45 Long Colt in the Saiga 410?

I don't have any 45 long colt to check this myself. I'm not all that familiar with the round. But it works in revolver platform pistols and rifles so I'm curios.

Does any know if 45 long colt pressure is safe to shoot out of the Saiga 410?

Does the bolt carrier carry the round?

Will it feed from a factory mag?

Accuracy would likely not be great past 50 yards since it's smooth bore, but it could be an effective alternative to slugs if it is safe and will work.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

The 45 is larger in diameter than the 410 barrel. You can shoot a 410 (.410") out of a 45 colt, but not a 45 Colt (.451) out of a 410. The Judge handguns are not 410 ga, even though they advertise being able to fire them. Shotgun caliber pistols are illegal (barrel under 18"). They are 45 Colt that just happen to accept a 410 shell (loosely).

• Like 1

I use 45lc snap caps in my saiga 410. They chamber and eject fine. I don't think a 45lc would have the pressure to cycle the action. Also they will not feed from the magazine (not the 3" anyway, I doubt it even in a 2.5"). The 45 shells do stack right up and slide right out of the mags though.

If you were in a survival situation I'm sure you could shoot 45LCs single shot out of your saiga.

I know Tony from Tromix converted a s410 to 444 marlin.

With a custom 1.5" mag I think 45 lc would feed beautiful, but they still wouldn't function I don't think becomes they would be too underpowered. Maybe a 454 Casull or 44mag, but I wouldn't trust the chamber to take that kind of pressure.

I love the idea of a pistol caliber AK, if the PP-19 Bizom was avalible in the us I would snatch one up. If you could convert a s410 to 44mag and give it a hyliptical magazine like the Bizon or calico I think you would have something awesome : )))) that's what I call a subgun!

Here is a pic, as you can see they are way too short. It would be very unconventional to load a 255g slug, but I wonder if you could just do that.

I guess it comes down to why? 45lc's ain't no cheaper than 410. I still think it would have a cool factor though : )

post-33660-0-14952000-1366324833_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigdaddyhatty

Lyman Shotshell Reloading Handbook #4 is 11,600 LUP (lead units of pressure. Alliant hottest is 12,700 PSI.

45 Colt Maximum pressure 14,000 psi (97 MPa)

.410 is less than .45

Dont do this!!!

I have some .41 mag .410 bore is identicalcan't pay me to try it though
Hmmm I've got a bunch of 41 mag and a new S410 on the way....

I would love a 444 S410 though. Imagine bear hunting with a magful of 444!

• Like 1
DON'T DO IT!!!!

The 45 is larger in diameter than the 410 barrel. You can shoot a 410 (.410") out of a 45 colt, but not a 45 Colt (.451) out of a 410. The Judge handguns are not 410 ga, even though they advertise being able to fire them. Shotgun caliber pistols are illegal (barrel under 18"). They are 45 Colt that just happen to accept a 410 shell (loosely).

quoted and repost for the large red letters!