Show off your MKA-1919!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my new baby. T&N does amazing work! Attention to detail is insane!

(Rodney King)Can't we all just get along (Rodney King)   That's funny right there.

Posted Images

Ok got new ones, cleaned out a bunch of old pics and the ones from the build, here's the link to the album to see the wacky left side charging "ball" I'm working on.... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/album/1045-syndicates-mka-1919/

gallery_43075_1045_282125.jpg

smoothed out carrier/slide

gallery_43075_1045_318825.jpg

How much of your stock coating is on the bolt? only a small bit is visible that is gone installed, but a lot of mine is gone

gallery_43075_1045_295080.jpg

gallery_43075_1045_260026.jpg

gallery_43075_1045_1003374.jpg

gallery_43075_1045_99124.jpg

Edited by Syndicate
Nice MKA 1919.

I been thinking hard about on of these. How do you like the MKA 1919?

I seen that FB has a aluminum lower now to replace the stock polymer lower.

So how does the left sided charging handle on the forend work exactly?

Pull on it and it charges the weapon, when you shoot, it stays in place, thus the "non reciprocating" name for it, has a ball detent that keeps in place all nice like.

other than getting it to cooperate with light loads without new springs and such, I love it. the Upland game loads have a bit more umph and work well, have to get a reload dope to match that. I really want the lower myself, being out of work isn't helping. Firebird still hasn't answered me about being the shop sweeper and cook yet, I don't have high hopes though hehe.

I wasn't going to go with FDE (Flat Dark Earth, the new black apparently), but I got it for less than the black stuff (no idea why it was on sale over other options), and they didn't have an AFG in black. I like how it looks, the pics make it jump a lot, in person it is pretty subtle. What do you guys think of the FDR stuff?

Well I am 99% done. About the only thing I need to add is skate board tape on the grips.

I did the water transfer graphics myself (www.mydipkit.com). That was a learning lesson. (It is not as easy as the video looks)

Tooth and Nail - Forearm, Charging Handle / Tromix - Springs and things, Stock adapter

Magpul - Front sight / UTG - Flashlight w/ grip activation / Barska - Pistol grip & bipod

That is a real carry handle. That plastic junk is in the recycle bin.

Mag Pouch - I found you can use the Blackhawk 3-mag AR-15 pouch and cut out the dividers. Now it holds two 5 rounders without a problem. I like the clip idea for the 10 rounders. Since I have sheets of Kydex-like material I can easily make those.

I must have done something wrong because I rocked 25 straight rounds of target loads without issues and the mags all dropped without issue. Cutting the stock went easy, despite the horror stories that some like to tell on here.

Thanks to T&N and Tromix for helping. Thanks to Jim at Firebird for the video on how to take the gun apart without breaking the feed ramps off. THAT would have been bad.

post-44656-0-11661100-1367031177_thumb.jpg

post-44656-0-88672800-1367031190_thumb.jpg

post-44656-0-85176400-1367031966_thumb.jpg

Edited by aerosigns
  • Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="aerosigns" data-cid="896193" data-time="1367203788"><p>

Rod<br />

Your Skull GraphiCs Look Good. Did You Do It Yourself?</p></blockquote>

Nope. I bought it like that from Atlantic Firearms. It's the Limited Edition Zombie Apocalypse package. Everyone that sees it says it's badass.

It came with two 5rnd mags and one 10rnd mag just like in the picture.