Walmart 12 ga target loads getting scarce?

Anyone notice the Walmart 12 ga target loads getting scarce in their areas? The rifle ammo has been cleaned out for months but there always seemed to be a supply of 12 ga target loads...until now. Last few times I checked it was gone. Went in the other day and found some. I panicked and bought all of it. Around 400 rounds for $100

My Walmart is in Cornelius, Oregun

Edited by Turbo442
Anyone notice the Walmart 12 ga target loads getting scarce in their areas? The rifle ammo has been cleaned out for months but there always seemed to be a supply of 12 ga target loads...until now. Last few times I checked it was gone. Went in the other day and found some. I panicked and bought all of it. Around 400 rounds for $100

And this my friend, is the exact reason why every time I go in there now, the only thing left (if I'm lucky) is Winchester Universal crap. Fortunately after some work, my guns run that fine. Most times though, the shelves are completely bare here.

That's why I'm reloading my own from now on.

I have to wonder what is going on at these ammo manufactures? Is there is a particular part of the supply chain that gates production (primers, powder, brass?) or is it simply how fast these machines can crank out product?

Ammo worker #1 'Hey joe...that guy just called again and is asking when we're gonna ship some rounds! You wanna start working on it today?'

Ammo worker #2 'Nahhhh, relax and look at this talking dog on YouTube with me.'

On a plus side, when these ammo companies finally get up to speed, we are probably going to see a bunch of surplus ammo come onto the market at some pretty decent prices. At least is wont be 30 years old, I am sure a lot of the old stuff is getting purged from the system.

Its (12g) everywhere here...michigan...probably the last time u checked the guy before u panicked and bought it all. People just need to chill and let the stock catch back up. If your sitting on thousands and thousands of rounds do you really need to just keep buying out the store everytime u see it?

It comes and goes at my local WW. I buy it ever time I see it....I have been able to stay fully stocked....

That brings up another question I have been thinking about...How many bulk packs can the top of a safe hold?

I am thinking 30 is a good place to stop...bad_smile.gif

All my Walmarts limit 3 boxes of ammo, so I buy as much as I can when I see it, but its rare to see any thing at any of the Walmarts in Denver area. Oddly enough though yesterday I found both 12ga and 9mm, luckily i was out running for work and found them at two different Walmarts, but that was a rarity.

The low warning light is blinking red on my current bulk inventory level. My brother and I are slowing down how often we go to shoot.

500 12ga target loads

2000 7.62x39 FMJ

600 7.62x39 tracer

700 5.56x45 tracer

500 .223 FMJ

800 22LR

600 22LR tracer

400 9mm

I've been checking my local wally world and sometimes they have 1-2 bulk packs of Federal or Winchester in 12 ga. and 20 ga. I will buy it if I can...sometimes my permission slip goes unsigned. I am still waiting to walk in there and buy 3 bulk packs(3 box limit)....and have a lil fun in the sun day. I have heard that some walmart's have a lock box under the counter which is where the ammo is when in stock.

One local gunshop had some .22 lr that they keep in the back...so you have to ask for it.

Its a crazy time out there......hopefully things are slowing down.sad.png

SGAmmo has plenty of shotty ammo. I ordered .45 and a bulk pack of Winchester yesterday and it will be here Monday.

Thanks for the heads up.

Shelves are bare here in Colorado Springs.

Your Welcome

I order ammo from them all the time and the ship times are the best in the industry. They also are not killing people on prices with most stuff. The 223 has went up of course and a few bucks here and there on other stuff but no rape. My Walmarts have 7mm only. Hell one of the employees was buying it when it came in and then selling it out of his trunk. Shit like that pisses me off but he will be gone soon.

Edited by kingjason
  • Like 1

Went to WallyWorld today. Had a real good feeling as I walked through the door I was gonna find some ammo. Walked up to the ammo case and would you believe it! NOTHING AGAIN! Crickets chirping. Some times I find my self looking at the case as if something will magically appear.

I noticed the giant stack of clay pigeons is dwindling. Maybe that's gonna be the next thing in short supply. I resisted the urge to panic on that.

They did have 10 bulk paks of 20ga.

I stopped by Bi-mart and they had some bare bones 1022's. I was out the door with one in under 5 minutes for $209.

SGAmmo has plenty of shotty ammo. I ordered .45 and a bulk pack of Winchester yesterday and it will be here Monday.

Thanks for the heads up.

Shelves are bare here in Colorado Springs.

Your Welcome

I order ammo from them all the time and the ship times are the best in the industry. They also are not killing people on prices with most stuff. The 223 has went up of course and a few bucks here and there on other stuff but no rape. My Walmarts have 7mm only. Hell one of the employees was buying it when it came in and then selling it out of his trunk. Shit like that pisses me off but he will be gone soon.

I ordered a bunch of .223 and 12ga right after I posted my Thanks to you on Saturday.

Got a shipping conformation first thing this morning.

My wife suggested I buy some more. All bulk .223 is gone today :(

You are correct their prices are fair.

Very impressed with SGA.

Thanks again kingjason!

-BB

My Walmart is in Cornelius, Oregun

Uh yeah man those have been scarce for months and months where i live.