<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AA re-cvrd" data-cid="891123" data-time="1366142298"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="86camaro" data-cid="891116" data-time="1366141359"><p>I was curious because the media (Yeah, I know) said the pressure cooker may have been used as a timer but I don't see how that's possible. Its just a sealed pot. With a valve. Maybe I'm too Polish to understand. Edited because typo.</p></blockquote>

Come on down to Norfolk area, we're still in pretty good shape here.</p></blockquote>

Thanks for the invite but me and my girl are gonna invade texas. Will the pressure cooker ban only limit capacity? Or are we going to have to register?

I have no idea how I botched that quote. Maybe because I'm on mobile format?

Edited by 86camaro
  • Like 1
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who fed Hillary beans again?

While it always sucks when people are hurt (be it an act of God, an attack of some nature, or an accident), I’ve hit a point that I’m relieved when a gun wasn’t used. Maybe someone will figure out peo

The most disgusting thing about this is: WE educated the worlds terrorists and the media is just agog how a student that attended such prestigious university could go so wrong. You want someone to bla

Posted Images

I was curious because the media (Yeah, I know) said the pressure cooker may have been used as a timer but I don't see how that's possible. Its just a sealed pot. With a valve. Maybe I'm too Polish to understand. Edited because typo.

All of these people have communications or journalism degrees. What makes you think that they've ever so much as fixed a toaster?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AA re-cvrd" data-cid="891123" data-time="1366142298"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="86camaro" data-cid="891116" data-time="1366141359"><p>I was curious because the media (Yeah, I know) said the pressure cooker may have been used as a timer but I don't see how that's possible. Its just a sealed pot. With a valve. Maybe I'm too Polish to understand. Edited because typo.</p></blockquote>

Come on down to Norfolk area, we're still in pretty good shape here.</p></blockquote>

Thanks for the invite but me and my girl are gonna invade texas. Will the pressure cooker ban only limit capacity? Or are we going to have to register?

I have no idea how I botched that quote. Maybe because I'm on mobile format?

No worries brother. Good luck in the lone-star, I'll be right behind you if they decide to screw the pooch here.

Boston area officials and "experts" already pointing fingers at 2A supporters/constitutionalists.

Shit will get very bad for us if it turns out that the bomber was, for example, a veteran.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 3

Lets just hope they do not find some "Lee harvey Oswald type" who will say he did it to get recognition. This would make it easy for them to close the case and make their case for even more laws to "keep us all safe" I am not one who believes that the government plots these sort of things, BUT they have been exposed many many times for convicting some vagrant of a crime they did not commit by making up a story and getting them to sign a confession. leta also not forget the liberal elitists have proudly stated' NEVER LET A GOOD CRISIS GO TO WASTE!" IF THEY DO NOT FIND THE REAL PERPETRATORS SOON THEY WILL FIND SOMEONE.

Edited by misterT
Anybody been stalking Jodi Foster lately?

What will be bad for us, is if they determine gunpowder of some kind was used, then they'll try to ban reloading supplies.

I'm betting black powder or pyrodex.

Boston area officials and "experts" already pointing fingers at 2A supporters/constitutionalists.

Shit will get very bad for us if it turns out that the bomber was, for example, a veteran.

This is exactly what I was thinking was going to happen. So far, it hasnt went mainstream just yet, but easily could. Id like to know where these so called experts get their info from. It likely stems from fed sites/propaganda and/or agencies.

Bunch of horseshit eitherway. Seems like it could help pave the way for more liberties being stripped.

I heard one of them was something using H2O2 on the news today...

That would make sense... Someone filled a pressure cooker with peroxide and ball bearings, then threw a steak in...

ANYTHING is better than ANYTHING even loosely related to firearms.

Wow, love how they jump right for the constitutional rights people. Um... wouldn't a right wing extremist target a GOVERNMENT building or group. Last I checked it was jihadist that favored soft targets like civilians, anything that disrupts peace of mind.

Global jihadist terrorist groups like to be able to at least show they can defeat modest levels of security. They want to appear strong and clever while showing the targeted government as weak and inept. If they just wanted all soft targets to disrupt peace of mind, they'd just start putting bombs in people's homes and detonating them in the middle of the night.

To me this doesn't reek of Islamists due to the choice of target, lack of martyrdom, and devices used. However, I'm not saying its not a distinct possibility. This change in tactics for them might be a reflection of our current counter-terrorism efforts. No doubt that all of the FBI stings ops recruiting at mosques that snared so many wanna-be Jihadists has dried up much of their suicide pool in the US. Also the fear of getting on 'watch-lists' for obtaining ingredients to their usual explosives might have put them off and in favor of more mundane substitutes like black powder and/or peroxide.

However, peroxide-based HMEs were used in the Islamist London bus bombings back in 05... but those were suicide attacks. I think the lack of martyrdom in this operation, here, is what throws a wrench in it being Islamist.

Edited by Risky
Wow, love how they jump right for the constitutional rights people. Um... wouldn't a right wing extremist target a GOVERNMENT building or group. Last I checked it was jihadist that favored soft targets like civilians, anything that disrupts peace of mind.

Global jihadist terrorist groups like to be able to at least show they can defeat modest levels of security. They want to appear strong and clever while showing the targeted government as weak and inept. If they just wanted all soft targets to disrupt peace of mind, they'd just start putting bombs in people's homes and detonating them in the middle of the night.

