Show your duracoated saiga 12s

Almost done!!!

That looks badass!! I like how your eotech hood matches too. I noticed your stock on there as the fab defense one. I almost bought one for my Saiga. I didn't because a reputable s12 builder in my area said since its designed to absorb some of the recoil, it would cause cycling issues in an S12 so I got a tromix stock instead. Have you had any issues with yours cycling?

BTW I cerakoted my saiga, and It doesn't seem to be any better than duracoat as far as durability goes. It still scratches and wears off. Its not the miracle innovation its made out to be.

^^^How do you change mags with your VFG that far aft? I had to move mine more forward than I want because of the interference, so if you solved that I would be curious as to how.

Krebs offset vfg mount

I know the guys at the shop pretty well so i got this done for 150$. still not done yet

Could I ship my gun and get the same deal? lol

and Bomb, that is TOP sir!

Edited by Syndicate

^^^How do you change mags with your VFG that far aft? I had to move mine more forward than I want because of the interference, so if you solved that I would be curious as to how.

Krebs offset vfg mount

and Bomb, that is TOP sir!

Exactly, The Krebs offsets the VFG to the side and at a slight angle. It looks odd, But it works with my gun, even the charging handle is at a odd angle. There's reasons for all of it though, and it works. Reloads are easier on that gun than my other 2 saiga 12s.(doesn't work with drums however)

And, thank you sir.

Almost done!!!

That looks badass!! I like how your eotech hood matches too. I noticed your stock on there as the fab defense one. I almost bought one for my Saiga. I didn't because a reputable s12 builder in my area said since its designed to absorb some of the recoil, it would cause cycling issues in an S12 so I got a tromix stock instead. Have you had any issues with yours cycling?

BTW I cerakoted my saiga, and It doesn't seem to be any better than duracoat as far as durability goes. It still scratches and wears off. Its not the miracle innovation its made out to be.

If you're having scratching or wear issues, it could be an application error. Was it the bake on version, or air dry? If bake on, were all the metal parts pre-heated before application? Or are the wear issues on parts that couldn't be baked?

If you're having scratching or wear issues, it could be an application error. Was it the bake on version, or air dry? If bake on, were all the metal parts pre-heated before application? Or are the wear issues on parts that couldn't be baked?

Im going to talk with the guys to see how they did this so i can avoid future issues. I do know you have to be generous when applying the duracoat though.

As for the White Knight yes you can. https://www.facebook.com/snipercompanyllc?fref=ts

ask for travis or mike. Tell them you were on the saiga forums and saw my saiga and that Jay Referred you and you want to get your stuff sent over to get duracoated.

They do tons of other stuff too. Just ask

Edited by rayne2ravage

Almost done!!!

Its the bake on, and yes it was marinated in acetone and preheated and everything. I'm just saying its not invincible. I'm not having severe issues, but it has sustained a couple scratches over time. It is also white and took a few layers to get it to actually look white since its translucent, which could possibly cause weakness (unlike the black and other colors that only took one layer)

Edited by Turbo.M777

The guys at Sniper Co. here in Fort Wayne are handling the duracoat. Since Pauly is going to be polishing the internals I'll probably just not duracoat the BCG and the rest of them since they will have that nice glassbolt shine and what not.

How do you guys feel about Duracoating vs Dipping vs cerakoting then?

I hear with cerkote your options are very limited.

What do you mean by limited?

NorinconPoly.jpg

Both of these rifles are Cerakoted... Not just externally either. The complete reciever, in and out, op rod, Bolt (masked off the bolt face and roller only) & carrier, even the gas system were all Cerakoted. Look in the Op-rod channel on the top rifle, that was after over 500 rounds sent down range with that rifle.... looks new! No marring or wearing.

Here is the gas system for an M14 done... the internals are left alone, but I even do the back end of the piston rod to protect wear there..

frtweld.jpg

It is self lubricating, and I'll be doing my S12 including internals, rails and BCG with it as well when I'm done with my build. I have also done many R-10/22's including the bolts and internals on the recievers. It's very durable and you almost don't even need to lube the gun when it's there.

I'm just wondering what you feel the limitations are??

I just realized there was two rifles in that picture lmao. nice

The guys at Sniper Co. here in Fort Wayne are handling the duracoat. Since Pauly is going to be polishing the internals I'll probably just not duracoat the BCG and the rest of them since they will have that nice glassbolt shine and what not.

What do you mean by limited?

NorinconPoly.jpg

Both of these rifles are Cerakoted... Not just externally either. The complete reciever, in and out, op rod, Bolt (masked off the bolt face and roller only) & carrier, even the gas system were all Cerakoted. Look in the Op-rod channel on the top rifle, that was after over 500 rounds sent down range with that rifle.... looks new! No marring or wearing.

Here is the gas system for an M14 done... the internals are left alone, but I even do the back end of the piston rod to protect wear there..

frtweld.jpg

It is self lubricating, and I'll be doing my S12 including internals, rails and BCG with it as well when I'm done with my build. I have also done many R-10/22's including the bolts and internals on the recievers. It's very durable and you almost don't even need to lube the gun when it's there.

I'm just wondering what you feel the limitations are??

I just realized there was two rifles in that picture lmao. nice

Thanks, I have to be careful not to set them down in the yard... NorincoGrass.jpg

Might lose them... Lol

• 3 months later...

Cerakote used to be limited in color selection compared to duracoat but not anymore. As far as durability goes cerakote hands down. There isn't a solvent made that will touch cerakote after it is cured. Cerakote is also slick. Internals even without lube will feel slick, with a light coating of oil or grease it's whale snot slick. For the do-it-yourself guys duracoat is much more user friendly. No baking needed. Cerakote has to be cured for a minimum of 2 hours at 250. Carakote makes an air dry high temp product but it's durability is not as good as the type c oven bake.