What Choke tube to use for 3-gun

Okay this may sound like a dumb question, but as we all know there are no stupid questions so here goes -

To use this in a match where I am going to need to switch shell types on the run (slug, buck, birdshot) which choke if any should I put in the gun?

Also I am a little worried about the spring and bushing. Right now I have the low recoil stuff in. I had hoped it would be easy to blow off a few hundred rounds to break in the gun. But with the inability to buy 12 gauge ammo that isn't so easy. Which set should I have in the gun to run all 3.

Thanks guys. I have the new Tooth and Nail front end with the left side assist, but I would rather not have to use it after the first shot. :)

I'd run a modified if the stage called for all three types of shells.

I screwed a a stage over this weekend because of the wrong choke. I decided to go with improved to try to speed up my shots but when it came to the spinner target there just wasn't enough energy to get it to go 360 degrees. So I wasted a lot of time & got the failure to neutralize.

I screwed a a stage over this weekend because of the wrong choke. I decided to go with improved to try to speed up my shots but when it came to the spinner target there just wasn't enough energy to get it to go 360 degrees. So I wasted a lot of time & got the failure to neutralize.

Most of my 3 gun shooting (very limited to date) has been in short bays so Cylinder works fine. For those spinners, I carry a box of #6 shot (1300 fps). Remington managed recoil slugs seem to shoot the same in any of the chokes I have (CYL, LM & Full).

Bill

I run a light modified in mine for 3gun and I literally never change it. Works for everything I need it to work for. If you have to put a lot of energy on a target like a spinner, Bill is right, just use larger shot like 6 or 4.

Most of my 3 gun shooting (very limited to date) has been in short bays so Cylinder works fine. For those spinners, I carry a box of #6 shot (1300 fps). Remington managed recoil slugs seem to shoot the same in any of the chokes I have (CYL, LM & Full).

Bill

Yea, #6's would have been great had the match rules not been low brass 7-1/2's or smaller. what.gif

Light Mod for most stages, if there are tight no shoots or spinners I'll go to an Imp. Mod.

Though this year Im debating whether to just get a Mod and stick with it.

Tighter choke is usually better than going to hotter ammo for a spinner. If you wanna be sure, do both ;)