Show off your MKA-1919!

Hey AR-12 Shotgun: did you paint the inside of the slots (holes)???? looks real nice let me know what you did and how......

Sorry been in out of state for work the last several days. Josh at T&N did it for me. It was a special request. It turned out amazing. It has really been turning heads.

cost?
He only charged $40 for the extra work. Looking it over, it seems like it took a lot of time to make it work. I was on the phone with him talking about the upgrades he was gonna do and was like "I wish you could make it with red accents in the slots." Josh stopped and said "let me think about it" and apparently came up with a way to pull it off. It turned out better than I had imagined it.

Definitely reinforced the "how you want it, when you want it" slogan on their website. Big props!

Edited by AR-12 Shotgun
  • Like 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my new baby. T&N does amazing work! Attention to detail is insane!

(Rodney King)Can't we all just get along (Rodney King)   That's funny right there.

Posted Images

Nice job !!

It didn't take you long to get it put together...since you only got it yesterday...LOL

No it didn't! I sold my stock lower several weeks ago and I been eager to get it and get it done...

Have my rear LMT sight on the way along with my folding stock mechanism that I will use...

more pic's this weekend of the folder....

I'm leary of selling my stock lower to be honest, sell it to someone it cracks, are they going to throw a bitch fit about something out of my control? *shrugs*

Syndicate.....consider those out there who have broken receivers and need areplacement.

Mine sold to a guy who had three MKA's and wanted a receiver to modify without cutting

His own (warranty I guess) as mine still had the butstock..

I'm leary of selling my stock lower to be honest, sell it to someone it cracks, are they going to throw a bitch fit about something out of my control? *shrugs*

Syndicate.....consider those out there who have broken receivers and need areplacement.

Mine sold to a guy who had three MKA's and wanted a receiver to modify without cutting

His own (warranty I guess) as mine still had the butstock..

Good point.

• 4 weeks later...

How about showing off some MKA magazines?

I just got some new magazines for my MKA 1919 (see pictures below). I've got the OEM 5-round, Salem6 10-round, OEM 10-round, Firebird F15 15-round, and Roulette Tactical 18-round. I haven't had a chance to test the last two (I recently received them), but I'll try to make a video as soon as I do.

I placed a 30-round AK47 magazine and 15-round .40 pistol magazine on both sides so that you could see the relative size of the magazines.

post-47704-0-26376400-1371317957_thumb.jpg
post-47704-0-48963800-1371317964_thumb.jpg
post-47704-0-56970500-1371317979_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Well , sometimes one thing leads to another, what started out small became a bigger project. I was going to have T and N do a little work to my 1919, in the end I did everything but the side charging handle and the grip. I like the grip and figure why cutup the lower more then necesssary. F93 stock with Limb Saver, Forend, complete trigger, charge handle, mag release, drive block, gas piston, guide rod, plus misc. tweaking. Added the BAD lever, MBUS and the Eotech. No more 922 questions here.

This thing is a lot of fun, the extra weight with forend and stock assy with limb saver, and the other work make this very smooth and not nearly as hard on the body regardless of the loads. Thanks Matt.

post-47231-0-87613200-1375143559_thumb.jpgpost-47231-0-66018900-1375143579_thumb.jpgpost-47231-0-22989100-1375143616_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waynefi

How about showing off some MKA magazines?

I just got some new magazines for my MKA 1919 (see pictures below). I've got the OEM 5-round, Salem6 10-round, OEM 10-round, Firebird F15 15-round, and Roulette Tactical 18-round. I haven't had a chance to test the last two (I recently received them), but I'll try to make a video as soon as I do.

I placed a 30-round AK47 magazine and 15-round .40 pistol magazine on both sides so that you could see the relative size of the magazines.

One 18 round, better then 2-10's clamped ?

The 2 10 rounders clamped tend to get pretty heavy. I have had problems with mine falling out for no apparent reason. With that said, I have had problems with the 18 rounder single too, they have problems with the shells moving freely through the mag...the weak point of this gun is and always has been the high capacity mags.

Edited by compshootfl

Mags dropping out for no reason are the direct result of one of two problems. A loosely threaded magazine catch (threads are loose on the bolt causing the catch to have slop) or the catch not being fully engaged into the magazine. Both of which can be solved easily.

• Like 1

Mags dropping out for no reason are the direct result of one of two problems. A loosely threaded magazine catch (threads are loose on the bolt causing the catch to have slop) or the catch not being fully engaged into the magazine. Both of which can be solved easily.

Yup. I removed the screw for the mag release, dropped some blue Loctite on the threads, and reinstalled. Took a bit of experimentation to get it just tight enough to hold the mags under recoil and still allow easy operation. But, since I got it set (took a few mags) it's been perfect since. :)

I would rather have a 20 round drum but how does that 18 round mag function? It seems awfully large and would hit and snag as your moving through.

Run's great, Glenn at Roullete Tactical makes a great product. http://roulettetactical.com/ Once you get use to it no problem on moving with it. I have run a 20 rounder on my Saiga for a long time.

post-23016-0-33477500-1376312590_thumb.jpeg

post-23016-0-48670700-1376680150_thumb.jpg

post-23016-0-23671500-1376680183_thumb.jpg

Edited by rlillyskygod

Why that's like telling someone their wife's fat........oh no you did unt lol.

It's OK as long as the wife doesn't hear it.

I guess if you have a malfunction or run out of ammo you can use the mag as a club.

Edited by Joe**Dirt