external thread?

post a pic of yours, I'm not seeing anything, tried wording it several ways. There are such a thing as externally threaded muzzle breaks

these are how I see chokes in the states. I get what you are saying, but ya not heard of such a thing before

https://www.google.com/search?q=externally+threaded+choke&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.eWU&biw=1433&bih=704&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-e1pUazGF4Ou8ASk8YBA#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=external+thread+shotgun+choke&oq=external+thread+shotgun+choke&gs_l=img.3...12922.16369.2.16609.6.6.0.0.0.0.32.173.6.6.0...0.0...1c.1.9.img.OhE08_H1Dvo&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.eWU&fp=69e40ef68bd98096&biw=1433&bih=704

the barrel is threaded on the inside, the chokes threads are on the outside

post a pic of yours, I'm not seeing anything, tried wording it several ways. There are such a thing as externally threaded muzzle breaks

these are how I see chokes in the states. I get what you are saying, but ya not heard of such a thing before

https://www.google.com/search?q=externally+threaded+choke&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.eWU&biw=1433&bih=704&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-e1pUazGF4Ou8ASk8YBA#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=external+thread+shotgun+choke&oq=external+thread+shotgun+choke&gs_l=img.3...12922.16369.2.16609.6.6.0.0.0.0.32.173.6.6.0...0.0...1c.1.9.img.OhE08_H1Dvo&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.eWU&fp=69e40ef68bd98096&biw=1433&bih=704

the barrel is threaded on the inside, the chokes threads are on the outside

i think u missunderstood me. there is an external thread on the front end of the barrel like for example you have with an ar15. there is no internal thread in the barrel. so what i need is an external choke and for that i would need to know which thread it is in order to get the correct choke

External chokes like saigas have? Maybe see if they are threaded alike

yes like saigas but the saiga one is a different thread so does not work

Sounds like the European version of the shotgun (per rumors, I've never seen a picture of one).

Have you contacted RAAC or checked the internet for any European parts suppliers? If chokes are not available, maybe (just maybe) RAAC will exchange barrels.

Also, where did you get this? Just curious.

Bill

yes like saigas but the saiga one is a different thread so does not work

Sounds like the European version of the shotgun (per rumors, I've never seen a picture of one).

Have you contacted RAAC or checked the internet for any European parts suppliers? If chokes are not available, maybe (just maybe) RAAC will exchange barrels.

Also, where did you get this? Just curious.

Bill

I am on the other side of the pond :) and we have only this model here at least i have never seen one with internal thread here in europe. bad thing is that no one seems to know what thread it is not even the importer. it comes with a muzzle break and a choke but the choke is like close to 5 inch and i dont want it to get that long

I would send the barrel to someone, have the external part hacked and then rethread for internal chokes if it was me.

Fritz is "on the other side of the pond". Cutting and re-threading the barrel might be a good idea as long as it does not make the barrel too short for his local laws & regulations. Depending on his location, he might have a good chance at purchasing a stock barrel with internal choke threads.

Bill

I would send the barrel to someone, have the external part hacked and then rethread for internal chokes if it was me.

Fritz is "on the other side of the pond". Cutting and re-threading the barrel might be a good idea as long as it does not make the barrel too short for his local laws & regulations. Depending on his location, he might have a good chance at purchasing a stock barrel with internal choke threads.

Bill

it would get too short yes barrel has to be 45cm at least but I guess it would be easier to take a Saiga choke and rethread it. on the ohter hand i am sure there are correct chokes out there just need to know which thread

I don't know if you are a member on here, but they have lots of people from Europe http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159702

that shows standard chokes on a Swedish gun and I've seen plenty with them, so asking if they replaced barrels or how many have external and where to get chokes might be a good idea. (sorry to link offsight mods, just more international on brianenos)

This is why I was confused when you first posted it, I haven't been on lately on enos, but remember seeing Euro MKAs and have the internal chokes. Could be a country specific thing? Or maybe XN model for Euro?

tried searching about a zillion ways to see if I could find them for you man, not many results at all

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1622&bih=652&q=european+mka-1919+external+choke&oq=european+mka-1919+external+choke&gs_l=serp.3..33i21.37999.38548.0.38690.5.5.0.0.0.0.123.410.3j2.5.0...0.0...1c.1.9.serp.3WvNjCQXibs

I don't know if you are a member on here, but they have lots of people from Europe http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159702

that shows standard chokes on a Swedish gun and I've seen plenty with them, so asking if they replaced barrels or how many have external and where to get chokes might be a good idea. (sorry to link offsight mods, just more international on brianenos)

This is why I was confused when you first posted it, I haven't been on lately on enos, but remember seeing Euro MKAs and have the internal chokes. Could be a country specific thing? Or maybe XN model for Euro?

tried searching about a zillion ways to see if I could find them for you man, not many results at all

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1622&bih=652&q=european+mka-1919+external+choke&oq=european+mka-1919+external+choke&gs_l=serp.3..33i21.37999.38548.0.38690.5.5.0.0.0.0.123.410.3j2.5.0...0.0...1c.1.9.serp.3WvNjCQXibs

u are right i contacted a friend in sweden and he has an internal one too. here in austria and around austria all have external ones. no idea why. i guess i will have to go somewhere where they can measure the thread and then try to find a choke that works and if not buy a saiga one and have it rethraeded

u are right i contacted a friend in sweden and he has an internal one too. here in austria and around austria all have external ones. no idea why. i guess i will have to go somewhere where they can measure the thread and then try to find a choke that works and if not buy a saiga one and have it rethraeded

So far I don't think we can get replacement barrels for the MKA1919 here in the states. Is the situation the same in Austria and Sweden?

Bill

Is there no cameras where you live also ? Still no pics

what do you want to see? its the same gun like in the states just with an outside thread at the end of the muzzle and not an internal one

So far I don't think we can get replacement barrels for the MKA1919 here in the states. Is the situation the same in Austria and Sweden?

Bill

not sure have never asked for one yet but I guess it should not be a problem as they are coming out of Turkey. Might take ages tho I guess.