Izhmash Factory 8 Round Magazines

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a thread that some might like showing X-ray pics of the metal reinforcements in the izzy8. It's really not up for debate, mags with metal reinforcement and lugs are just stronger and hold up b

Best mags there are! I never had a single problem with any Russian magazine be it S12, V12 or any of the Saiga rifles I've owned. That's a decent price for new, I've sold used ones for more. I agree

While my mag collection is not as complete as Cobras (who's is?), I can say that without a doubt, the Russian mags are superior oa ANY US mag. The reliability and strength through metal reinforcement

Posted Images

Got my mags fri these r my first is it normal for the side of the mag that faces the barrel to not b like smooth and kinda rough looking I dunno jus looks odd to me especially for the price of them

post-46714-0-00810800-1366000238_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigd1979
Got my mags fri these r my first is it normal for the side of the mag that faces the barrel to not b like smooth and kinda rough looking I dunno jus looks odd to me especially for the price of them

They're from Russia and cost $9 to make!

So they all like this I highly doubt id however other than than that it fits nice and function s nice also feels alot stronger than rest of mine guess as long as it works well thats what matters

None of mine look like that. It's really just cosmetic and even though you paid a premium I wouldn't worry about it...

Whine about the price all you want and how US mags are cheaper and do the same thing an Izzy 8 does. Well, drop that S12 with any loaded US mag by accident on the mag or on the buttstock and find out for yourself why those US mags are inferior, then report back....please.

no whining, just stating a fact. as for dropping any of my firearms, never have, I don't have butterfingers.

Lolololol!

I have dropped 2 loaded mags before, no guns though. A MD20 and every single round came out and a AGP10 and one popped out. I'm glad to tell you that no, my inferior US made $40 dollar mag DID NOT BREAK. tongue.png

Oh and that was onto concrete from the top of a ~4.5' tall garbage can

Awesome.

Now leave it in the gun and do the same thing so it has a leverage point to flex off of, or some weight coming down on top of it. The results might be a little different.

Whine about the price all you want and how US mags are cheaper and do the same thing an Izzy 8 does. Well, drop that S12 with any loaded US mag by accident on the mag or on the buttstock and find out for yourself why those US mags are inferior, then report back....please.

no whining, just stating a fact. as for dropping any of my firearms, never have, I don't have butterfingers.

Well Spiderman, knocking a firearm over or dropping one by accident, happens. It is whining though because if they cost $40-$50 like a US mag, you'd own dozens of Izzy 8's instead.

• Like 1

For one I'm not careless enough to drop a loaded gun on the concrete like you obviously are. Secondly, I can't imagine anyone is dumb enough, yourself included, to drop one on purpose to "test durability".

Yet another of many smartassed posts by you.

It doesn't have to be concrete dude, I didn't say anything about concrete or where to drop it, don't assume. Yes, carelessness. Things happen, I don't care to treat my guns as tho they are gold and can't be scratched or dinged. Things fall, sometimes gravity wins. Leaning a long gun against something temporarily and it accidentally gets knocked over etc. etc. Shit happens. You just know that a fully loaded US mag inserted in the gun will snap off like a twig if it got dropped or knocked over. You don't have to keep justifying it. It's all good.

My only point is, there is no comparison in quality and durability between an Izzy 8 and a US mag...none

Explain for everyone what makes a Izzy 8 more durable than a US made mag. You can't. You have a hard on and can't justify it. Simple.

Now I'm not saying they aren't great mags, but to go as far as to say they will out live a US made mag in drop tests is absurd. Go find something worth arguing about.

Edited by dubya

Steel reinforcement throughout. Lugs, lips, body and an internal floorplate. Superior feeding reliability proven by many members on here. How many threads have you read on here of any factory magazine failures or issues?

