Anyone Watch the new SyFi Defiance show?

Loved the opening scene (well a few minutes in) when the father and the adopted alien daugher start singing a Johnny Cash song! Actually the graphics are good, only saw one cheesey scene. Certainly has potential. IMO anyways. Then again, I have been having withdrawals since Enterprise went off the air!

Edited by sjgusmc21
  • Like 1

My wife and I are Sci Fi fans. We watched it. It has potential to be an interesting series. SyFi usually has good writers for their orignal series. So I'm hopeful this one will develope well. Kinda intersting location since I'm not far from St. Louis. and my wife lived there before we met years ago.

I saw it and thought it was alright. Never been much for weekly TV series' where ya have to pay attention to a story line and never miss a week or ya lose part of the developing story. Racegal got me watching Walking Dead though and I have to admit now I kinda missed it after the season finale. So I'm thinking this one may fill in that spot. I think she liked it too.

All that said... I'm looking forward to the new season of Will & Steph's show Son's Of Guns. Kicks off tomorrow!

I watched it and was happy. The wife and i watched being human and it went off for this to start so it was a nice segway. The makeup on the bioman was pretty good as was the vulge (???). Look forward to seeing how it develops.

I enjoyed it, but there a LOT of elements taken from Firefly. Not saying that's a bad thing, but we'll see how it plays out...

I watched Revolution for a while, but it didn't hold my interest. I try to keep in mind that the first season of Babylon 5 was "less than stellar" but it turned into one of the best Sci-Fi sagas ever! (imo)

ETA: Did anyone else think a lot of the aliens looked like extras from the various old Star Trek shows? Some of them looked pretty familiar to me. ;)

Edited by Ronin38

Watched it... Lukewarm... Will give it a few more viewings before making up my mind.

Agree with comments on B5, have entire series & all movies on disc, watching some of season five right now.

I got the game and its badass. It is huge and online only. You can play with up to 10,000+ people. Another cool thing is that the game influences the show and the show influences the game. It's a pretty cool idea on their part

Is it FTP on pc like they had planned?

The game is kind of like world of Warcraft but it a third person shooter. It's really fun and massive. It gets crazy when you get a hind people or more all fighting together but it still has a few bugs and twicks they need to take care of and it seems like the are working hard at it. It's one of those games that you can spend hours on and not even get into any of the missions. I would suggest this game to anyone.

Thought the first one had some promise. Couldn't keep watching the second when the mayor disarms the hero so multiculturalism could be celebrated. Given the character they tried to create in the pilot, I thought he would hand her his badge and head out.

Leftist propaganda always ruins these shows for me.

Syndicate and I already had a discussion about it... but I didn't like the show. I have the second episode on DVR I might try and watch to see if its any better. I just think the characters and their interactions are shallow and predictable. The main character is a cliche tough-guy archetype and is about as deep as a mud puddle.

The game seems promising, though... at least as serious attempt at a console MMO shooter (like Borderlands should have been). Hopefully it'll pave the way and we'll get a Fallout MMO for the next-gen Xbox upon release! ;)