Remington is on the gov't licky butt list.

I wouldn't buy any of their garbage anyway!

By no stretch of the imagination is an 870 Remington garbage. Still, I won't buy anything with their name on it again. They chose sides, and in my opinion, the wrong one.

Okay maybe they're not all garbage but I can think of three other brand pump guns I would buy first and about 10 bolt rifles brands I would buy before a model 7, 760, 770, 742, 7400, 700 ect...

I did want their R-25 (or R-15?) .243 AR10 though..

The 740 series is butt nasty horrible. The 742 I have is going to be a test gun for burial preservation.

The 700 and and 870 and the 1100 are good.

Well, I guess Remington needs convincing. Remember how bad S&W got bitchslapped.

The 740 series is butt nasty horrible. The 742 I have is going to be a test gun for burial preservation.

The 700 and and 870 and the 1100 are good.

Well, I guess Remington needs convincing. Remember how bad S&W got bitchslapped.

Agree 100%!!! Can't strip them for a good cleaning! It took till the 7400 to get the other bugs out of that series. But they still suck!

Freedom Group owns Remington along with bushmaster and dpms. They're very anti 2nd amendment, the holdings were put up for sale after Sandy Hook and they're trying to find a single buyer, lets hope it's not bloomturd, gates, rockefeller or soros.

Here is my response via the Remington Website:

As the "Nation's Oldest Firearms Producer", I would have expected Remington to have a better understanding of our Second Ammendment rights under the U.S. Constitution. I have owned several Remington firearms over the years, as well as ammunition. My most recent purchase was a Model 700 SPS in .308, and it is a fine rifle. It will also be my last purchase of Remington firearms, ammunition, or reloading components. You see, I also own several modern sporting rifles as well. Your decision to continue to produce weapons in a state that bans or severely restricts ownership of those same weapons to law abiding citizens is beyond hypocrisy.

You have a link to contact Representatives and Senators to voice support for the Second Ammendment, and then meet with those same Represatives and Senators, decide to stay, and walk out with a new government contract. You have sold out the citizens (and the rights thereof) of this country for government contracts.

That is your perogative, but as a result, I cannot and will not support your company with any purchases in the future. In fact, I will diligently work to get the word out to the many firearm owners I know and forums I am a member of that you do not support guns owner rights or the Second Ammendment as evidenced by your recent decision.

Thank you for your time,

Darek Wood

It will probably be deleted unread.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 1

you guys crack me up, you really do.

do you really think that BERETTA or the other manufacturers are moving out because of laws passed by those states? if you do, you are really naïve and the most gullible people on the planet that swallowed the P.R. stunt by those manufacturers, telling you they are moving because of "2nd admt".

I can tell you, without any doubt, that the whole reason of them moving has nothing to do with the 2nd.. that is not what drives them to move. it's because they got a real sweetheart deal by the state gov't to move there, ie. no tax, concessions etc...

there is no DOUBT that if Md. offered BERETTA lucrative incentives to stay they would have. but, they got a better deal elsewhere, and they won't pay a pittance of tax to that state coffers, it's the poor slobs they will hire that will pay more then that corporation ever will.

and then folks like you, will say, "wow, they are pro-2nd admt. I will buy their products because of that", because you swallowed hook line and sinker of that P.R. story of theirs and pour more money into them, which they won't pay a tax on.

gun manufacturers are a business, and the only thing they look out for is their bottom line, and nothing else. if you don't know that by now, you never will, and will go through life in a fairy tale stupor

the only reason that Magpul, pulled out is because the language in the state law, they couldn't legally stay there and make 30 round mags. but they got people hoodwinked with the publicity stunt like that silly "BOULDER AIRLIFT".

NYS gave a much better deal to REMINGTON to stay, then other states to move their manufacturing to them. if I was REMINGTON, I would have done the same thing. manufacturers are in the business to make money, and find the best places so they can keep it. the whole "2nd admt", is just a marketing gimmick to fool people like you, and it woks wonders from responses I have seen about BERETTA, magpul etc..

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I don't disagree with a single thing you posted MH. You are 100% correct. However, the principle still stands. Each time I buy a Remington product, a portion of that transaction goes to the state of New York. I refuse to help fund any goverment that is spearheading an effort to take away our constitutional rights if I can help it.

I don't live in New York (Thank God) so I can not vote for change at the ballot box. But as you correctly put it, its all about money, and I vote with my hard earned dollars. I will support businesses in free states (regardless of the reason they are there), and will avoid if possible those that choose to remain in states that have no concept of individual rights.

For the same reason, I don't flyfish in Colorado, (Montana rocks) vacation in Hawaii, or step foot in the state of California.

