922r. vs factory 10rnd w/coupler

This may be a dumb question but would rather ask then set myself up for failure.....

If I were to couple 2 Factory 10 rounders would it then double the "imported parts" seeing how 2 magazine bodies and followers are technically on the gun? Or does it still count as 2 impoted part since only 1 mag is technically installed at a time?

Also, mag extensions that use the factory 5 rounder....... Im guessing this body is still considered "imported" since the whole body is not US made......

Digging too deep into it???

Right..... I didn't know if "factory" 10rounders were considered foreign and if I added 5 US parts and brought the number of foreign down to 9, would I then bring the foreign count back up by 4 if I added two factory 10 rounders on that were coupled......

Right..... I didn't know if "factory" 10rounders were considered foreign and if I added 5 US parts and brought the number of foreign down to 9, would I then bring the foreign count back up by 4 if I added two factory 10 rounders on that were coupled......

I see what you mean. When coupled, will the foreign parts of the second magazine count against the max 10 parts allowed (body + floor plate + follower)?

I would think the answer is "no" but since we are dealing with the BATF and an already stupid law, I really don't know.

Bill

That's what I would think too, there is no way to use it all at the same time..... so I would think each mag parts would count seperately.

What are your thoughts about the mag extensions that use factory(imported) 5 rounders with a US made extension?

That's what I would think too, there is no way to use it all at the same time..... so I would think each mag parts would count seperately.

What are your thoughts about the mag extensions that use factory(imported) 5 rounders with a US made extension?

JMHO, you are still using a foreign made magazine body (along with a USA made extension) so no change in the foreign made part count. But you will be using the USA made mag base plate so that is -1 foreign part.

I've been watching for replacement followers (USA or foreign made) and so far have not been able to locate one. I'm putting together a couple of Firebird Precision's 15 round magazine conversions. Part of the change includes modifying the follower. Not tough if you take your time but I was concerned I would take one too far and be in need of a new follower.

Bill

I'm going to get my cousin to invite me to the ATF/FBI/DHS training range for the open day when she's back for training and duct tape a bunch of spare parts to my gun and see what happens. and mag couple all factory mags. Surely if there is an issue we'll find out?

I'm going to get my cousin to invite me to the ATF/FBI/DHS training range for the open day when she's back for training and duct tape a bunch of spare parts to my gun and see what happens. and mag couple all factory mags. Surely if there is an issue we'll find out?

Be sure to have someone let us know your forwarding address in case you need some smokes for trading and vaseline for all the new friends you'll make.

JMHO, you are still using a foreign made magazine body (along with a USA made extension) so no change in the foreign made part count. But you will be using the USA made mag base plate so that is -1 foreign part.

I've been watching for replacement followers (USA or foreign made) and so far have not been able to locate one. I'm putting together a couple of Firebird Precision's 15 round magazine conversions. Part of the change includes modifying the follower. Not tough if you take your time but I was concerned I would take one too far and be in need of a new follower.

Bill

A friend of mine makes lots of CNC parts in delrin and PTFE,,I have him working on a new USA made follower.

I have no idea when it may come about, but it is being looked at.

jim