Izhmash Factory 8 Round Magazines

Yeah SGL, I think it is a very interesting comparison. And Mullet Man, as always, I agree with all you just said. Having an inferior mag is like having dummy rounds randomly mixed in your live rounds.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a thread that some might like showing X-ray pics of the metal reinforcements in the izzy8. It's really not up for debate, mags with metal reinforcement and lugs are just stronger and hold up b

Best mags there are! I never had a single problem with any Russian magazine be it S12, V12 or any of the Saiga rifles I've owned. That's a decent price for new, I've sold used ones for more. I agree

While my mag collection is not as complete as Cobras (who's is?), I can say that without a doubt, the Russian mags are superior oa ANY US mag. The reliability and strength through metal reinforcement

Posted Images

SGL, I agree with you. These modern metal caged polymer mags are tits. I feel that my (10)s and izzy ak103 mags are nearly indestructible under most situations. Obviously I am still anxious to get my hands on some metal mags, and I bet that Mike will make them strong. Hopefully we will find out soon.

For one I'm not careless enough to drop a loaded gun on the concrete like you obviously are. Secondly, I can't imagine anyone is dumb enough, yourself included, to drop one on purpose to "test durability". Yet another of many smartassed posts by you.

I guess I'm dumb. First time I tested to see if a magazine was worth a shit was when we were issued the new Okay magazines. Everybody was skeptical of them. We were all using colt 30 and 20 round magazines. Our magazines were disposable items over time. One popular test was to take an empty rifle and baseball swing your magazine into 'a rock or something hard' if the plate came off and shot out your spring, you would return your magazine till you got a colt.

Even now as a has been, my magazines take a hit when going from a run to a prone position. They get banged up on cement, rails, sills, truck beds and a slew of other things you can shoot off of. I have found that the Izhmash magazines are superior to the US made magazines due to the lips and the material used. Not sure what's in it, but it's not all plastic. I think there are fibers in it as well.

Anyway, lots of people keep up with their training and enjoy shooting from postions outside the sterile repetitive bench of an established shooting range. Once you get outside the indoor range and practice new positions, it really does help to have a magazine that won't peen or distort from dinging it on stuff when you are operating the weapon.

I agree with your philosophy, gotta keep up the training or you lose it.... and when you need it is not the time for refresher training. Plus an 8 round Izzy mag is much shorter than a 10 or 12 SGM, so going prone will be better all around...

I would like to see someone trying to shoot from prone with a 12 round mag in there.

new to here and have been trying to find a quality mag for my s12 as I abuse my mags pretty well hunting with my s12. My s12 came with two promag 10 rounders and the factory five rounder. I use my s12 snow goose hunting so the mags get put to the test being expected to empty all ten 3inch magnum steel rounds typically 3in federal steel number 2's 1's and BB after being run through mud and snow from crawling through a field. With that being said the promags I had sucked dick. Both of them failed to feed shells after two and three full mag dumps. Needless to say when you crawl about a 100 yards to get the sneek on some geese you don't want that mag to not feed after the first two shots cause the geese are gone by the time you fix the malfunction. In each promag the springs broke in a couple different places. So I then got a SGM 10 rounder after reading on here that they were better. It was better than the promags it hasn't actually broken, but I don't trust it to hunt with anymore. When I first got it the first four or five mag dumps it worked flawlessly, but now for some reason after two to three shots it fails to feed a shell high enough for the bolt to catch it. The only mag I have had hold up and never fail at all is the factory izzy five rounder. No matter what it has always fired every last round out of it. I would like a drum, but for whatever dumb ass reason no one makes a drum that can shoot 3in shells. Me personally I no longer want to waste 40 dollars on a mag to have it not work I would rather spend 150 on one mag knowing that I can trust it to always work flawlessly no matter what when I'm out hunting. The s12 is a awesome weapon I can personally attest that it will fire flawlessly after having hundreds of rounds through it with no cleaning and being drug through mud and snow. I love the s12, but I hate the serious lack of quality mags and drums that can't shoot 3in shells. I don't know why American companies can't produce a mag that can reliably always shoot 3in shells.

SONAVA! you guyz are killing me with these posts. I'm trying real hard this month not to blow my entire bank... bought a new gun, scope, mounts, tools... even overpaid for several AGP and Glock mags as they're getting harder to find.

ok so I bought 2 Izzy's... <sigh>

thanks for the heads up, hope they still have some after paycheck next

Are we still having this debate? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I think its time I took some slightly better pictures of Saiga-12 mags. I'm on a digital system now, and I think I could make some beautiful shots!

• Like 2

I think its time I took some slightly better pictures of Saiga-12 mags. I'm on a digital system now, and I think I could make some beautiful shots!

Absolutely sir. Nothing like X-Ray Art. Simply beautimus.

Absolutely sir. Nothing like X-Ray Art. Simply beautimus.

I am in complete agreement!!

BTW... I got mine today, and as soon as photobucket plays nice with my phone, I may post a pic or two... big_smile.gif

I received my magazines today. They were packed horribly.... The flat rate box was crunched (but not torn) pretty well, and they were loose inside with a little bubble wrap wadded in one end of the box. But fortunately they seem to have survived in good shape.

I received my magazines today. They were packed horribly.... The flat rate box was crunched (but not torn) pretty well, and they were loose inside with a little bubble wrap wadded in one end of the box. But fortunately they seem to have survived in good shape.
Interesting. Mine were packed rather well. Packer rushed and maybe running out of packing? Different packers, one careless and one not?
Yea I was wondering about that also looks like they have to sit for 3 years then they can be sold all 5 of mine came wit that note and all had same date on them pretty interesting

I expect that note means the factory packaging is supposed to preserve the magazines in new condition for up to 3 years in storage. Any longer, they'd probably slather the whole thing in cosmoline, and wrap in waxed paper. They're Russians, after all. They kept all those old Mosin Nagants preserved for decades after they were all using AKs, in case the Germans came back and brought the Americans with them.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="HighPlainsDrifter" data-cid="888545" data-time="1365657007"><p>

Made 3 orders with them during the panic. They filled, shipped, and delivered all 3 within 2 weeks of ordering. Their customer service during this time was non-existent but I need to say everything was delivered free, in reasonable time, and as advertised.</p></blockquote>

I had to call multiple times to get the proper FFL info to go through. I waited a week for a saiga 030 that they didn't process... they don't keep FFLs on file..wtf.. in the end I did get my 030 free shipping for around $800 so I guess I can't complain on legion. Customer service guy seemed like he was stoned lol

A huge part of the reliability of an AK (any box magazine fed firearm actually) is based off the magazine. Quality magazines all but insure the reliability of the system overall. Insert inferior magazines and you take away from the overall reliability of the system. Plain and simple.

All of my mags will last and last and last - or at least until I can find some shells to buy!