for the AK. It is best to use them to get everything within tolerances. ;)

?

If you're that worried about it, have a piece of HSS stock milled level and use a deadblow hammer. Place the block on the bow where the bow, bows away from the level side of the HSS stock (If you're smart, just make sure they level all sides of the stock so that when you set it up, it's still level.) You should see daylight or just light in the bow between the receiver rail and the HSS stock.

Hit the outside of the receiver to force the bow level with the HSS stock with the deadblow hammer, if you want it easy use a level to check for straightness (And a level surface too.) If the plane of your receiver/rail is level with the straightness of the rest of the receiver, you should be ok.

There are many working Semi-Auto only blueprints out there for the AK. It is best to use them to get everything within tolerances.

thanks a lot. i think i will shot it first. everything seems in line though.

?

There are many working Semi-Auto only blueprints out there for the AK. It is best to use them to get everything within tolerances.

What kind of jig did you use to bend the receiver? Thinking of doing the same myself. Also, what kind of paint did you use? Pics would be extremely helpful, if you don't mind?

• Like 1

?

What kind of jig did you use to bend the receiver? Thinking of doing the same myself. Also, what kind of paint did you use? Pics would be extremely helpful, if you don't mind?

Me? I've never built one. I'm a Machine Tool Technology (Machine Shop) student. Last semester I had a 4.0 GPA. By the end of it I'm looking at certifications and diplomas and then hopefully onward to get my journeyman's card as a Tool Maker.

• Like 1
?
If you're that worried about it, have a piece of HSS stock milled level and use a deadblow hammer. Place the block on the bow where the bow, bows away from the level side of the HSS stock (If you're smart, just make sure they level all sides of the stock so that when you set it up, it's still level.) You should see daylight or just light in the bow between the receiver rail and the HSS stock. Hit the outside of the receiver to force the bow level with the HSS stock with the deadblow hammer, if you want it easy use a level to check for straightness (And a level surface too.) If the plane of your receiver/rail is level with the straightness of the rest of the receiver, you should be ok. There are many working Semi-Auto only blueprints out there for the AK. It is best to use them to get everything within tolerances.
Me? I've never built one. I'm a Machine Tool Technology (Machine Shop) student. Last semester I had a 4.0 GPA. By the end of it I'm looking at certifications and diplomas and then hopefully onward to get my journeyman's card as a Tool Maker.
Sorry I was asking SS. Congrats on the 4.0 though! I graduated GED school with a 1.8

Used ak-builder flat bending jig. Friend and I went in on some tools. I don't really know much about how to do it my friend did most of work. I just watched and provided the flat. The days of ak part kits is over I am afraid.
Can you post pics? I REALLY want to see a home made receiver since ive been dying to do one and really wanna do a nice paint job but I'm unsure of the brand/ process to use. If you could help and post pics that'd be great. After all, isn't that what forums are for?
  • Like 1

I don't have a camera these days. Spent all my money on these gosh darn build tools. My friend who helped me has a photo bucket I think and tomorrow I will see if we can get some photos. It's all assembled now and I tell you I am very proud of this thing. It's and Izmash parts kit I got from rungs.net and I must say at first this was very overwhelming but if you can do a Saiga conversion then you are fully capable of doing a build from parts kit. Only thing I was unable to do was properly heat treat receiver but my friend said he had the rear and front areas heat treated only so we hope it will hold up. Does anyone know about how to go about fully heat treat ak receiver?

Is "SS" mean new person in forum?

Edited by Ak Syndicate
I don't have a camera these days. Spent all my money on these gosh darn build tools. My friend who helped me has a photo bucket I think and tomorrow I will see if we can get some photos. It's all assembled now and I tell you I am very proud of this thing. It's and Izmash parts kit I got from rungs.net and I must say at first this was very overwhelming but if you can do a Saiga conversion then you are fully capable of doing a build from parts kit. Only thing I was unable to do was properly heat treat receiver but my friend said he had the rear and front areas heat treated only so we hope it will hold up. Does anyone know about how to go about fully heat treat ak receiver?

Yes it is laugh.png

• Like 2

Yes it is laugh.png

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

Why dont the recent new members(SS/MLSM/AKS) have cameras????

Proof of camera ownership should be a prerequisite before joining.

Edited by Jetmech
  • Like 1
Thread hijack. Some children never learn:beaten::beaten:Spetnaz Soldierтяжелого оружия милиция

Sent Today, 08:46 PMthey cant ban me dick face. ur a junky cry baby. lick my balls.

That's yet another PM this guy sent. Why can't they ban you SS/MLSM/AKS?

Now he's an immigrant that can't speak/spell proper English. Threw me off track for a second

Kamloops is Canada. Not quite real world either. All woman are very good looking and not fat like American woman.

Trying to score points by insulting both Americans & their women.

Later SS beaten.gif

You start off speaking decent English in the first two posts then slowly start speaking broken English in the latter (or as SS would say, ladder) posts?

Edited by dubya

?

If you're that worried about it, have a piece of HSS stock milled level and use a deadblow hammer. Place the block on the bow where the bow, bows away from the level side of the HSS stock (If you're smart, just make sure they level all sides of the stock so that when you set it up, it's still level.) You should see daylight or just light in the bow between the receiver rail and the HSS stock. Hit the outside of the receiver to force the bow level with the HSS stock with the deadblow hammer, if you want it easy use a level to check for straightness (And a level surface too.) If the plane of your receiver/rail is level with the straightness of the rest of the receiver, you should be ok. There are many working Semi-Auto only blueprints out there for the AK. It is best to use them to get everything within tolerances.

Sorry I was asking SS. Congrats on the 4.0 though! I graduated GED school with a 1.8

Used ak-builder flat bending jig. Friend and I went in on some tools. I don't really know much about how to do it my friend did most of work. I just watched and provided the flat. The days of ak part kits is over I am afraid.

Can you post pics? I REALLY want to see a home made receiver since ive been dying to do one and really wanna do a nice paint job but I'm unsure of the brand/ process to use. If you could help and post pics that'd be great. After all, isn't that what forums are for?

Thanks, I'm working hard to maintain it. I like what I do, I get to make stuff.

Sounds like my high school GPA. I was smart, unchallenged, bored and they based their grades on homework instead of grades, homework that I didn't feel like I needed to do because I already knew the material.

Failed US History but made a 97 on the final exam. The other students had to tell her I never studied, she didn't want to believe it. Made high test scores in science and frequently walked away with bonus points for World History that I never needed in the first place.

Edited by ShadowFire