NAGR is an obvious scam. They keep flat out lying and using liberal tactics like hindsight bias to attack the NRA.

Doing a quick google search landed an overwhelming amount of information proving that the NAGR doesn't do anything but take people's money by riding the NRA's coat tails while slamming the NRA.

I encourage my fellow gun owners to remain vigilant and spread the word of these trojan horse scams. The only organization that's truly making a difference and has the power to fight anti gunner is the NRA. (Besides, Of course, our local state groups who always work WITH the NRA).

Here is an example:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=NAGR+SCAM&oq=NAGR+SCAM&gs_l=serp.3..0i8i5.1956.2875.1.3389.5.5.0.0.0.0.122.578.0j5.5.0.crnk_ir..0.0...1.1.8.psy-ab.pym0tLxQ9LM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=11279a5a4563ae8e&biw=1280&bih=685

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firearm-politics-2nd-amendment-issues/22194-national-association-gun-rights-scam.html

Like I said, lets nip this one in the bud, Spread the word.

PS- Soon a forum noob will likely appear defending the scam operation. Ignore the troll.

Edited by S12KS-K

I heard an interview with Dudley Brown about a month or so ago and the radio guy asked him several times where the money goes and he avoided the question like a plague. He runs Rocky Mountain Gun Owners and I think either owns or is a higher up in NAGR. RMGO stickers are in most of the gun shops around here and I had asked a few people about them before I joined and got sort of a neutral inpression. Nobody really had much to say about them, either way. So with kind of an odd vibe, I never joined.

Since all I really had to go on was that one interview, I didn't want to start a bashing party as they were at least fighting for our rights at the time during the CO debates. Every e-mail I get from NAGR or petition I sign leads me to the "gimme some money" page. Makes me wonder it any of them are real.

I'm a member or NRA and GOA. Now I know that if I want to contribute, it will be more to one of them instead of giving money to Dudley.

• Like 1

I contributed once, and I will again when I feel I got my money's worth of faxes sent to my politicians. Say a buck a fax-ing?

NRA is a bit tough too, they have so many divisions its ridiculous. I understand what they are doing, but still, I like the idea of one pot to send money to. Right now I am sitting ILA and PVF money requests. I just cannot burn money at the rate they ask for it, though I do what I can. Probably will send them both $25 this week, then stop sending money for a bit.

I'm a member of NRA, GOA and our local one GOAL. I never even heard of NAGR until this thread. Don't think I'll be sending them money, not because of this thread but because if they're that small that I have never heard of them I don't think they'll do that much for me or anyone else. My 2c.gif

They aren't all that bad. Yes, they ask for money like a PBS fund drive, but they do have important information to share. Check out their web site.

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

Now, I am not saying they won't bother you with money requests, but they have a different face, and even if they are jerks, they are our jerks.

Got this from Dudley today. I'll hold my money till I know more about them.

NAGR_email.gif

Dear John,

Earlier today, on the vote to proceed to debate on President Obama’s anti-gun agenda, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid succeeded in overcoming Senator Rand Paul’s filibuster.

And 13 NRA "A Rated" Republicans and 9 "A Rated" Democrats voted to help him do it (Plus 2 more NRA "B Rated" politicians).

I’m going to give you a list of these wolves in sheep’s clothing shortly, but our job now is crystal clear -- let these turncoats know that any gun control that passes now is their fault.

But first it’s absolutely critical you know where this fight is now headed . . .

Unfortunately, the timing of the coming fights is extremely difficult to predict at this point.

So you and I must be on guard every second.

EVERY United States Senator needs to feel even more heat from Second Amendment supporters.

You see, even among the 31 Senators who stood with Rand Paul for the filibuster, there are some who are scared of Harry Reid and the media that they may cave in on some kind of insider deal.

That's why with your help, I’m committed to ramping up all of our most critical programs -- including mail, email, internet, radio and our hard-hitting TV-ad buys that have multiple Senators whining in the press.

As part of these efforts, I’ve crafted a special No Gun Control/No Deals Emergency Fax Petition I’m going to ask you to sign IMMEDIATELY. Whatever you've done before, we need to double-down the pressure RIGHT NOW.

efclick.jpg

And if possible, please forward them to your pro-gun friends and family members, as well.

Right now, the United States Senate could take up for discussion three amendments to S.649 as early as this evening, including:

*** The Feinstein Gun Ban, targeting rifles, shotguns and even handguns;

*** Magazine Bans, outlawing the importation, manufacture and sale of magazines holding more than just a handful of rounds;

*** The so-called “Toomey-Manchin” Universal “Background Check” (NATIONAL GUN REGISTRATION) Bill, which was actually written by Chuck Schumer (D-NY).

The S.649 language itself -- even apart from all of these amendments -- includes ATF Witch Hunt provisions designed to terrorize gun owners.

With Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid now calling the shots after invoking cloture on Senator Paul’s heroic filibuster of the motion to proceed, he holds all of the cards as far as timing.

If a vote becomes imminent, rest assured I will alert you IMMEDIATELY.

efclick.jpg

But there’s one thing I can assure you.

If you and I are going to hold off this madness, we’re going to have to fight back like never before.

It won’t be easy. I believe we can.

But the truth is, all of these assaults could have been turned back this morning.

