Fort Wayne IN. anyone?

You have everything you need tool-wise for your conversion? I don't have shit for workspace at this house, but I've still got all my tools.

Well Hillside is open again but they don't have much in the way of shotgun targets. I'm going to try to get about 5 little steel knock-down bunnies made up this week. AR235 oughtta be hard enough for lead shot, yeah?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

still have the XDm though. cant decide what i want next. btw Max just got a Job in a factory in auburn. so things are starting to look up.

Hey y"all. Looks like us Ft Wayne/New Haven folks could take over. ha. Jonny Im just up the road from u. Take the new extension for Maplecrest and its about 1/4 mile to my place. Im hopin Max can

Ha! Like I said before about your Dad's place, Rayne, you're only about 5 minute away from me! Auburn isn't a bad drive from our neck of the woods. Glad to hear you found something! It wouldn't happen

Posted Images

HA! This is really starting to get pretty cool! Got a place to shoot down there Barrage?

I'm gonna have to get off my ass and convert my shotgun so I'm not the biggest hoser at the party.. So far is sounds like Reign is in the lead with his 2 guns. wink.png j/k

I'm working on that right now, halfway through the home buying process. Sounds like later this summer we should have a meet-n-greet-n-shoot-n-conversion party.

• Like 1
You have everything you need tool-wise for your conversion? I don't have shit for workspace at this house, but I've still got all my tools.

Yep, I'm all good there, and I would even have a work space if a cleared all the junk out of my way! :)

(Well, except for a good TIG guy to stitch up the extra holes in the receiver... no big rush on that though)

just give me a few months with this job Max. I tend to customize what I have first before buying more. You'll see

I'm just blowin' ya some crap. :) I'm like that with just about every toy I have. I like to have everything "just so"... My problem is toy ADD... There's only so much cash no matter what your job is! Now that the weather is getting better I'm circling around playing with cars again vs getting the amp I really want for my home theater vs firearms... Decisions decisions...

I'm working on that right now, halfway through the home buying process. Sounds like later this summer we should have a meet-n-greet-n-shoot-n-conversion party.

Cool! I wish I would have rented for another few years and bought a place on some land instead of what I settled for. :(

Anyhow, you host the party, I'll bring the brats (been told by several people that they are "the best they've ever had")....

• Like 1

lol who said you could cook max. just joking. Im glad I started this thread I was in all honestly just expecting a guy frm evansville to say whats up or something and that be it.

But I like the idea of a meet n greet n shoot n whatever else. Im down for all this. Keep me posted guys

post-32852-0-00782100-1367384270_thumb.jpg

Ok, went for variety. So far I've got Phil here and a bunny on all-fours about halfway done. Still working on one more of each of those and two running bunnies. Now I've just gotta figure out what I did with that brown spray paint...

Considering his inventory of ex-g/f memorabilia to shoot at, I'd say he's the front runner.

When the chick leaves, the crap she gave me generally leaves too... I think I've made 3-4 exceptions...

• Like 2

Hehehe... I do it in one big purge... An ex-g/f bulimic episode.

Then I typically go buy things for myself, since that bitch ain't in my pocket NO MORE... Laptop and some sweet car amps once... A gang of Mustang parts another time...

My current squeeze is my fiance and she's 1 year away from being an attorney... I can NEVER get divorced! It's all good though. I knew she was a good woman when she went on a 350 mile round-trip "I just bought these speakers on Ebay" run with me on a Friday night after we'd been dating for about a year. wink.png Amongst my addictions, I'm also a vintage JBL Pro/Hi-Fi "collector"...

edit: I also forgot that she went on a "this chump on craigslist doesn't know the empty cabinets he wants $20 for are actually for $1500 speakers" run. Speakers are up and playing today! :)

----------

Alright, back to guns... Is there a plan brewing here? Now that the weather is undoubtedly good I'm going to get out into the shop this weekend and start clearing a path for conversion goodness. If the plan isn't eminent, I'm gonna work on cars instead.

Edited by Maxwelhse

I was kicking around the idea of hitting the range Sunday, but that depends on whether or not I can locate more bullets on Saturday. I'm planning on checking out the inventory of a local guy who casts and sells bullets and supposedly has other reloading supplies as well. I just finished my first 200 reloads and I don't wanna burn them up until I restock.

I'd be down for a shoot either way; I just might run out sooner than I'd like. Birdshot, I've got for days. Anything else.. Not so much. I'll keep checking this thread though. If anybody's jonesing for trigger time, I'll be there.

