Since you'll never see this in the MSM...

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/21993610/robber-shot-dead-by-would-be-victim-outside-everman-store#ixzz2QevXvtLE

1st guy meets up with 2nd guy to buy something from him that was posted on CL. 2nd guy pulls gun and tries to rob 1st guy, turns out 1st guy is a CHL holder and a much better shot. 2nd was a convicted felon out on parole.

...And the media doesnt give these stories attention, it doesnt fit into their narrative. For every tragedy that kills 20, there have been 100 whos lives have been saved by just having a gun at the right time. These stories have the potential to make everyone realize the importance guns have in our homes and with our families. Instead, hundreds of stories a year which make their own local news, fail to get even a mention on the national stage.

If these stories got the same coverage as the blatant murders, our fellow americans would not be so fucking brainwashed.

But anyone who knows anything knows that.

• Like 1

I've had nothing but great transactions on CL. Been lucky I guess. I blow off people that don't give me that warm fuzzy feeling and/or meet away from my house.

I don't think the CL format has any bearing on people who are intent on robbing or killing.

I have had success too. But Im tired of asswipes that "cannot come get it right now because I am out of town" but want to "send me a money order" and when its clear they will come get it.

Ridiculous scamers are always bugging me on everything i put up for sale.

The people, however, are always nice. I had one woman who wanted a cooler I had, and I could see she was in need, and she was very nice, so I just gave it to her.

The most important thing is, if you can do it, to meet at a very public place. I meet at a Target parking lot during business hours.

Never had anyone refuse location, but had one lady who I warned if she was late, I was leaving as I had a meeting (she insisted on the time/date). She called me at our meet time, and said she was running late, could I wait a few. I said "sure" then hung up and went home. Slackers annoy the F out of me.

I've had a few bad deals and some were interesting, one was like a meth kingpin's near mansion, thought this is an ok neighborhood. Had some rolls of CF left over from my rocketry days and some shady mother fuckers show up. Had a few guys try to sham me. The meth house thing seems to be the prevalent theme though. I never sell on CL though. I started being really snarky and an asshole with my descriptions for a while and that actually worked. Pretty much typed this exactly if you want this shit, pay this, firm, I don't want trades for your shitty shit, thanks. Also there must have just been a problem in my area with these "husband and wife" teams that would make a living on craigslist and want me to pay them to teach me.

I said fuck this after trying a few times.

Oh I forgot about this one guy, he would call about every single thing I had an ad up for, unfailing, and ditch out on meeting up. Finally I programmed his number and when he called I told him I would pay his flakey ass to show up. He never called again.