GUYS,

SO THEY'RE OUTFITTING A BAGPIPE BAND.................

SO WHOM ARE THEY PLANNING TO PLAY "AMAZING GRACE" OVER, US OR THEM?

I'D PREFER "SCOTLAND THE BRAVE", MYSELF.

WHERE'S PAUL HARVEY WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

CHECK OUT THE INTERESTED VENDORS LIST; ONLY ONE SO FAR, IS THAT AN IRANIAN NAME?

JESS1344

GUYS,
SO THEY'RE OUTFITTING A BAGPIPE BAND.................
SO WHOM ARE THEY PLANNING TO PLAY "AMAZING GRACE" OVER, US OR THEM?
I'D PREFER "SCOTLAND THE BRAVE", MYSELF.
WHERE'S PAUL HARVEY WHEN YOU NEED HIM?
CHECK OUT THE INTERESTED VENDORS LIST; ONLY ONE SO FAR, IS THAT AN IRANIAN NAME?
JESS1344

THAT'S A VERY INTERESTING AND ENGAGING POINT YOU HAVE THERE GUY, THANKS FOR POINTING IT OUT TO US, WHATEVER WOULD WE DO?

DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE DHS AGENT AND THE DUCK? NO? YA, ME NEITHER.

LA LA LA LA WHO LIKES COMIC SANS AND ALL CAPS?

As far as the vendors go, there are several US vendors that eventually get these contracts.

But there are also hundreds of Pakistan and Indian firms that bid on these items.

Remember that Pakistan and India were Brittish colonies and the companies there began producing these items for the Brittish military pipe bands.

SYNDICATE,

I'M JUST POINTING OUT THAT IN THIS TIME OF SEQUESTER, WITH SO MUCH OF THE MILITARY BEING STOOD DOWN FOR LACK OF FUNDS, THEY HAVE MONEY FOR THIS BULLSHIT.

FUNNY HOW THE CONTRACT GOT PULLED OVERNIGHT; DID PUBLICISING IT HIT A NERVE SOMEWHERE?

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344
SYNDICATE,

I'M JUST POINTING OUT THAT IN THIS TIME OF SEQUESTER, WITH SO MUCH OF THE MILITARY BEING STOOD DOWN FOR LACK OF FUNDS, THEY HAVE MONEY FOR THIS BULLSHIT.

FUNNY HOW THE CONTRACT GOT PULLED OVERNIGHT; DID PUBLICISING IT HIT A NERVE SOMETHERE?

JESS1344

You just don't understand shit do you?

GUYS,

IF YOU FIND MY USE OF CAPS OFFENSIVE, DON'T READ MY POSTS.

NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW SOMEONE GETS OFFENDED BY THE HEIGHT AND WIDTH OF SOME MARKS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN.

SO MANY SENSITIVE PEOPLE AROUND HERE.......................

JESS1344

Let me tell you a funny story about bagpipes...

Back in 2009 I was a member of a police transition team training the Fallujah police department in al Anbar, Iraq. At that point in time, our role was mostly as a liaison to the FPD as the previous teams had done a pretty good job training the Iraqi trainers to the point they didn't need anymore help so our nights were spent on base at Camp Baharia rather than in the city. We had a small little compound near the chow hall that consisted of a couple of SWA huts and a large motor pool. Anyway...

Late one dusty, dark night myself and a couple other Marines were hanging out in our COC hut sending emails when we heard what sounded like bagpipes in the background. We listened for a minute and decided, yes, those were fucking bagpipes and it sounded like it was coming from our motor pool. So we slowly made our way to the motor pool to see who blasting it on a boom box or something and we see the silhouette a single man, dressed in full Scottish garb playing a set of bagpipes in the middle of our motorpool. Let me tell you... it may not seem like it, but if you were there... it would have sent chills down your spine like nothing else I have ever experienced. It seemed so unreal that I really would have thought I was going crazy if it weren't for the other guys with me. We just stood there dumbfounded, watching what could have been the spirit of some Scottish casualty during the British occupation and revolution of 1920.

After a couple of minutes the man stopped and walked towards us where we could finally see him in some dim light. It was one of the base firefighter contractors from the compound next door. He was part of some bagpipe precession with his fire department back in the states and had brought his whole getup with him on deployment. He thought it would be funny to come out in the middle of the night and play us a tune... it was hilarious but unbelievably creepy up until that point.

So that's my bagpipe story. Maybe this thread won't be full of complete fail, now. 000.gif

• Like 2

There was a mix up on this article. It's supposed to read... "DHS Buys Crackpipes"

Makes much more sense to me. You'd hafta be a cracksmoker to:

#1. Work for a government alphabet agency ( i.e. DHS) who very much fears the honest and law abiding citizens

#2. Be willing to carry out and obey unconstitutional orders against the constitutional nation in which they also reside in

#3. Be employed by a government that is extremely paranoid of it's constitutional citizenry

#4. Be willfully employed with DHS in a nation of gun owning, constitutionally loving people, many of which are well trained in firearms, are present and former military, advid hunters, and sport shooters.

#5. Be willfully employed by an illegal and unconstitution organization who thinks law abiding citizens are dangerous and be out numbered and out gunned 500,000 to 1

Yea, I'm pretty sure they meant crackpipes, not bagpipes!

Syndicate, I like your new younger Jack Lord avatar!

• Like 2

Two instances in my life have made me appreciate the profound effect a bagpipe can have, instrumental pieces that can cause an emotional transference like that are amazing, and the bagpipes are high on the list of instruments that can do it. Nothing gets the emotions of a funeral goer flowing like a good piper can. My best friend's funeral and my grandmothers, both of those events are brought to memory when I hear the pipes. A profound sense of sadness when certain things are played, and a strong sense of pride when a military tattoo marches with pipes. A good friend of mine is a piper and he says that it's hard to keep a dry eye at times, he's no idea why, being front and center at a funeral, the noise of the pipes reverb as you play. The piper at my grandmothers funeral was born in the Highlands and he didn't know her and I saw him shedding a tear. Only time I've seen my grandfather cry. It is as if bagpipes are an emotional valve that lets a Scotsman mourn. Father's side of the fam are all Scots (mom's side is Jewish, so I guess that makes me a Scotch Hebrew), cept my grandmother, she was born in Waterford, Ireland.

on a lighter note...

What makes a good piper?

If he can squeeze bag, blow pipe, and finger the shaft

thanks patriot, I'm like a Jackson, I started out Asian, then became and angry black guy, and now I'm Jewish, still haven't found a good avatar for that.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Like 2