Izhmash Factory 8 Round Magazines

I've been reading and benefiting from this forum for long enough that I figured it was time to give back.

This find was too good to keep to myself, so I finally created an account to be able to post this as a way of saying thanks. Through the wisdom of your posts, a lot of you have helped me without knowing it.

Thanks everybody.

Anyway, on to the good stuff.

Russian factory 8 round magazines are in stock. People will bitch about the price, but good luck finding these elsewhere. From what I've read, people pay this much and have to gamble on international shipping from the UK or New Zealand.

I'm hoping they shipped over giant crates of these things and they last a while, but I wouldn't count on it if I were you. If you've wanted a couple of these for a while and you can convince the wife, or at least hide it from her, jump on it.

P.S. I have no affiliation with KVAR other than gladly spending way too much money there over the years.

Izhmash Factory 8 Round Magazines - In Stock at KVAR - $149.00

http://www.k-var.com/shop/M-12S8.html

%20M-12S8_003-ki.jpg

Original Russian Saiga 12-gauge shotgun 8-round Hi-capacity magazine with Izhmash factory logo!

K-Var is proud to introduce the rarest and most unique AK/Saiga original factory high-capacity magazines previously unavailable in the United States.

Direct from the world famous IZHMASH Factory in Russia, we are proud to bring you this magazine, for the popular 12-gauge, that has never before been sold to gun enthusiasts in the United States.

Designed and manufactured in Russia, the M-12S8 joins our popular 12-gauge line. Like the previous 5-round magazine, this high-capacity 8-round magazine fits perfectly to your Saiga shotgun, but offers a longer lasting shooting experience.

This original magazine is available in limited quantities. Due to the high demand for this product, there is a limit of 5 per customer.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a thread that some might like showing X-ray pics of the metal reinforcements in the izzy8. It's really not up for debate, mags with metal reinforcement and lugs are just stronger and hold up b

Best mags there are! I never had a single problem with any Russian magazine be it S12, V12 or any of the Saiga rifles I've owned. That's a decent price for new, I've sold used ones for more. I agree

While my mag collection is not as complete as Cobras (who's is?), I can say that without a doubt, the Russian mags are superior oa ANY US mag. The reliability and strength through metal reinforcement

Posted Images

it's OK, if you want to pay a butt load of money so you can "profile" on the range with your, oh-ah pretty SAIGA 12 8 round mag. the SGM TACTICAL 8 rounder will do the same job and be much more cost effective (cheaper)

here is I determine a magazine; if a US made one works just as well as a overpriced foreign mag, then I will go with the US made one. prettiness only works if your looking for a woman to bang,

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1
it's OK, if you want to pay a butt load of money so you can "profile" on the range with your, oh-ah pretty SAIGA 12 8 round mag. the SGM TACTICAL 8 rounder will do the same job and be much more cost effective (cheaper)

here is I determine a magazine; if a US made one works just as well as a overpriced foreign mag, then I will go with the US made one. prettiness only works if your looking for a woman to bang,

IMO SGM 10 rounders are the perfect length

I'd pay the $150 for the magazine without issue, I'm a huge fan of them. But $22 for shipping? What the hell is that? I wonder why they won't ship USPS/FedEx.

Are you joking? You mean to tell me you're willing to pay a premium for a piece of plastic that cost the Russians like $2 to make, but you're going to cry about the shipping?

Edited by S12KS-K
  • Like 2

Seen em already and bought 3 SGM 12RD mags for cheaper and cut them to 8. Only reason I can see anyone buying this mag is to build a clone S12 or to brag that you have a Izzy 8. Would I like to have one? Yes. Will you see me pay more than $75 for one? Not a chance.

Best mags there are! I never had a single problem with any Russian magazine be it S12, V12 or any of the Saiga rifles I've owned.

That's a decent price for new, I've sold used ones for more. I agree about KVAR's shipping prices being ridonkulous.

Whine about the price all you want and how US mags are cheaper and do the same thing an Izzy 8 does. Well, drop that S12 with any loaded US mag by accident on the mag or on the buttstock and find out for yourself why those US mags are inferior, then report back....please.

Edit; US made stick mags, we all know MD20's are damn near indestructable

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 4
FYI, Legion USA has them available for $109 and they ship free. Sure they are expensive but put a couple of these in your magazine bag and I'll guarantee 9 times out of 10 you'll be reaching for the Russian 8's. .

