Saiga 12 side rail mount accesories

I really don't see the need for one. Why would you use it?

Well, what else are you going to use the side rail for? I'm not really into optics on shotguns.

Then again the shell holder would just be extra dead-weight. /shrug

Edited by bitters

I'll find the members saiga photo on here and show you guys what I mean. It's not a big deal but I've done everything to my saiga and beyond while that side rail remains unused lol.

I was going to use it for specialty rounds. ie. door breach, flachete, ball and chain. etc.

and of course frag 12 how could i forget.

I agree that this is silly. Cut a hollow in your stock and lock in a 5 rounder if you must carry a spare on the gun. The main point of the platform is to eliminate that one at-a-time business.

If you're just feeling guilty about not using it, cut it off. I've never missed it, in terms of it being on the gun, and if you use a dremel to take a lil off the right place, it makes a great bottle opener. ;)

LOL

*** No offense intended - Your signature coupled with this particular thread just catches me as funny.***

If you really want to pursue it, there are mag couplers to be had. I would imagine you could make a Kydex mag holder to fit a rail if you tried. After that, you could attach a coupled mag to the rail. Pretty sure you would be the first... I wonder how many mags could be strapped to a single S12 at one time?

I actually kicked around the idea of a spare mag mounted under the cheek weld of a skeleton stock.

If you are only looking to add weight, just put an AR buffer tube adapter on for a stock, and fill the tube with lead. That would help mitigate recoil.

Edited by Nephilim7