Ammo price predicting and historical data

If i went to the trouble of collecting all this data, and putting it into graphs, and tables would this be of interest to you guys?

I'm currently putting together a script like gunbot.net, and plan to track many other things such as daily price of ammo at each site so that people can see the historical data. I am also looking into harvesting all the older data through google for older pricing, but don't want to waste my time if people wont be interested in this.

What I was thinking is I could somehow also verify the trends of ammo coming in stock overall to dealers along with the daily pricing to see if the market is about to get flooded with ammo. If my scripts notice a huge surge in stock of 308 coming in, and a slight decrease in pricing in a few days then the algorithm would guestimate that there would be a high likely hood of a price decrease the next few weeks which would save people quite a bit of money.

Any feedback would be welcome as I have started on this project, and don't want to have to re code large parts of it.

• Like 3

I say go for it.

This place seems to have pre-rape prices but no stock

militaryshooters.com

on 4/23/10 I paid $252.60 FOR 1K OF BVAC 115GR JHP REMAN for the 9mm

And this was my last order of bulk I bought on 5/11/12 from freedom munitions(which was the dirtiest I have ever shot)

[9mm 115 gr. RN New:Case of 1000] 1 $189.00

[45 Auto 230 gr. RN:Case of 1000] 1 $289.00

Subtotal: $478.00 Tax: $0.00 Shipping Cost: $34.66 Grand Total: $512.66

Edited by montec

Fuck yes Im interested! Im too busy to compile that data! Historical charts of multiple calibers would rock. New data could be stolen from ammoengineseekorwhatever. It would be like a kitco for bullets. Thought of this before but then realized how difficult it would be to compile such huge amounts of info.

Good luck!

Glad everyone likes this idea. I'm working on this now, and hoping for a summer limited release, and hope to have many other great features down the road. I may also run a closed beta and allow members from this forum to give feedback.

• Like 2