Ouch! The sting of overpaying!

On the other hand I'm also intrigued. Have any of you received an order from Legion lately? Any word on their ship time or customer service.

Whine about the price all you want and how US mags are cheaper and do the same thing an Izzy 8 does. Well, drop that S12 with any loaded US mag by accident on the mag or on the buttstock and find out for yourself why those US mags are inferior, then report back....please.

no whining, just stating a fact. as for dropping any of my firearms, never have, I don't have butterfingers.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

no whining, just stating a fact. as for dropping any of my firearms, never have, I don't have butterfingers.

Lolololol!

I have dropped 2 loaded mags before, no guns though. A MD20 and every single round came out and a AGP10 and one popped out. I'm glad to tell you that no, my inferior US made $40 dollar mag DID NOT BREAK. :P

Oh and that was onto concrete from the top of a ~4.5' tall garbage can

Edited by dubya

IMO SGM 10 rounders are the perfect length

I'd pay the $150 for the magazine without issue, I'm a huge fan of them. But $22 for shipping? What the hell is that? I wonder why they won't ship USPS/FedEx.

Are you joking? You mean to tell me you're willing to pay a premium for a piece of plastic that cost the Russians like $2 to make, but you're going to cry about the shipping?

Paying $150 for those mags is to be expected. Paying $22 to ship a one pound item a few states East isn't. Good thing I didn't blow it all on K-var, just placed an order with legion and saved $62.

Edited by Barrage

I went to bed stewing last night over this last night. Even though I made the decision that they were worth it at KVAR prices, it still really chaps my ass that I could have had three for the price I paid for 2 with shipping.

I was really tempted to cancel the KVAR order and place a new one with LEGION. However, I decided to give KVAR a chance and wrote them to see if there is anything they can do to ease the pain.

There's nothing quite like the buyer's remorse, especially after putting my foot in my mouth above stating..."good luck finding these elsewhere". beaten.gif

Live and learn.

• Like 1
I went to bed stewing last night over this last night. Even though I made the decision that they were worth it at KVAR prices, it still really chaps my ass that I could have had three for the price I paid for 2 with shipping.

I was really tempted to cancel the KVAR order and place a new one with LEGION. However, I decided to give KVAR a chance and wrote them to see if there is anything they can do to ease the pain.

There's nothing quite like the buyer's remorse, especially after putting my foot in my mouth above stating..."good luck finding these elsewhere". beaten.gif

Live and learn.

I agree with you on the buyer's remorse thing, but if it makes you feel any better, that link you posted was the cheapest I had seen them offered and thought it was pretty fair considering people have been scalping them for around $250-$300 in the classifieds on several sites because of the supposed scarcity of these. I don't own any because they seem way overpriced to me when I can get 3, or 4 from almost any other US manufacturer for the same money, or just buy a drum. Hey maybe they are made of unobtanium and are indestructible, but I'm not rough on my guns or components, so being indestructible isn't quite as important to me.

Yep got my tracking num today they on the way

This is what put me over the edge.

After getting no response via email, I called KVAR and they were very helpful and friendly cancelling the order.

I placed a follow up order with Legion. I would have preferred to keep my business with KVAR as they have been great to me , but an extra hundred bucks was just too hard to stomach in this case.

Thanks to HighPlainsDrifter for the heads up and BigD1979 for the follow up.

BigD... what shipping method did they use for your order? (UPS, USPS etc...)

Thanks to HighPlainsDrifter for the heads up and BigD1979 for the follow up.

BigD... what shipping method did they use for your order? (UPS, USPS etc...)

You are welcome! Hopefully when the police mags come back into stock someone will return the favor. If you bought 5 or more police mags back in December you got 10% off. This was when the mags were priced at $100. Best deal you could ask for so I am patiently waiting for them to be restocked.

Legion used UPS for my orders...

• Like 1

Police Mags? Please do elaborate, or feel free to point me to an old thread if you have a moment.

(edited to deal with me totally screwing up the "quote" system.)

Edited by SGL
Police Mags? Please do elaborate, or feel free to point me to an old thread if you have a moment.

(edited to deal with me totally screwing up the "quote" system.)

I am at work so I always have a moment. Police magazines are the Iz-408's that are used in conjunction with the magwell. Pretty much they are magwell magazines. I am unsure how the nomenclature came about but it is what it is...

Go to the Legion's "parts and accessories" page and you can find them there along with the rock-n-locks.