Regardless of why gun companies are in business, I expect them to stand up for the Constitutional right which allows their business to exist in the first place.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 3

do you really think that BERETTA or the other manufacturers are moving out because of laws passed by those states? if you do, you are really naïve and the most gullible people on the planet that swallowed the P.R. stunt by those manufacturers, telling you they are moving because of "2nd admt".

I can tell you, without any doubt, that the whole reason of them moving has nothing to do with the 2nd.. that is not what drives them to move. it's because they got a real sweetheart deal by the state gov't to move there, ie. no tax, concessions etc...

there is no DOUBT that if Md. offered BERETTA lucrative incentives to stay they would have. but, they got a better deal elsewhere, and they won't pay a pittance of tax to that state coffers, it's the poor slobs they will hire that will pay more then that corporation ever will.

and then folks like you, will say, "wow, they are pro-2nd admt. I will buy their products because of that", because you swallowed hook line and sinker of that P.R. story of theirs and pour more money into them, which they won't pay a tax on.

gun manufacturers are a business, and the only thing they look out for is their bottom line, and nothing else. if you don't know that by now, you never will, and will go through life in a fairy tale stupor

the only reason that Magpul, pulled out is because the language in the state law, they couldn't legally stay there and make 30 round mags. but they got people hoodwinked with the publicity stunt like that silly "BOULDER AIRLIFT". They're leaving the commie fucks behind!

NYS gave a much better deal to REMINGTON to stay, then other states to move their manufacturing to them. if I was REMINGTON, I would have done the same thing. manufacturers are in the business to make money, and find the best places so they can keep it. the whole "2nd admt", is just a marketing gimmick to fool people like you, and it woks wonders from responses I have seen about BERETTA, magpul etc.. Ummmm....have you looked at the tax rates in NY lately?

I seem to recall you saying not too long ago that we were all out of our fucking minds for even thinking that any of these companies would ever consider moving from any of these states, that we were all, how did you put it......" really naïve" for ever considering such a thing. I mean we are the stupidest bunch of mutherfukers that were ever hatched according to you. One question....do you feel superior by staying here with such ignorance, do you get your rocks off by letting us know every day just how fuken stupid we are? I guess if it wasen't you doing it someone else even more superior would come along, so have at it f0ckers.gifBut it is very appearent what you really think of us, and it's not just this post either.

In response:

Blah Blah Blah....fucking BLAH

Thanks, I need a good reminder every now and then of why I moved away from them commie union fuckers up north. And the last time I checked the only time this right to work state had dire financial problems is when they got really stupid and elected a democrap to run up a bunch of debt "Doug Wilder" "Tim Kaine". I left that union ridden bastion of corruption shithole in Ohio a long time ago, fukem f0ckers.gif

Edited by AA re-cvrd
  • Like 2
I seem to recall you saying not too long ago that we were all out of our fucking minds for even thinking that any of these companies would ever consider moving from any of these states,

yes, I did say that. but when they are enticed to move which would be more lucrative to their bottom line rather then stay, then that puts it in a whole new ball game. they certainly wouldn't have spent millions moving just because of any 2nd admnt. stance, there is no money in that.

and I have never stated or said any of you guys are stupid. I will say this; a lot of you guys go into "knee jerk react" mode anytime some news article comes up with guns. if you just stop and though this out you would have come to the same conclusion as me, "now, why would a corporation just pick up and move? corporations just don't spend millions packing up and moving for a issue, especially if it really doesn't affect them. they only move, if where they are going will be better for their bottom line. and since states are so desperate for any company to pick them to move to, they would have to make it worth their wild, so what can states do to get companies to move to them? tax abatement, relaxed codes, etc..."

wanna bet the state will also be a "right to work states"? ie. no unions?

do you think for one minute that manufacturers started moving their operations to china because the CEOs likes Chinese food?

• Like 2

I was waiting for Remington to stay in NY. That $80 million government contract sure outweighs all their civilian sales don't it? S&W was boycotted in the 90s and came closer to going under than they wanted. Boycotts do work, the left uses them a lot to considerable effect. And now Remington (and all Freedom Group companies) are on my boycott list http://www.p2ab.org/ban-list/ And yea, I post that out there for everyone to see...

I've had 10 Tapco mags on order with Brownell's for several months. Now to decide whether to wait for them to come in or cancel the order and buy some other mags at three times the price. Tapco is part of Freedom Group.

Maybe it's because all they seem to make are pump guns and bolt rifles. Nothing that takes a proper magazine. As near as I can tell, they believe the consumer and the military only need bolt action rifles.

I forgot to mention that they now are also known for making shoddy lever guns under the marlin brand.

• Like 1

A little math:

80 million dollar contract. 5,000 sniper rifles.

If the contract is solely for those weapons - that's $16,000 per rifle.

That would be about $4-$6k over market even if they were Barret M82s - which they aren't.

