Cleaning my baby???

Hey guys... I've had my Vepr for about 3months now and love it... Cleaned it a few times but feel as if I can clean it better...

Does anybody have any tips, secrets or recommendations?? Or has anybody posted some videos on cleaning it??? I tried searching for a topic but came up empty handed...

Edited by glennjason

I have a couple AR's and and they have to be kept very clean to run optimally. I think what i like most aboit the VEPR and by extension the AK platform is they run in almost any condition.

Personally after i shoot it i break it down into a simple field strip and run a brush and patches through the barrel, clean the gas block and puck, wipe down the receiver and bolt/carrier. Love the simplistic nature of it.

Get a 12 ga bore snake and hoppes #9. I love the bore snakes. After you wipe the bolt, gas tube/block ect down, apply a light coat of oil. I typically don't oil any part of the gas system, it will only attract fouling & make it harder to clean.

Edited by S12KS-K

All my other guns get thorough cleanings anytime they are fired, so I am with you 100%. There is just something about the simplistic beauty of an AK that screams "just wipe me down, dont worry I will work if you need me to"

• Like 1