• 2 weeks later...
That sux now they changed it . That was a link for winchester 37 grain hp 500rounds for 33.00 guess I better call make sure it wasnt a F up

1 of 21-4246 Winchester Rimfire Ammunition .22LR 37GR HP / 500 @ $32.99 eachIn stock-Approx delivery Mon 4/22 Theres part my email confirmation I jus received doesn't make sence y the link changed

Do you consider $32.99 for a 500 round, bulk box of Winchester .22LR a good deal?

That sux now they changed it . That was a link for winchester 37 grain hp 500rounds for 33.00 guess I better call make sure it wasnt a F up

1 of 21-4246 Winchester Rimfire Ammunition .22LR 37GR HP / 500 @ $32.99 eachIn stock-Approx delivery Mon 4/22 Theres part my email confirmation I jus received doesn't make sence y the link changed

Do you consider $32.99 for a 500 round, bulk box of Winchester .22LR a good deal?

I second that it's still $22 at wally world for me, just have to get up early

No its not the best deal but these days gotta get what you can but the 2100 hundred rounds I got the same day from there for 100 bucks was a great deal and came with ammo can so that made up for the few extra bucks on the other.

^---------- Good luck with that. I've had a few thousand rounds of .22lr on order from Cabelas since Dec. Every month I get an email that they expect it to arrive next month, then next month etc......I dunno bout that but I got that and 2100 rounds same day and received it within 5 days so im happy and my lady got the same

No its not the best deal but these days gotta get what you can but the 2100 hundred rounds I got the same day from there for 100 bucks was a great deal and came with ammo can so that made up for the few extra bucks on the other.^---------- Good luck with that. I've had a few thousand rounds of .22lr on order from Cabelas since Dec. Every month I get an email that they expect it to arrive next month, then next month etc......I dunno bout that but I got that and 2100 rounds same day and received it within 5 days so im happy and my lady got the same

Nonot really but the 2100 wit ammo can for 100bucks I got with it more than made up for the difference

it was still there at 6am I just said fuck this and drove to walmart. Didn't get any .22lr today, but got 10 boxes of x39 (manager knows I'm one of the only buyers lol) 3 .223 at one wally, and 3 at another, a box of 100 9mm. Didn't need the 9mm bad, but the fucker got the brassmax .223 I wanted and his wife was behind me and it was the last box of 9mm I knew they wanted it. (he had no interest in the .223 till changing his mind at the last minute when this asshole in front of the line pointed it out).

All in all good score, going back for more .223/x39 later deuces

• Like 1

At our local Academy Sports, you run into the same people from time to time. Some of the guys will ask you to pick up a caliber for them, and in return they will pick up your caliber.

Using this method, last week I was able to get three 535 boxes of 22 HV . The guy in front of me was able to get another box of 45, and the guy behind was able to get more 556.

Win for all three of us.

• Like 1

Nothing like the buddy system. I have gotten to know some of the "regulars" at the local walmart. We seem to meet 2 or 3 times a week at 7 in the morning. We've started asking about each other's families and how they are doing. Weird.

Nothing like the buddy system. I have gotten to know some of the "regulars" at the local walmart. We seem to meet 2 or 3 times a week at 7 in the morning. We've started asking about each other's families and how they are doing. Weird.
It's a Texas thing.
Are all Walmarts on the same type of truck schedule?

No, smaller WalMarts will get 3 times a week, sometimes 4 times.

Larger WalMarts do usually everyday unless there is some type of delivery issue.

From what I've seen some Wally World's put it out right away at night (none close to me do this, but some farther ones do) and some put it out around 7-7:15AM (most of the ones close to me do this). Unfortunately the regulars group is larger and larger lately and the douche baggery going on in increasing also.

Unfortunately the regulars group is larger and larger lately and the douche baggery going on in increasing also.

I find that kind of surprising... We've ALL been weathering this storm for 6 months now. We ALL know it can't rain all the time. I would think by now most of the douche crap would be over.

Personally, I've decided I'm not buying any more ammo until, 1 - prices come within 10% of what they should be, or 2 - There is clear evidence that supply is never going to catch up with demand (another year or so of this same market).

I would think that eventually, no matter the cost of ammunition, everybody runs out of spare cash at some point. The bottom has just got to fall out of this sooner or later.

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 2

It's a Texas thing.

Yessir, I agree.

Unfortunately the regulars group is larger and larger lately and the douche baggery going on in increasing also.

I find that kind of surprising... We've ALL been weathering this storm for 6 months now. We ALL know it can't rain all the time. I would think by now most of the douche crap would be over.

Personally, I've decided I'm not buying any more ammo until, 1 - prices come within 10% of what they should be, or 2 - There is clear evidence that supply is never going to catch up with demand (another year or so of this same market).

I would think that eventually, no matter the cost of ammunition, everybody runs out of spare cash at some point. The bottom has just got to fall out of this sooner or later.

I agree, and I think "the bottom" will drop out over the summer. Supposedly, more Saiga's are coming Juneish, Russian plants working 24-7, and so on. The AR market is already getting back to pre-panic prices and availability, though some things are still spotty. The AK market can't be far behind. As for 22lr ammo, well, I just have no words for that.

Edited by Semper299

I just briefly talked to a guy I've done quite a bit of business with in South Carolina. He has 3250 round cans of 22LR for $350. I've done better on price, but for those in need it's a lot of rounds in one stop shopping so I thought I'd pass it on. He was busy so I didn't get the details on what ammo it is so...

His name is Chan (no he's not running a chinese restaurant, he's a country boy) and his number is 803-536-1711

• Like 2
I just briefly talked to a guy I've done quite a bit of business with in South Carolina. He has 3250 round cans of 22LR for $350. I've done better on price, but for those in need it's a lot of rounds in one stop shopping so I thought I'd pass it on. He was busy so I didn't get the details on what ammo it is so...

His name is Chan (no he's not running a chinese restaurant, he's a country boy) and his number is 803-536-1711

Its Federal 36g HP...not a great price but I'm tired of looking and telling my son we can't go shoot. Great folks and easy to deal with.

Big thanks to Big John!

• Like 1

I was at Cabelas today to grab some 6.8 SPC ammo and a box or two of 9mm, when I went to the pistol ammo section I actually had to ask if they moved it because all I seen was 327 Fed Mag and 460 mag...