Yeah, ammo availability is a downer over here too.. About the only thing I have enough of to really "run" with is x54R, and I only have my 91/30 that uses it at the moment.

Who is this "local guy" of which you speak?

Edited by Maxwelhse
Ehhh..... Sniper Co sort of offends my senses... I'd keep checking Meijer and Wallywerld...

I had a bad experience buying from them. Haven't been back. I'm glad your experience went well though, Rayne. So I take it you sent just the internals to Pauly and duracoated the rest in the meantime?

Ehhh..... Sniper Co sort of offends my senses... I'd keep checking Meijer and Wallywerld...

I had a bad experience buying from them.?

I never even made it that far... Ed HIrshey FTW around these parts..

His prices are "fair" (thought he does adjust for the market, right or wrong... The good news is that he's usually a few weeks late) and he doesn't screw you around.

• Like 1

I can understand what you mean about Sniper Co. abit extreme in some senses but not all the guys are like that. Those are the ones I have gotten to know and have always hooked me with great deals I would have never known dealers to do.

Ed hirshy tried to rip me off on three different guns.

Ranger supply will rip you off. as well as freedom

Ya man the saiga is in the process of the duracoat. I was able to get a sneak peak in and can i say.. fucking amazing job Mike from sniper co. is doing

Again I was thinking that same thing that they are too extreme with the stuff they post and talk about but its not all of them.

Here's my Ed Hirshey story....

I called him up about a week before xmas 2012, after having bought my S12 from him about a year before, and asked if he had a takedown 10/22 in stock. He said he did and the price was $350 ("normal" price, not a steal, but alright... also, Ed doesn't normally quote prices on the phone unless he knows you're "cool" and a buyer, not a talker). I said cool, but I wouldn't be able to come in until after X-mas.... He said that wouldn't be a problem and he would hold it for me on my word.

Fast forward about a week (Christmas Eve in fact), I finally get over there to pay for it and take it home. He still has it for me and give me this big sob story about how it's a good thing I came in because people have been trying to buy it from him like nuts... unsure.png Yeah... Ok... Whatever... Paid him, took my gun home and immediately sent some emails out to a couple of buddies so they could hate. wink.png

Got a response from a buddy that a mutual friend of ours tried to buy MY RIFLE from Ed the day before I finally stopped in to pick it up (with no down payment, just my word) and Ed wouldn't sell it to him!!!

That's all it takes for me... "Fair" price (this was post Newtown, mind you) and absolutely stand-up CS.

Fucking Autozone won't hold a $10 relay for me for longer than a day w/o cash... Ed turned down an entire herd of guys trying to buy my rifle because he said he would.

Did I steal it from him? No... Was the deal alright? Yep... Did he stand by his word? Absolutely...

Ed is my first stop from now on, but I am going to start trying to haggle him a bit. His prices aren't awesome by any stretch.

Sniper Co... Well.... I won't comment other than I'm not impressed with them.

Speaking of.. I *AM* impressed with K&T in New Haven... They don't have crap for inventory, but they are the cheapest transfers around and are happy to do them for ya!

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

Wth, Max? You were at K&T and didn't stop by?!

:lolol: I keed, I keed. I checked them out when they first opened. They seemed nice enough but didn't have much in stock at the time. Jerry next door (Shooter's) used to be my go-to guy. He dropped the ball on a couple of more recent orders though.

Well I'm about to run some .45ACP test loads and hit the hay. Off to pick up some boolits in the morning and plant the garden in the afternoon. Sunday looks wide open for now. Still toying with hitting the range soon. I'll get ahold of you guys before I go if I do.

i figure once you get to know the guys at a shop pretty well you can negotiate and make great deal. example today i traded ammo and xdm mags for a suppressor. just waiting on it to arrive to fill out the paper work. my buddy bought a 500 from kt. The deals i personally make at sniper co cannot be beat. just got to get to know ppl.

Pfft, I wish! Gf will be visiting family out West in a couple weeks. I will finally have time to get shit done! :lol:

Speaking of which, who wants to hit the range in a couple weeks?? Rayne, you can shoot any guns I bring to your heart's content. Now that I've got the Dillon running, ammo won't break the bank!

Hey guys if you know any areas by lima coldwater and dupont that are renting houses or what not that has 3-4 bedrooms let me know. Want to move into a new place

And Im looking for a FNX tactical :)

Edited by rayne2ravage