Saiga 12 SBS

Tromix has a long wait. Basically, they open up their waiting list for one brief moment each year. If you are lucky enough to get on it they will contact you when your number is up to confirm your build. You are probably looking at a year or more out to get the gold standard in Saiga work.

Evlblkwpns is a member here with tons of knowledge and skill. I won't speak for him, but I don't think he takes on outside work.

There are other vendors here that do terrific SBS work. However, I have never seen anything shorter than a 8" build from any of them. That said, 8" is really short and I doubt you would notice two extra inches on a gun like this. In fact, you might welcome it.

There is a NFA section on this forum that has some tacked threads. I would suggest reading these before jumping into anything.

Many people can build you a SBS. Some can do it correctly. Others should be avoided like a plague.

There is a NFA section on this forum that has some tacked threads. I would suggest reading these before jumping into anything. Many people can build you a SBS. Some can do it correctly. Others should be avoided like a plague.

I can't really add to what you said, but that damn avatar of yours wastes more time for me every time I'm on here! I must look like an idiot just dreamily staring at that animation!

• Like 2

I'd do it yourself. There's enough infor here alone to do it. Seems like I've read that you can mod the current gas system for 12" barrel but if you change the gas port location you have to go all the way down to 8". Me I'd do 12" with folding stock. That would close to perfect

I'd do it yourself. There's enough infor here alone to do it. Seems like I've read that you can mod the current gas system for 12" barrel but if you change the gas port location you have to go all the way down to 8". Me I'd do 12" with folding stock. That would close to perfect

I'd go 8".... I really shouldn't be all that much work. New short gas tube or mod the original one and drill new ports. Actually a 8" with Chaos Warthog brake bringing the OAL to 10.3125, that would be a mean shotgun. I think it'd give Evl's a run for its $$!

You really don't need to be a gunsmith for this gun just have really good mechanical skills. Most of the work can be done with basic tools. Not trying to talk you into it though, you have to realy want it to take the DIY route.

Here's some good info to help you understand the technical aspects a little better.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/38318-sbs-technical-info-thread/

Edited by romad7
  • Like 1