If they're model 700 rifles... Well, that's only a little over $15k high, each...

A little math:

That would be about $4-$6k over market even if they were Barret M82s - which they aren't.

If they're model 700 rifles... Well, that's only a little over $15k high, each...

that also includes repair parts, stocks, barrels, etc... , as well as accessories; repair tools, magazines, silencers, LEUPOLD scopes. as well as the upgrade of something like 3,500 current fielded M24s from 7.62NATO to .300 WINCHESTER MAGNUM.

it's not just rifles by themselves. anytime a contract is awarded it also includes all associated repair parts and accessories for each of those items

• Like 2

Buying from remington, para, dpms or bushmaster will only put millions of dollars into the state of new yorks coffers. It's funny how they plan to make so much money from the guns they demonize.

I'm glad we could crack you up. To say that all gun manufacturers are moving as a sales gimmick to fool us stupid idiots is insulting to us and the few companies left who actually care about the rights of individuals. Greed and deception may drive you but please don't paint everyone with your broad brush There are a few honorable people left in this world even if you think they're merely trying to get one over on us to make a sale..

the only reason that Magpul, pulled out is because the language in the state law, they couldn't legally stay there and make 30 round mags. but they got people hoodwinked with the publicity stunt like that silly "BOULDER AIRLIFT".

NYS gave a much better deal to REMINGTON to stay, then other states to move their manufacturing to them. if I was REMINGTON, I would have done the same thing. manufacturers are in the business to make money, and find the best places so they can keep it. the whole "2nd admt", is just a marketing gimmick to fool people like you, and it woks wonders from responses I have seen about BERETTA, magpul etc..

Edited by AKpwnerer
I mean we are the stupidest bunch of mutherfukers that were ever hatched according to you.

Some people are just so angry at the world (for whatever reason) that they have to attack anything and everything. I assume it's because they are desperate to blame something outside themselves for their unhappiness. Responding to it only makes encourages it. Ignore it and hopefully it will go away.

• Like 1
To say that all gun manufacturers are moving as a sales gimmick to fool us stupid idiots is insulting to us and the few companies left who actually care about the rights of individuals.

individual rights probably falls somewhere below contracting a cleaning crew for their corporate office to a gun manufacturer.

all corporation, I don't care if they make widgets or firearms look only at one thing, MONEY and how they can keep more of it.

like I stated if they get a better deal to move, they'll move. they're certainly not going to move because of individual rights. they are just spinning that as part of their PR and if you believe that, then you HAVE to believe BP really cares about the environment. people in the gulf coast etc.. in their PR.

as for the comment "being angry" etc.. hardly the case, I live in the real world and see things for what it is. a gun corporation is no different then any other corporation, they're all the same when it comes right down to it, make money and figuring out a way to keep most of it, everything else is just white noise to them.

A little math:

An M-24 weapons system comes in a case with all related accessories. The armorer also gets a box of goodies to dole out when needed. You can get an M-24 without any of the spare parts for around 10K. They are nothing like the 700 or "police sniper" yada yada crap you buy on the shelf. It's like comparing a nascar vehicle with the same name to one on the dealer floor. There's a handful of people who build just these rifles. They compare to H&S which the FBI loves and Surgeon that everybody else who works for a living loves. 15K for a complete package is a square deal.

To say that all gun manufacturers are moving as a sales gimmick to fool us stupid idiots is insulting to us and the few companies left who actually care about the rights of individuals.

individual rights probably falls somewhere 100 lines down below a expense account to a gun manufacturer.

all corporation, I don't care if they make widgets or firearms look only at one thing, MONEY and how they can keep more of it.

like I stated if they get a better deal to move, they'll move. they're certainly not going to move because of individual rights. they are just spinning that as part of their PR and if you you believe that, then you believe BP really cares about the environment etc.. in their PR.

as for the comment "being angry" etc.. hardly the case, I live in the world of reality and see things for what it is. a gun corporation is no different then any other corporation, they're all the same when it comes right down to it, make money and figuring out a way to keep most of it, everything else is just white noise to them.

All corporations? How about a 503c or a 509? You're a fool.

• Like 1
All corporations? How about a 503c or a 509? you're a fool

biggest scams going, out of every dollar a few cents goes into those charities. no, the only fool here are gullible people like you.haha.gif

Yeah, go fuck yourself. Gullible? I'd enjoy you saying that to my face, keyboard commando!

Maybe it's because all they seem to make are pump guns and bolt rifles. Nothing that takes a proper magazine. As near as I can tell, they believe the consumer and the military only need bolt action rifles.

I forgot to mention that they now are also known for making shoddy lever guns under the marlin brand.

Yeah, the marlin has gone to hell in a handbasket. Lots of Marlin fans were super upset with the quality of the lever guns. How exactly do you screw something up that has been made for over a 100 years?