• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Just watched the video. Man, lots of thoughts here. I did not expect them to actually arrest him. Looks like he was charged with "resisting search", which falls under the Texas law of "Resisting

I've never understood how you can be charged with "resisting arrest" before your told "you're under arrest", and what your being charged with. Up until that point it's really resisting unlawful detain

I’ll know when it’s safe to be unarmed by who’s who:   Heaven is a place where: - the mechanics are German; - the police are British; - the lovers are French; - the chefs are Italian, and... -

Posted Images

Lets hope so. I am so disgusted right now....especially in my beloved state of Texas. I have always had respect for LEO's, but I have to admit I am starting to turn the other direction. It seems more and more that they are more concerned with CYA then they are at enforcing the law and weeding out the bad ones. Totally disgusted.

Looks like the first cop wasn't getting his ass kissed fast enough on the initial encounter and everything went downhill from there. I think the first cop quickly realized he was on shaky ground but wasn't going to back down and look weak. The whole time I could see the wheels turning in his head trying to think of some justification for what he was doing. The rest is predictable. More cops show up and they have a pow-wow until they invent a reason to arrest him to cover themselves. The whole thing looked like a roadside rape.

• Like 1
I've never understood how you can be charged with "resisting arrest" before your told "you're under arrest", and what your being charged with. Up until that point it's really resisting unlawful detainment.

Ask Rodney King how it works beaten.gif

You boys need to realize the deck is stacked against you WHENEVER you encounter the police. They have no concern over your guilt or innocence. Each of them will gladly tell you to "save your complaints for the judge". You are a revenue stream to them, nothing more.

They want your coin, and if you don't freely give it to them they will take it by force. Law means nothing to them. The Constitution means nothing to them. Basic right or wrong means nothing to them. The only thing they expect from the public at large is mindless obedience. And pity the man or woman who tries to assert his rights or reason with them. Because if you do, you go from a mere shakedown victim to a threat to their inflated sense of "authority" in a split second.

A question to ponder.... in this day and age who polices the police?

I had a local cop tell me last year that if he ever pulled me over and saw that I had one of my AK's in the vehicle, that he was going to arrest me because only the "bad guys" use them. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a Texas Ranger and told him what the cop had said and he just about threw up. He reiterated that Texas is a RIFLE OPEN CARRY State and that law enforcement cannot arrest you for that. He even told me that I could legally sling it and just walk down the street if I wanted with no problems. If approached by an LEO, his advice was just to keep it slung and pointed in a safe direction, and of course be nice. I personally try very hard every time I'm stopped to be as polite as possible and not alarm the LEO's when I tell them that I have a concealed weapon. I don't even point to it, I just tell them where it is when I hand them my ID. The cops in that video should both be retrained in my opinion.

Sickening video to watch. This guy is out risking his life in combat to fight to protect the rights and freedoms our Founding Fathers intended and guaranteed in the Constitution and he gets treated like this when he's at home. That cop should be fired and prosecuted, it is illegal to walk up to a guy who's lawfully carrying a firearm and try to seize it from him like that, that's a crime. At the very least should get a heavy suspension without pay and full retraining (and the rest of the officers put on notice to know the law in this area crystal clear and never do such a thing), and if he so much as thinks of doing something like this again, he's fired. The department should also have to pay big over the lawsuit and issue a public apology to him.

Police departments all over the country need to be trained to never do stuff like this to citizens who are carrying lawfully. You do not grab their weapons or anything else when they are not breaking the law, you can ask them questions, but you can't take anything from them or detain them when they are not breaking the law, period. This video can be a great training tool, "See what this cop did? It was a crime and a violation of this man's rights. Don't you ever do that to a guy like this.". Our ancestors made this country to be a place of freedom for their own, we are not slaves, and we don't answer to trash, and we are our own masters in this world. And the cops should be on our side, not treating decent folk like this. There's enough vermin out there for them to deal with, focus on the enemy, not harassing our own people.

Edited by Dunedain

I like hearing LEOs weight in on a subject like this, thanks Semper229.

At what point, is self defense, against a peace officer justified? When the officer grabbed for the rifle? It doesn't sound like the officer declared his intent, or did he?

I don't walk around with a rifle but, I wouldn't knowingly allow anyone close enough to lay a hand on my weapon before I could draw it, without my permission. Not even a cop.

I have been pulled over and temporarily relinquished my CCW (a Beretta .45) by request. It was my choice. The officer commended me, gave me my pistol back, and gave me a written warning for speeding.

A month later, same officer, street, time, etc......I retained my weapon and was given "my last warning".

That was 8 years ago.

