mka 1919 lower replacement?

my mka lower receiver just broke ware the buttstock adapter plate mounts, the top half snaped off not sure if its safe to shoot dose any one know ware to get a new lower for an mka 1919 its like trying to find a neddle in a haystack post-47457-0-91338400-1365959417_thumb.jpg

havent seen anything on line saying there selling them yet any idea on a price

Current price for the TAC-12 aluminum lower is $375 + $20 for shipping and insurance. Unless you already have the 922 compliant fire control group, you will want to order that too for $150 (trigger, hammer, disconnector, safety). You will need the bolt hold back latch from your polymer lower to complete the transformation.

There will be a wait, but it sounds like they are expecting a bunch ready to deliver between now and mid-May.

Call or e-mail Nanci at Firebird Precision. That's what I did.

Bill

(last second addition - Some who are getting the new TAC-12 lowers may be willing to sell their polymer lowers. Since it is not the serialized part (i.e. not a gun, just a part), no FFL transfer of this part is required and you get it through regular mail, Fed-Ex or UPS.)

Edited by Flatland Shooter
my mka lower receiver just broke ware the buttstock adapter plate mounts, the top half snaped off not sure if its safe to shoot

Just out of curiosity, any idea how many rounds have been fired and were they hot loads?

Also,is this an "XN" model or possibly an early serial number gun?

Thanks.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

i got the trigger, disconnecter and gas piston for it and as i understood it the firebird handguard worked as a 922r complient part, so i think im sitting on the happy median of being on the ok side of things, thanks for the info on the firebird lower i will try nanci i just got the gun running at about 95persent so this was a little depressing so i will just transfer everthing from the old lower to the new one if i can get one from firebird.

I had hoped to avoid this conversation, But as we have been flooded with calls about this problem i guess I had better share some knowledge.

First, After doing stress analysis on the structure of the poly lower, we found .900 is as short as you dare cut it for a buttstock.

And that is pushing it.

Second, the adapter you used has a fixed hole and counterbore for the screw, this does not allow for the error in placement of the screw hole in the upper.

That hole can vary several hundred thousandths in any direction.

When you bolt that adapter to an upper that does not align properly, it breaks the lower receiver EVERY TIME.

The error in hole placement in the upper has been present from the beginning, but seems to have been greater and more common in the last batch of XN guns.

We have replaced lots of lowers for people who have had this exact thing happen, and for people that cut lowers way too short.

The Firebird adapters have had a slot to accommodate this error from the start, but I also had to increase that slot's overall length in the newest design to make absolutely sure this could never happen as a result of using one of our parts.

When we started building the Tac-12 , extra lowers became available, and we do sell them, but we only have a few left from the first production run.

Another 50 of so will be available from the next run of Tac-12s

Jim

• Like 2
my mka lower receiver just broke ware the buttstock adapter plate mounts, the top half snaped off not sure if its safe to shoot dose any one know ware to get a new lower for an mka 1919 its like trying to find a neddle in a haystack attachicon.gif0414131001.jpg

Who makes that adaptor?

RK

I'm not sure who makes it, but I can tell you it's not a Firebird adapter. But I suppose that's probably evident from what Jim said in an earlier post.

When I installed my buttstock adapter, I had talked to Jim about the issue above and made sure to account for any of the stresses when I got it. I do know that eventually my lower at the same spot is going to fail in that fashion. It's inevitable unfortunately. That's why when I found out about the alum lowers a ways back, I had planned on getting one.

im not going to name the company for whos adapter it was because i dont want to give anyone a bad rap but i was having problems with the screw holes lineing up for a perfect fit so thanks for the info i never thought about the small amount of error causing a problem like this and cut it to the specs that were recomonded but is was the slights bit off so now i need to fix the problem i caused thanks for the info gentlemanjim

thanks for the offer ToysRUs but ill try my luck getting a aluminum lower if something changes ill try getting a hold of you.

the other idea i have is cutting the the broken pices horizontle so the both match up and then stuffing pudy into the broken part so i have a templit and have a peace machined and tacked to the buttstock adapter so the lower can still be used

It would be hell ugly, but if you have the old plastic, drill some tiny holes on each side fill with plastic weld, clean the areas on the break first of course, and then lightly "paint the cracks on the outside, let sit.

This is a super temp solution, but I've done some crazy things with a little ingenuity and a $6 tube of plastic weld to get through until a replacement could be had.

It would be hell ugly, but if you have the old plastic, drill some tiny holes on each side fill with plastic weld, clean the areas on the break first of course, and then lightly "paint the cracks on the outside, let sit.

This is a super temp solution, but I've done some crazy things with a little ingenuity and a $6 tube of plastic weld to get through until a replacement could be had.

I was thinking the same thing but with either JB Weld or PVC primer and cement. But first they would need to modify the stock adapter so it no longer causes the stress point.

Bill

It's really not worth the trouble to try to fix it, all of our recycled lowers are completely machined for our buttstock adapter, pistol grip adapter, and our ramp assembly. We have been selling these replacement lowers for the cost of the ramp which is $150. You could use anyone's pistol grip adapter, but I would suggest you purchase and use our buttstock adapter.

just out of curiosity what is the cost of the recycled lower with the adaptor?

I charge the cost for a ramp install $150.00 plus $49.00 for the adapter The lower itself and the rest of the machine work is free.

The lower is stripped and will have no bolt latch or mag catch, but will have the new ramp installed

Jim

im not going to name the company for whos adapter it was because i dont want to give anyone a bad rap but i was having problems with the screw holes lineing up for a perfect fit so thanks for the info i never thought about the small amount of error causing a problem like this and cut it to the specs that were recomonded but is was the slights bit off so now i need to fix the problem i caused thanks for the info gentlemanjim

thanks for the offer ToysRUs but ill try my luck getting a aluminum lower if something changes ill try getting a hold of you.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with your "small amount of error" as you said. We got these this week for replacement, and customers cut these anywhere from 1.25 to .600. They're all broken the same way yours is broke.

post-46028-0-63494900-1366035662_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis
  • Like 1

We process all the lowers from guns we bring in as a first step.

When they are built, it may be poly or Tac-12.

So we dont have un-cut lowers.

I only use them to replace lowers people have broken, not as a stand alone part for sale.

That gets folks out of a jam that have a broken gun.

Jim

• Like 2