My Russian family photo :)

They are functional according to his previous posts only they are single shot and straight pull back action to cycle each round. ETA, magazine fed of course.

Edited by MT Predator
They are functional according to his previous posts only they are single shot and straight pull back action to cycle each round. ETA, magazine fed of course.

Interesting. I didn't know that rifles with such short barrels were lawful in the UK. I know the required barrel length on shotguns is fairly long - I figured rifles would be somewhat similar.

The 104,AKM and the Dragunov are all live fire

(7.62x39 and 54r respectively).....the 74u is deactivated as it would be too short to be legal in the UK and 5.45 ammo is nearly impossible to get over here but i thought i would add a pic of it anyway :)

post-44524-0-64436900-1365931135_thumb.jpg

With the stock folded in the 104 is about as short as you can go and still be UK legal,the flash hider is permanently attached.I went with the Khyber Pass look on this one and paracorded the stock :)

Edited by UKAK

It breaks my heart that these awesome weapons are so neutered so you can have them. I'm glad you enjoy them but damn that sucks.

Did you have to have your gone inspected and suck to be able to legally own them? And can you get s permit to carry a pistol any way?

It breaks my heart that these awesome weapons are so neutered so you can have them. I'm glad you enjoy them but damn that sucks.

Did you have to have your gone inspected and suck to be able to legally own them? And can you get s permit to carry a pistol any way?

All that's done to make them straight pull is the gas port in the barrel isn't drilled and a gas piston isn't fitted,though the carrier is threaded etc.....not exactly rocket science if the shtf ever ;)

No pistols in the UK except long-barreled (barrel length of 300mm and overall length of 600mm) and blackpowder.Semi auto pistols can be owned but again have to be 600mm long and .22lr only.The extra length is achieved by having a rear facing extension off the pistol grip.

I would rather have a couple of straight pull AKs and the Dragunov than not have them at all,and one thing that does make up for it a bit is the fact they can be 100% Russian as we don't need compliance parts and have no mag capacity restrictions.The weird thing is we can have semi auto Saiga and Vepr shotguns already fitted with AK pistol grips,handguards and folding stocks etc with hi-cap mags yet we can't own a semi auto rifle!!!....

Edited by UKAK

Very nice. Do you notice any kind of accuracy increase being they are single shot/straight pull. Not sure if you have shot semi auto AK's before to compare. Thought I would ask though. Excellent collection regardless!

So can you have higher capacity shotgun mags?

On Section 1 semi auto shotguns we can have high capacity mags including drums.Section 1 means it's classed as a firearm as opposed to a normal shotgun (ie a traditional side by side) on a standard shotgun certificate.A shotgun certificate is easier to obtain than a section 1 firearms certificate.A section 5 certificate can be applied for, this covers semi and full auto,but approval has to be given by the governments Home Secretary and would not be granted without special reason such as weapons testing or arms dealing etc.The chances of the average guy getting a section 5 certificate is virtually nil!.

Here in the us there are some people calling for semiautos to be regulated just like full autos. It's not going to happen in the next few years but that's what they would like. However here in the states depending on the state you live in you can own full autos pretty easy it just takes months to wait on approval from the Feds. We also must do the same crap for a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16" or 18" for a shotgun, also silencers and pen guns and a few other weapons fall under this. Hell we can own greande launchers and artillery if you'd like. Only thing is each live granade is a 200 dollar tax and same wait as the weapons.

I really enjoy talking about different international gun laws. I think I'll start a thread on it.

• Like 1

All that's done to make them straight pull is the gas port in the barrel isn't drilled and a gas piston isn't fitted,though the carrier is threaded etc.....not exactly rocket science if the shtf ever wink.png

No pistols in the UK except long-barreled (barrel length of 300mm and overall length of 600mm) and blackpowder.Semi auto pistols can be owned but again have to be 600mm long and .22lr only.The extra length is achieved by having a rear facing extension off the pistol grip.

I would rather have a couple of straight pull AKs and the Dragunov than not have them at all,and one thing that does make up for it a bit is the fact they can be 100% Russian as we don't need compliance parts and have no mag capacity restrictions.The weird thing is we can have semi auto Saiga and Vepr shotguns already fitted with AK pistol grips,handguards and folding stocks etc with hi-cap mags yet we can't own a semi auto rifle!!!....

That what i thought when i saw your guns,would take me a minute to make them right :) Great Russian girls man

Here in the us there are some people calling for semiautos to be regulated just like full autos. It's not going to happen in the next few years but that's what they would like. However here in the states depending on the state you live in you can own full autos pretty easy it just takes months to wait on approval from the Feds. We also must do the same crap for a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16" or 18" for a shotgun, also silencers and pen guns and a few other weapons fall under this. Hell we can own greande launchers and artillery if you'd like. Only thing is each live granade is a 200 dollar tax and same wait as the weapons.