Edited by Sim_Player
I've never understood how you can be charged with "resisting arrest" before your told "you're under arrest", and what your being charged with. Up until that point it's really resisting unlawful detainment.

My favorite is watching these videos, hearing the people getting cuffed ask, "What am I under arrest for?" and the cops reply with "Resisting arrest." It's like, they don't see a problem with the chronological irony of making such an asinine statement.

My favorite is watching these videos, hearing the people getting cuffed ask, "What am I under arrest for?" and the cops reply with "Resisting arrest." It's like, they don't see a problem with the chronological irony of making such an asinine statement.

I never understood this one either. You have to be placed under arrest for something to be resisting arrest. And POP is not a sufficient charge.

And then there is this statment..."We have have had this conversation before, and I agree with you. There are not that many LEO's like this, but they stick out like a sore thumb. And other LEO's don't like them either."

Well it looks like this sort of behavior is the rule rather than the exception. The fatct is these evil mutherfukers wil lie cheat and steal to fuck you over and all lie for each other to cover their evil doings, I DO NOT TRUST ANY OF YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT TRUST WORTHY. Untill you clean your own shithouse...fuck you.

rant/

There are about 100,000 police officers in the State of Texas. How many have you read about, experienced, or otherwise that made headlines for being an idiot. It is an extremely small percentage, and yes, it is the exception not the rule. If you do not agree with that, fine, but telling me to go fuck myself because I am stating an opinion that also happens to be a statistical fact is uncalled for.

Semper229 I do apologize to you. I did not mean this as a personal attack on you, but I do see how it is perceived that way. The statement ""Untill you clean your own shithouse...fuck you" was meant in a general way too law enforcement accross this nation. I have no beaf with you personally, and in-fact I like most of what you have to say generally. I will not coment any further on this post, as I do not want to chance causing any further harm to a respected fellow forum member.

• Like 2

I agree that these incidents may be in the minority but I don't buy that it is an "extremely small percentage". We do know that it is an extremely small percentage that get caught on video doing it. It's anybody's guess how often it goes on when nobody is looking or it is some cop's word against some guy who is easy to paint as a bad guy just for the mere simple fact that he has a gun in his possession. I think a person has to be downright stupid to believe that these incidents that we can see with our own eyes because a camera just happened to be rolling are anything but a tiny fraction of what really happens. Here is what I do know for a fact: There are "enough" of these kind of cops out there in every city and town in this country that the potential for this kind of thing happening to any one of us is very real. That is the the real problem and it doesn't matter what the actual hard numbers are. It only matters that it could easily happen to you or me today and we all know it. For all the "good cops" out there who don't do this but turn your head when you see it or "go along to get along", I've got news for you......you're not a good cop. If you have seen it and done something about it then good for you, but people need to see a lot more of that because the perception is that you all protect each other no matter what and that none of you have the courage to step in at the actual moment that an injustice is actually happening and say "Hey wait a minute, we may be wrong here". This video is a good example of that.

• Like 2

Sickening to watch. Exact opposite I felt when I just watched the Bruins anthem vid.

My only similar experience was thankfully handled much better. I shot guns in the same wooded area my whole life. My dad taught me how to shoot BB guns there and eventually the gun he learned on, a late 1800s Winchester .22 youth rifle. This time we drove to that said wooded area and when we finished shooting, an LEO was waiting for us on the side of the road. He must have been there for close to 3 hours. He asked what we were doing and I explained we just finished target shooting and were now headed back to my place. I also informed him that I had a LTCF and a loaded handgun on me. I asked if he wanted to see my LTCF. He said no but asked for our IDs. I asked the common question of "What laws are we breaking?" He replied, "You're not. A concerned citizen called 911 and said there was a group of guys with guns." Followed by "When anyone calls 911 and says "gun", we have to show our faces. Even if we do not believe a crime is being committed." I asked if we could put our rifles and my dog in the car. He said yes. By the time we put the rifles in the trunk, he told us we could reclaim our IDs and leave.

Pretty sure the "concerned citizen" was the guy that was upset by my 3 month old puppy shitting by the woods across the st. from his yard a couple weeks earlier.

And then there is this statment..."We have have had this conversation before, and I agree with you. There are not that many LEO's like this, but they stick out like a sore thumb. And other LEO's don't like them either."

