Tactical Breacher Choke Installed-Have Questions????

Doesn't look quite right, does it? But maybe that is how it is designed to fit.

I have not tried this choke and I do not have the XN model. For my earlier model I purchased Carlson extended chokes with the WinChoke thread and they fit just fine.

Have you compared it to the chokes that came with the gun?

Bill

• Like 1

No man that's not right, I have the same choke and it is nice and flush, every time I've seen that choke installed on an MKA, it's been nice and flush, or the tiniest gap.

Well I'm not saying it's not right 100% for sure, but from what I've seen that is quirky. Hopefully Jim or one of the MKA builders sees this and maybe can answer to it for sure or have seen that.

Houston...We have a problem. I hope all the new XN owners, take a minute to make sure all the accessory parts they order, will in fact work. I also hope that these manufacturers that produce these parts will try to catch up and let everyone know if certain parts will not work for the XN models... seems some do and some don't. Good info I'm sure will be posted here as things progress.

Obviously yours doesn't look right.

Just look in the barrel, if there's no gap between the base of the choke and the bore you're ok. It may just be a shallow choke bore. If there is a gap I would chase the threads with a choke tap and ensure the base of the choke seats firmly at the end of the bore.

• Like 1
Houston...We have a problem. I hope all the new XN owners, take a minute to make sure all the accessory parts they order, will in fact work. I also hope that these manufacturers that produce these parts will try to catch up and let everyone know if certain parts will not work for the XN models... seems some do and some don't. Good info I'm sure will be posted here as things progress.

Unfortunately , there are some slight variations between guns EVEN on the same model , not to mention the non XN and XN , differences.

Overall the QC is getting better, but occasionally we get a 016.gif ,for example, We got a BRAND NEW XN, the other day the hammer looked like it was made with a hammer and an angle grinder, the critical area's were fine, but the rest was ROUGH, to say the least.

It SURE keeps it interesting, making parts.

• Like 1

Unfortunately , there are some slight variations between guns EVEN on the same model , not to mention the non XN and XN , differences.

Overall the QC is getting better, but occasionally we get a 016.gif ,for example, We got a BRAND NEW XN, the other day the hammer looked like it was made with a hammer and an angle grinder, the critical area's were fine, but the rest was ROUGH, to say the least.

It SURE keeps it interesting, making parts.

I worked on a friends and encountered the same thing, we redid his FCG, but got a new stock one to save, and sent the bad one in as a courtesy. It was fucked up to say the least.

Oh and Tooth, thanks for the stupid fast reply to my email the other night about the stock adapter! Much appreciated.

Just Installed a $39.95 Tactical Breacher Choke purchased from Centerfiresystems.com

My concern is the body of the breacher does not seat flush with the end of the barrel.

Its a newer version (XN)

Check pic below & please chime in

Thanks in Advance

FREDattachicon.gif100_0340.jpg

Bill @ centerfire is sending me another one

The orginal chokes that come w/the the gun sit just below the surface of the end of the barrel,hopefully the next one sent corrects this

I'll keep u posted

• Like 1
Looks likes simple mix up between the WIN version of that choke (that fits) and the REM or other version...I have the same choke and it fits perfectly flush. What is written on the side of the choke?

Says" MKA-1919

Measurement from where the breach starts to the end of the choke is: 1 17/32"

Got another Tactical Choke(same one) from Centerfire & looks like the gap has closed up some, now we are down to 1/8", is that normal???

Here's the new pic.

PS. I called Clyde @ RAAC & explained and he said he has another barrel to send me (also when purshased there was a slight factory blemish @ end of barrel)

The 2 pics are now, my 1st post w/pic was before

FRED

post-47463-0-58252800-1366312151_thumb.jpg

post-47463-0-91591700-1366312187_thumb.jpg

I shall refer you to my earlier post, chase the threads.

Just look in the barrel, if there's no gap between the base of the choke and the bore you're ok. It may just be a shallow choke bore. If there is a gap I would chase the threads with a choke tap and ensure the base of the choke seats firmly at the end of the bore.

I shall refer you to my earlier post, chase the threads.

Thank You, I feel know looking at your post it all makes sense-now I have to go on the hunt for a choke tap

That being said, I guess this would be more of a job for a gunsmith???

FRED

Edited by turbobuick
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny, that choke looks exactly like a Trulock.

scope.jpg
Tactical
hor-dot-line.gif

The Trulock Tactical Choke was designed to produce optimum performance with breaching rounds, buckshot and rifled slugs. This eliminates the need to change muzzle devices when alternating ammunition from breaching rounds to buckshot or rifled slugs. The crenulated muzzle ensures positive grip when used as a standoff tool. More than just a breaching tool, this new design goes beyond a single purpose. The Trulock Tactical Choke produces improved downrange accuracy and performance for buckshot or rifled slug applications.

Funny, that choke looks exactly like a Trulock.

scope.jpg
Tactical

hor-dot-line.gif

The Trulock Tactical Choke was designed to produce optimum performance with breaching rounds, buckshot and rifled slugs. This eliminates the need to change muzzle devices when alternating ammunition from breaching rounds to buckshot or rifled slugs. The crenulated muzzle ensures positive grip when used as a standoff tool. More than just a breaching tool, this new design goes beyond a single purpose. The Trulock Tactical Choke produces improved downrange accuracy and performance for buckshot or rifled slug applications.

Ya there's a few copies and a few places that sell copies as trulocks...