In fact, if any bad legislation ultimately is passed into law, the blame can be laid at the feet at the following Republican turncoats who voted to end Senator Paul’s filibuster, including:

Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) – NRA A rated

Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) – NRA A rated

Richard Burr (N.C.) – NRA A rated

Saxby Chambliss (Ga.) – NRA A rated

Tom Coburn (Okla.) – NRA A rated

Susan Collins (Maine) – NRA C+ rated

Bob Corker (Tenn.) – NRA A rated

Jeff Flake (Ariz.) – NRA A rated

Lindsey Graham (S.C.) – NRA A rated

Dean Heller (Nev.) – NRA A rated

John Hoeven (N.D.) – NRA A rated

Johnny Isakson (Ga.) – NRA A rated

Mark Kirk (Ill.) – NRA F rated

John McCain (Ariz.) – NRA B+ rated

Pat Toomey (Pa.) – NRA A rated

Roger Wicker (Miss.) – NRA A+ rated

13 of these Senators have NRA “A-ratings.”

John, this is how the game is played in Washington, D.C.

And if you and I are going to retain any semblance of freedom in this country, the LIES politicians and any group that covers for them tell are going to have to be exposed for what they are.

That’s exactly what the National Association for Gun Rights has done during this fight -- and exactly what we will continue to do.

The good news is, this fight is far from over.

If filibustered, each amendment will have to receive 60 votes to pass.

Then the legislation will have to overcome the 60-vote threshold to proceed to final passage through the Senate.

efclick.jpg

Perhaps the greatest danger is an insider-cooked "grand deal" that will include some token pro-gun “sweetener” -- a minor protection or fake step forward on gun rights to make it easier for supposedly “pro-gun” Democrats and weak-kneed Republicans to sell to their constituents -- wrapped around BIG gun control changes.

An example would be a mental health protection for veterans.

Another (bad) idea is a national concealed-carry reciprocity law, handing our federal government control over state concealed-carry laws.

President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder want more say over who can’t buy guns.

And they want more names of those who do, so they can set the stage for what every gun owner fears . . .

Ultimate CONFISCATION.

They’re doing everything they can to lay the groundwork for that tragic day right now.

I need you to stand with me and help fight back.

So please sign your No Gun Control/No Deals Emergency Fax Petition IMMEDIATELY.

efclick.jpg

And if possible, please agree to chip in $10 or $20.

I’m doubling down on all our programs.

Every one.

In the coming hours, I’m preparing to unleash an all-out nationwide email, mail, internet and TV-ad blitz.

The more generous you are, the more I can turn up the heat on the Senate.

So please give as generously as you can today.

Every dollar you can give will make a tremendous difference.

I will keep you updated on any new developments as soon as they take place.

For Freedom,
DWBsigBlue.jpg
Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President

P.S. The timing of the coming fights is extremely difficult to predict at this point, so you and I must be on guard every second.

With your help, I’m committed to ramping up all of our most critical programs -- including mail, email, internet, radio and TV ad buys.

As part of these efforts, I’ve crafted a special No Gun Control/No Deals Emergency Fax Petition I’m going to ask you to sign IMMEDIATELY.

And if possible, please agree to chip in $10 or $20 TODAY.

efclick.jpg

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. Box 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address iswww.NationalGunRights.org

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link:view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

donate_button_default.gif

This message was intended for: big_john@comcast.net
You were added to the system December 12, 2012. For more information
click here.
Update your preferences | Unsubscribe

N-15228509950-E05F99F01C2F60E73C26FD0D43

Damn Nagrs

had to do it

That's what came to mind when I first saw their stupid ad's on FB.

What exactly do these guys contribute? Nothing, while they use the gun issue to line their pockets and criticize both sides of the debate.

I contributed once, and I will again when I feel I got my money's worth of faxes sent to my politicians. Say a buck a fax-ing?

NRA is a bit tough too, they have so many divisions its ridiculous. I understand what they are doing, but still, I like the idea of one pot to send money to. Right now I am sitting ILA and PVF money requests. I just cannot burn money at the rate they ask for it, though I do what I can. Probably will send them both $25 this week, then stop sending money for a bit.

I don't send money, I bought my 3 year membership and will renew when that times comes. NRA-ILA provides daily updates of their lobbying efforts. NAGR doesn't do jack shit. There's a reason the liberals are so po'd about the NRA.

Anyway, I figure the membership, and buying guns in general is doing my part. Buying the guns = supporting the manufacturers who support the lobbying so they can continue to run their business and everyone's happy (except for the negative nancy liberals).

The point of this thread, is that this Dudley guy is constantly slamming and outright LYING about the NRA's actions. I'm getting sick and tired of the counter-intel. He may as well be a liberal because he's working against the biggest lobby group working for us in 'war time' with the libturds.

Looks like these are some scammin' NAGRs, this organization. I mean, come on. How these NAGRs gonna act. Another wolf in a sheep cloak, as far as these NAGRs go. I'll stick with SAF, and GOA. I was a little cautious when this NAGR first came around a few months ago, but now after reading some of the articles about these recent events, I know now that these are some scammin' assed NAGRs!

The point of this thread, is that this Dudley guy is constantly slamming and outright LYING about the NRA's actions.

That's because he's trying to get some of that donation money that's going to the NRA.

I send his emails automatically to the trash.