AK74 FSB on a Saiga .308?

I have heard of a few post where people have removed their orignal front sight block and turned down the barrel to fit an AK74 fsb. I was wondering has anyone done this, if so what advise would you give and are there any better options?

I'm not sure why you would do this. Do you mean to fit one of the FSBs with the integral 24mm threads? If you've got the capability to turn the barrel down, you've probably got the capability to thread the barrel itself with true to bore threads. That would be way better than using one of the FSBs with the 24mm threads.

I'm not sure why you would do this. Do you mean to fit one of the FSBs with the integral 24mm threads? If you've got the capability to turn the barrel down, you've probably got the capability to thread the barrel itself with true to bore threads. That would be way better than using one of the FSBs with the 24mm threads.

The 74 FSB has a bayo lug.

Most have used Dinzags cutting tools to turn the barrel to fit the 74 FSB.

Those look like an easy way to fuck up your barrel if you are not extremely careful.

The 74 FSB has a bayo lug.

I can't say much to that, considering the trouble I've gone to to restore the bayonet lug to my PSL, which was cut off by the orangutans who demilled the kits.

So what's your goal? A ak74 look alike? Have a bayonet lug? Or just so you can have a threaded barrel?

If it was me and you can turn it down I'd just thread it then, if you want a bayonet lug id turn it down an use what you asking about. Of course if you can turn the barrel down you can use an ak74 sight. Would be cool.