To me this doesn't reek of Islamists due to the choice of target, lack of martyrdom, and devices used. However, I'm not saying its not a distinct possibility. This change in tactics for them might be a reflection of our current counter-terrorism efforts. No doubt that all of the FBI stings ops recruiting at mosques that snared so many wanna-be Jihadists has dried up much of their suicide pool in the US. Also the fear of getting on 'watch-lists' for obtaining ingredients to their usual explosives might have put them off and in favor of more mundane substitutes like black powder and/or peroxide.

However, peroxide-based HMEs were used in the Islamist London bus bombings back in 05... but those were suicide attacks. I think the lack of martyrdom in this operation, here, is what throws a wrench in it being Islamist.

Or could it be a new and improved islamist?

Or it could very well be a copy cat......

Maybe hadj is learning to adapt and overcome? tinfoilhat.gif

Well, one of the worst parts about this whole mess is the story about that Penske truck and how it attempted to gain access to the scene to 'deliver medical supplies'.

If that's true, and the theory that it was a large bomb targeting the first responders is correct... that means there's a VBIED hidden somewhere in the Boston area in desperate want for a target. I really doubt whomever may be responsible for its existence is going to attempt to deconstruct the bomb rather than just blow it up at the next juicy target of opportunity.

Maybe hadj is learning to adapt and overcome? tinfoilhat.gif

Well, one of the worst parts about this whole mess is the story about that Penske truck and how it attempted to gain access to the scene to 'deliver medical supplies'.

If that's true, and the theory that it was a large bomb targeting the first responders is correct... that means there's a VBIED hidden somewhere in the Boston area in desperate want for a target. I really doubt whomever may be responsible for its existence is going to attempt to deconstruct the bomb rather than just blow it up at the next juicy target of opportunity.

Hard to say at this point. I havent herd anyone reporting about the Penske truck for some time.

The "domestic" flavor of islamist isn't quite as, um, dedicated... to collecting his 72 virgins.

I still place the highest probability on radical islamism due to the target.

The right wing angle doesn't fit because why target the BM? What is there about a marathon for a RW to hate? If the target had been government related or an abortion clinic I'd have different suspicions.

Also, environmental terrorism was mentioned as a possibility. Again, the target doesn't fit.

• Like 1

I don't know shit, but I do know that this smells funny. I've seen the blast footage and all the smoke. Many are saying black powder, but I don't think it's consistent with that. Too much smoke for one. Secondly, some experts were saying that shrapnel was stuck in the walls of buildings and in order to do that it would need velocities up in the 7000 fps range. Hell, you can't get that out of a barrel with a 220 swift, so I don't see how you can get that out of a pressure cooker bomb using black powder. I'm starting to suspect someone with knowledge on how to make explosives had something to do with this. Not just how to make an IED, but how to make the stuff that powers the IED. In other words, we may be dealing with someone who knows his chemistry.

Edited by DLT
I don't know shit, but I do know that this smells funny. I've seen the blast footage and all the smoke. Many are saying black powder, but I don't think it's consistent with that. Too much smoke for one. Secondly, some experts were saying that shrapnel was stuck in the walls of buildings and in order to do that it would need velocities up in the 7000 fps range. Hell, you can't get that out of a barrel with a 220 swift, so I don't see how you can get that out of a pressure cooker bomb using black powder. I'm starting to suspect someone with knowledge on how to make explosives had something to do with this. Not just how to make an IED, but how to make the stuff that powers the IED. In other words, we may be dealing with someone who knows his chemistry.

Not enough smoke?? What are you smoking (pun intended ;) )???

flint.jpg

And that's from what? 20 or 30 grains of BP? I think a pressure cooker full is plenty enough to make that much smoke seen in the vids. I mean hell, there's a reason the new stuff is called 'smokeless' powder, after all.

Fact: The Intention was to kill people, two bombs linked together for effect, bombings timed after most international runners had finished race which puts the target on Americans.

Like the 9/11 attacks they were new and unexpected. The lack of claim means they are content with the press bringing fear to the country and running DHS three ways to Sunday. Stealth is their new MO and they will hit here and there as they please to keep the panic going.

This our worst nightmare. If they have learned to keep their mouths shut with no claim it will drive us crazy. Stealth knowing they are in control will be satisfaction enough this time around.

I pray we find Him or Them quickly.

• Like 1

About the Penske truck- I help out with crowd/traffic control with our local parades and such. You would be amazed at what lengths regular ol' people will go to, just to get their morning coffee, etc. With 2 blocks of downtown closed, I've had people rant at me for 5 minutes, instead of taking the 3 minutes to just drive the F around!

Anybody been stalking Jodi Foster lately?

What will be bad for us, is if they determine gunpowder of some kind was used, then they'll try to ban reloading supplies.

I'm betting black powder or pyrodex.

You know my first thought when I heard about this yesterday "oh fuck, PLease be something other than gunpowder!!" You know our politicians are going too far when my first thought is not about the poor people hurt or killed, its how our govt will use this to take our freedoms away.

Im hearing media sources speculate about this being 'obvious domestic terrorism', being it was patriots day. Ive also heard of some saudi being detained, so who knows. But Im almost guaranteeing that they will release that gunpowder was being used (even if it wasnt). Then what kind of restrictions will they impose on the peaceful reloaders, and what kind of momentum will this give the senate vote?

I hate saying it, but this came at just the right time for those after our freedomtinfoilhat.gif

Edited by Boomsick42