MKA-1919's at 2013 Multi-Gun Nationals

Well Nanci, Chris , Randy ,Tommy, Craig, Travis, Yancy, and I will also be there...All shooting Firebirdsrolleyes.gif

And I know of several more, I think open division will be Dominated by our guns and our shooters.

We keep getting reports of our shooters winning or placing very high in Multigun matches.

Firebird is a stage sponsor for the USPSA 2013 Multigun Nationals and I will put a little over 2K of prizes on the table.

We will have a table there with some of our goodies as well.

If anyone needs anything just call Nanci, I can bring it.

I cant wait!! stayin at the match Hotel...a little drinkin..a little Gamblin...and visiting good Friends021.gif

And a good bit Of runnin gun!!!

This is going to be a blast032.gif

Jim

• Like 1
Need I ask?

We want lots of videos of Team Firebird and MKA's in action!

For us poor souls that don't get to join in the fun.

Bill

I'm not on the team, but I'll post some videos :)

Nine out of the 12 stages use shotgun, so there should be plenty of action...

Need I ask?

We want lots of videos of Team Firebird and MKA's in action!

For us poor souls that don't get to join in the fun.

Bill

I'm not on the team, but I'll post some videos smile.png

Nine out of the 12 stages use shotgun, so there should be plenty of action...

Excellent! I'm looking forward to them.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Bill

While we wait for multi gun videos.

Here is my last stage this weekend.

I'm having two issues.

1. the mags will not freely drop. Practice at home and the drop all the time. At a match they never drop. I end up stripping them then loading.

2. watch how many times I dust a plate and it doesn't fall. about 12-15 yards, shooting Win AA Light target 1145 fps with 7 1/2 shot. out of the IC choke.

I can deal with having to strip the mag but hitting the plate and it not going down is just wrong. Probalby goin gback to the mod choke or getting a Carlson Light Mod.

Any suggestions from you 3 gunners???

p.s. I have an 18 rounder coming from Roulette. I may get a second one but I don't see stages with more than 28 so I thin an 18 and 10 will suffice.

http://youtu.be/fFLo2-dw8dM

2. watch how many times I dust a plate and it doesn't fall. about 12-15 yards, shooting Win AA Light target 1145 fps with 7 1/2 shot. out of the IC choke.

I can deal with having to strip the mag but hitting the plate and it not going down is just wrong. Probalby goin gback to the mod choke or getting a Carlson Light Mod.

Out of the Akdal, the Carlson LM that Firebird shipped with it seemed to give a larger pattern than the Briley LM in my 21" Benelli, so I use a Briley M for most stages now. If there arent any no shoots, mostly clays and no steel at a distance, I go up to the LM. At the nationals, I think I used the LM on one, or two, of the nine stages that had shotgun on them.

Out of the Akdal, the Carlson LM that Firebird shipped with it seemed to give a larger pattern than the Briley LM in my 21" Benelli, so I use a Briley M for most stages now. If there arent any no shoots, mostly clays and no steel at a distance, I go up to the LM. At the nationals, I think I used the LM on one, or two, of the nine stages that had shotgun on them.

So on the other stages you used a Briley Mod?

I'm guessing my Win AA load is sufficient? Can't figure out why the steel isn't dropping then.

Nice videos. I notice on stage 7 you used your 45* irons on close and your scope on the long stuff. On the other stages on your youtube channel you used scope only and not irons. You had the scope set at 0x i'm guessing??

While we wait for multi gun videos.

Here is my last stage this weekend.

I'm having two issues.

1. the mags will not freely drop. Practice at home and the drop all the time. At a match they never drop. I end up stripping them then loading.

You have a tolerance issue, I'd bank on it. Temperatures can change your tolerances, which is why I tested my S12 in 30 degree weather (Reciever will contract the magwell in size since an S12 receiver is steel.). Worked flawlessly for me.

1919 mags, at least the feed tower to my knowledge, are made of steel. You may have a temp change or you may have a bulge in your mags somehow. Remove the upper, hit the magwell with a flashlight and if you don't see light in the crack between your mag and the magwell, (unless it's the mag latch that holds the mag in place) then that's a contact point. Remove the contact point. You can either take the material off the mag by grinding (GENTLY, you'll only need to tak off a tenth or a thousandth or two most likely, you can take it off faster than you can put the material back on.) or you can take it off the magwell (Which is polymer and is more machinable. Again, be gentle on taking the material off for the same reason.).

After that, test the mags, all your mags. They should all work.

So on the other stages you used a Briley Mod?

I'm guessing my Win AA load is sufficient? Can't figure out why the steel isn't dropping then.

Nice videos. I notice on stage 7 you used your 45* irons on close and your scope on the long stuff. On the other stages on your youtube channel you used scope only and not irons. You had the scope set at 0x i'm guessing??

Yeah, my scope is a Swarovski Z6i and Im slightly faster using that on 1x than the side mounted aimpoint. On some stages, like 7, with longer shots, I use the aimpont so I dont have to mess with the magnification on the scope.

I think I used an IM on stage 7, since there were some tight no-shoot steel there, but yeah, a Briley M choke and 1145 AAs were used on most of the stages.

Edited by gose
I'm not on the team

We can fix that. 000.gif

Speaking of fixing.

I fixed my my mag drop problem.

Cut off the bolt hold open latches per Jim.

They drop slick as Beaver anal glands now!

Team shirts are available how? beer.gif

30 some people shoot on team Firebird, some shoot at just about every major 3 gun match around the country.

If you have interest you can call me.

Jim

"30 some people shoot on team Firebird, some shoot at just about every major 3 gun match around the country."

And some have never shot a match......

Sweet I can't afford to shoot that much, make me a part of Team Firebird lol I'll cheer and make cookies

"30 some people shoot on team Firebird, some shoot at just about every major 3 gun match around the country."

Sweet I can't afford to shoot that much, make me a part of Team Firebird lol I'll cheer and make cookies

What kind of cookies?

What kind of cookies?

Whatever is requested.