I really enjoy talking about different international gun laws. I think I'll start a thread on it.

Technically grenades are classed as DDs and in theory, would transfer on a Form 4 or could be manufactured on a Form 1 - but they would be illegal to possess and your form would not be approved unless you already had the appropriate explosives license.

Beautiful collection. It does suck that they're neutered, but better to have them, than not.
Thank you :)

The way I look at it is they are still more fun to shoot than a bolt action .22

Here's a pic of the 104 I took at the range yesterday with the original furniture fitted

post-44524-0-35887000-1366475648_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Can your queen and princes have real weapons. I bet they do and just the serfs get display pieces.

Not getting the serf/display piece thing?!

He is referencing the fact that you reside within a constitutional monarchy, wherein the Queen and Her Men are granted licence to do as they please and own what they will, whilst the peasantry must wade through an ocean of red tape to lawfully purchase a pale imitation of the weaponry of the nobility.  Or something like that.

I very much doubt that the Queen sleeps with an AKS-74U beneath her pillow - but I've been wrong before.

Can your queen and princes have real weapons. I bet they do and just the serfs get display pieces.

He is referencing the fact that you reside within a constitutional monarchy, wherein the Queen and Her Men are granted licence to do as they please and own what they will, whilst the peasantry must wade through an ocean of red tape to lawfully purchase a pale imitation of the weaponry of the nobility.  Or something like that.I very much doubt that the Queen sleeps with an AKS-74U beneath her pillow - but I've been wrong before.

I thought everyone knows she has a Sten and a SMLE under the bed! ;)

• Like 2

He is referencing the fact that you reside within a constitutional monarchy, wherein the Queen and Her Men are granted licence to do as they please and own what they will, whilst the peasantry must wade through an ocean of red tape to lawfully purchase a pale imitation of the weaponry of the nobility.  Or something like that.I very much doubt that the Queen sleeps with an AKS-74U beneath her pillow - but I've been wrong before.

I thought everyone knows she has a Sten and a SMLE under the bed! wink.png

...and I'll bet she received them when they were first issued. 1940 and 1895, respectively. :D

• Like 1

Beautiful collection. It does suck that they're neutered, but better to have them, than not.
Thank you smile.png

The way I look at it is they are still more fun to shoot than a bolt action .22

Here's a pic of the 104 I took at the range yesterday with the original furniture fitted

attachicon.gifIMG_20130420_173152.jpg

Nice, is this PK-A Venezuela RD?, I have PK-01V on my 74s, PKs one of the best Russian RD on the  market IMO

IMG_1636_zps60c5822f.jpg

IMG_0003_zpsfcccb2df.jpg

What are the AK and Dragunov mag prices in UK?

Edited by atakacorp

atakacorp............its a Belomo PK-A not the Venezuela version.

Over here i can get a pair of Izhmash or Tula Bakelites for around £30 (GBP) and steel 30r mags work out at around £10 each.Milsurp mags are easy to get, aftermarket polymer ones not so.Dragunov mags are rare here, some places charge nearly £100 for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad you can still own guns better than .22.

Any movement to reverse the bad laws?

In the US, we are resisting, the best we can, without starting a war.

They are trying everything they can to take away our firearms, under the current "Democrat" Govt.

Their problem is 200+ years of "individualism" and a "self-reliance" mentality, in most of the population.

It's probably an age-old debate, between the government and those that do not want to become "subjects" of the government but, still respect order.

In America the Government is supposed to be us but.... There are two classes being formed. Them and us.

You have some beautiful guns, non the less.

Edited by Sim_Player

Thank you SIM_player, there is now a 1939 Izhevsk 91/30 added to the family :)

With regard to reversing the laws there is an online petition on the go to get the ban on semiauto rifles and handguns repealed.If the petition reaches 100k (iirc) then parliament have to debate it in the House Of Commons but I don't think they will be repealed especially when the US goverment are looking at tighter gun control.

Yes, your rifles could be easily modified, if SHTF.

Yours are still very formidable weapons in their current state.

How does current British Law view "self-defense", in general?

As bad as the US Media makes it sound, gun violence is extremely rare, over here, in most of the country.

The cities have the worst gun violence, crime, and poverty. They also have the lowest unemployment rates, higher number of social-welfare recipients, and strictest gun laws for law-abiding people. The criminals caught using guns seldom go to prison, especially minors.

Edited by Sim_Player

British law says self defense must be proportionate, self defense cannot be used as a valid reason to possess firearms.Gun crime is pretty rare over here but knife crime is quite high, especially amongst teenage gangs in the cities.