Best AR buttstocks for modded MKA?

I am going with an adjustable AR/M4 type unit for my MKA. I will be using the Firebird adapter.

I'd like one strong enough for a shotgun, I know most are intended for 5.56.

What's on your gun?

Any advice is appreciated.

Pics always invited.

Thanks

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MAKGL-SHOCK#Reviews im running a mako gl shock has built in shock esorber thought i might cause a cycleing problems with it but seams to cycle fine jim chime in if you think this is a bad idea gun cycles about 90 persent of the time but is still new only 300 rnds

Edited by Goodwin
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MAKGL-SHOCK#Reviews im running a mako gl shock has built in shock esorber thought i might cause a cycleing problems with it but seams to cycle fine jim chime in if you think this is a bad idea gun cycles about 90 persent of the time but is still new only 300 rnds

Dont buy from cheaper than dirt. They are crooks 100 dollars for a metal ar 30 round mag. Dont give them your business.

I just got one of these to mount on my new Tac-12 lower. I will let everyone know how it goes after testing. Here is a link.

ATI Scorpion : http://www.atigunstocks.com/stocks/437-ar-15-stikeforce-scorpion-stock-and-pistol-grip-package-.html

That looks like the buttstock Firebird Precision puts on the 922 compliance guns they sell through Centerfire. I have one of these and it works well.

Good basic stock. Strong enough for Firebird so its strong enough for me.

Bill

Sure you want an adjustable stock? I tried a couple with mine and did not like them at all. Not built for shotgun recoil. I felt like i was just asking for problems, probably at the most inopportune time. And for what? I dont wear body armor so i didnt figure i really nneded an adjustable stock. I didn't really like how they felt.

I am now putting ace and magpul's new fixed stocks on my MKAs.

I hope Nanci sends my tac-12 lower before you leave town.

Are these even available anywhere ?

Yes they are, call Firebird when we're back from MG Nationals.

The thing to remember that is many reputable manufacturers have been running collapsible stocks on their shotguns for quite some time ( Mesa Tactical, Vang, Scattergun Tech and Knox). I ran a Knox on my 590A1 with no problems whatsoever (shooting hundreds of rounds of slugs and buck). The trick is buying a quality stock and buffer tube. That's why I recommend the VLTOR A5 shotgun specific tube. It's overbuilt and reinforced in the threaded area where it joins the reciever. Then just get a quality mil-spec sized stock to go with it. Magpul stocks works extremely well and you can purchase their thicker butt pad if necessary. Everything is US made which is icing on the cake.

• Like 1

The thing to remember that is many reputable manufacturers have been running collapsible stocks on their shotguns for quite some time ( Mesa Tactical, Vang, Scattergun Tech and Knox). I ran a Knox on my 590A1 with no problems whatsoever (shooting hundreds of rounds of slugs and buck). The trick is buying a quality stock and buffer tube. That's why I recommend the VLTOR A5 shotgun specific tube. It's overbuilt and reinforced in the threaded area where it joins the reciever. Then just get a quality mil-spec sized stock to go with it. Magpul stocks works extremely well and you can purchase their thicker butt pad if necessary. Everything is US made which is icing on the cake.

Any GOOD milspec buffer that is from a reputable brand will be fine. I can't imagine how many rounds some of the Firebird guys have down range, but I was looking at all my slug/buck hulls from since I've gottan my 1919, I've shot a fuck ton with a "weak" AR buffer tube with an adjustable stock and don't see any stress what-so-ever to any of the stops on the stock.

Question for Firebird Precision!

I know that your long billet stocks are A-1 length but what I want to

know is whats the lenght of your short billet stock in the photo I posted above.

I like the L.O.P. on my factory MKA stock and would like to know what would

work best with your alloy lower and butstock to get the same L.O.P. as the mka stock.

"Note"

I was also thinking of a folding mechanism for storage and transporting the

MKA as well....so I will probably need to factor in the 1-1/2 thickness of the folding adaptor to.

Duggr

• 2 weeks later...
They're entry length stocks, it says so on the fb page where you found the picture tongue.png

Lets try this again! What's the Length of your entry length stock?

Edited by duggr
They're entry length stocks, it says so on the fb page where you found the picture tongue.png

When installed, the total length is 7.27" from receiver to rear surface (buttplate).

This is, of course, without any recoil pad added.

When installed, the total length is 7.27" from receiver to rear surface (buttplate).

This is, of course, without any recoil pad added.

And the adjustable version would add at least another 2 1/2".

• Like 1