I stated my opinion, was challenged for that opinion and now i'm backing the opinion up with facts. Steel reinforced Russian magazines will outlast any non reinforced US mag on the market. That's not opinion, it's pure fact based off of construction of the magazine. What magazines are the most reliable, durable and most sought after in the AK world? Surplus steel and surplus polymer steel reinforced.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Here is a thread that some might like showing X-ray pics of the metal reinforcements in the izzy8. It's really not up for debate, mags with metal reinforcement and lugs are just stronger and hold up better when dropped or mistreated. Same reason circle10 mags beat all other polymer mags in drop tests, it's just a fact that plastic breaks easier than metal.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/37889-x-rays-of-saiga-12-magazines/page-2

• Like 4

While my mag collection is not as complete as Cobras (who's is?), I can say that without a doubt, the Russian mags are superior oa ANY US mag. The reliability and strength through metal reinforcement is not matched in any current US box mag. Having said that, if I'm not inserting a Russian mag, it probably a MDA drum or SGM Tactical mag.

Having spent thousands on Russian mags, I am happy to see the price and availability coming around, even if that means I am loosing money on my investments.

• Like 3
For one I'm not careless enough to drop a loaded gun on the concrete like you obviously are. Secondly, I can't imagine anyone is dumb enough, yourself included, to drop one on purpose to "test durability". Yet another of many smartassed posts by you.

I guess I'm dumb. First time I tested to see if a magazine was worth a shit was when we were issued the new Okay magazines. Everybody was skeptical of them. We were all using colt 30 and 20 round magazines. Our magazines were disposable items over time. One popular test was to take an empty rifle and baseball swing your magazine into 'a rock or something hard' if the plate came off and shot out your spring, you would return your magazine till you got a colt.

Even now as a has been, my magazines take a hit when going from a run to a prone position. They get banged up on cement, rails, sills, truck beds and a slew of other things you can shoot off of. I have found that the Izhmash magazines are superior to the US made magazines due to the lips and the material used. Not sure what's in it, but it's not all plastic. I think there are fibers in it as well.

Anyway, lots of people keep up with their training and enjoy shooting from postions outside the sterile repetitive bench of an established shooting range. Once you get outside the indoor range and practice new positions, it really does help to have a magazine that won't peen or distort from dinging it on stuff when you are operating the weapon.

• Like 1
Well Spiderman, knocking a firearm over or dropping one by accident, happens. It is whining though because if they cost $40-$50 like a US mag, you'd own dozens of Izzy 8's instead.

well wonder woman, 99 percent of accidents happen because people are in a daze, or not paying attention. and even if they cost 40-50 bucks I still wouldn't buy them, they are 8 round mags, in no stretch of the imagination they are even worth that much money.

No, very possible that you are just cheap. Either way, your only somewhat valid attempts to knock on the mags have a lot to do with price. Otherwise, none of your arguments are valid. It's also not one or the other. You can have a variety of mags with various capacity, etc. To simply dismiss the better built mag because of price is illogical.

Hopefully we have some metal magazine options soon, I have a feeling it won't be long.

I curious if a metal mag would actually be better. Of course steel is stronger than polymer, but with AK rifles, the Bulgarian Circle 10 metal lined polymers are the gold standard in magazines even though steel surplus mags are readily available.

The weight benefits of polymer with a metal cage are obvious, but there is also less probability of denting a magazine.

I have seen tons of inoperable metal AK mags with jammed followers and bent lips, but have never seen a failed Circle 10. I'm sure that there are some guys that have seen broken or damaged (10) mags but they can definitely take a beating.

It seems to me that these factory Izzy mags might have more going for them than metal mags.

Thoughts?

Very possible. My circle 10s feed way better than the steel. They also feed way better than my crapco polymer mags. May have more to do with design than material. Sometimes things just fall in place. Still, I'd love to at least try some metal s12 mags.

Still, I'd love to at least try some metal s12 mags.

I'm with you...I'd at least have to get one if they were available, just thought the Circle 10 comparison was interesting enough to throw out there.

A huge part of the reliability of an AK (any box magazine fed firearm actually) is based off the magazine. Quality magazines all but insure the reliability of the system overall. Insert inferior magazines and you take away from the overall reliability of the system. Plain and simple.