Well it looks like this sort of behavior is the rule rather than the exception. The fatct is these evil mutherfukers wil lie cheat and steal to fuck you over and all lie for each other to cover their evil doings, I DO NOT TRUST ANY OF YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT TRUST WORTHY. Untill you clean your own shithouse...fuck you.

rant/

There are about 100,000 police officers in the State of Texas. How many have you read about, experienced, or otherwise that made headlines for being an idiot. It is an extremely small percentage, and yes, it is the exception not the rule. If you do not agree with that, fine, but telling me to go fuck myself because I am stating an opinion that also happens to be a statistical fact is uncalled for.

Semper229 I do apologize to you. I did not mean this as a personal attack on you, but I do see how it is perceived that way. The statement ""Untill you clean your own shithouse...fuck you" was meant in a general way too law enforcement accross this nation. I have no beaf with you personally, and in-fact I like most of what you have to say generally. I will not coment any further on this post, as I do not want to chance causing any further harm to a respected fellow forum member.

I'm quite certain that our forum members here that serve in law enforcement are most definately our fellow constitutional loving good ole' boys, as well as good peace officers. The rouge and self righteous above the law ones wouldn't be active in a forum full of freedom loving Americans like, oh I'd guess 99.99% of our fellow members here. The "Above the Law" turds that give the good ones a bad name have their own little like-minded clicks that I'm sure the LEO's who post on our forum and others like them stay clear of, and don't usually attend their weekend bbq parties with, unless they don't want to look like an outcast, and make their appearance.

I have the utmost respect for (law abiding) LEOs. I'm a proud supporter and member of the "Montana Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association". LEOs are in the spotlight 24/7, and their choice in this line of work holds them to a much higher standard. The rogue "above the law" types are, in my views, worse than evil gang members, and scumbag drug dealers. What this PIG and his Sargent did to this guy is way beyond unacceptable. I have fantasized about being in his position on the video, and having a few guys with lasers trained on these dirtbags, stripping these bastards down to their skivvies, shaving them bald, having the word "Tyrant" tattooed on their foreheads, and breaking all of their fingers on both hands.

You can say that's pretty extreme, but you know what? That citizen was within his Constitutional rights to protect himself from that tyranny he was subjected to and was within his constitutional rights to use lethal force against that FAT PIG that illegally disarmed him. I never refer to (constitutional abiding) law enforcement as "pigs", and it pisses me off when I hear others call them pigs. But the dirty "beyond the law" types are pigs.

Atleast they would be alive, dishonored, and fingerbones heal. Better than being judged via our constitution, right?

Of course, with the disease that has taken over in this country by spineless lawyers and libtarded judges, and bullshit organizations like ACLU ect..., you wouldn't stand a chance in hell in any courtroom bringing that kind of deserved justice on tyrants like those two, who truly deserve it. Rant done. I was so infuriated when I saw this video yesterday that I almost put my fist through my monitor.

• Like 1

I and most CHL holders that I know belong to Texas Law Shield. When they were queried regarding this situation they responded with this,

"Thanks for your question. We have received many questions regarding the unfortunate situation with Sgt. Grisham. If one of our members found himself in this situation we would absolutely represent him. In fact we did have a member who was arrested by a small town police officer for disorderly conduct for openly carrying a holstered pistol on his own property. We represented him because he was in a place he could lawfully be with a firearm he could lawfully possess. The case was immediately dismissed once the DA saw the officer’s dash cam video and saw that he was not “out in the middle of the street” as the officer claimed. The county court judge signed an order to return our members gun and his arrest and charge will be expunged. Unfortunately the officer received no discipline for his actions.

If our members are in a place where they are legally able to possess a firearm, and they suffer some kind of criminal charge for it, we will be there for them.

Edwin Walker

Texas Law Shield, LLP"

He told me that "civilians" shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

Therein lies a major problem. Many LEOs believe they are different from us. They need an education.

It's a problem if military guys think that too.

WA has a statute that provides automatic thousands of dollars a day for wrongful arrest. I hole TX has something similar and that this department loses enough of their budget that they have to lay people off. Then this worthless waste of a badge will be extremely unpopular in his department.

• Like 1

I’ll know when it’s safe to be unarmed by who’s who:

Heaven is a place where:

- the mechanics are German;

- the police are British;

- the lovers are French;

- the chefs are Italian, and...

- it's all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is a place where:

- the mechanics are French;

- the police are German;

- the lovers are Swiss;

- the chefs are British, and...

- it's all organized by the Italians.

That cop didn’t look like he was British.

post-26137-0-51851600-1366381859.jpg

• Like 3

I wonder how many people got fucked over by him in his 20 year career. I hope he gets to enjoy many years of sodomy. Not counting on it...

"Placed on administrative leave WITH pay." I'm not sure who's lower in life, this cop or the lowlife cop union/ his higher ups who placed him on leave, WITH pay!!