Molot USA has vepr12 mags in stock

I cannot believe these are not sold out yet. Either 1. people do not realize how awesome these are, 2. that they are in stock, or 3. Molot finally imported a decent amount of them... If there was another magazine that was equivalent for a cheaper price sure, but there is not... If money is an issue, imo, I would rather have 2 of these than 5 aftermarkets...

• Like 1
I cannot believe these are not sold out yet. Either 1. people do not realize how awesome these are, 2. that they are in stock, or 3. Molot finally imported a decent amount of them... If there was another magazine that was equivalent for a cheaper price sure, but there is not... If money is an issue, imo, I would rather have 2 of these than 5 aftermarkets...

I'm sure once they break even or reach their profit goal, the price will be back up to $130 in no time.

One can only hope, but I'm sure they have to compensate for some sort of jacked up firearms related import fees. I could only swing 2 right now without getting an earful from the wife. Looks like these should be in pretty regularly now so I can pick up a couple more later.

If these should cost $50-$60, then aftermarket mags for the Vepr 12 should cost $20. I doubt they will every go that low, they are quality built and have to be imported still. I don't see them ever selling for less than $80 or $90. Would be cool though.

• Like 1

I doubt they will ever go down to $50-$60 myself, but I disagree on the import thing. Over the last few months, I've seen 5-rounders selling for $50. And from what I hear, 5-rounders are cut down 8-rounders, which means more work. I say the 8-rounders sell for fat mark up due to simple demand. But I could definately be wrong.

I myself was perplexed as to why 5 rounders were selling for $40 considering more work goes into them. I heard somewhere the reason why is that when Vepr 12's are shipped to the US they come with two 5 round magazines, and 1 is taken out of the box. So US vendors are setting the price on them, on technically something that is in a way, free... Also explains why some people got two in their box...

• Like 1
I myself was perplexed as to why 5 rounders were selling for $40 considering more work goes into them. I heard somewhere the reason why is that when Vepr 12's are shipped to the US they come with two 5 round magazines, and 1 is taken out of the box. So US vendors are setting the price on them, on technically something that is in a way, free... Also explains why some people got two in their box...

That's exactly what I believe to be true as well. It's stated in the manual for a quantity of 2 magazines, and every owner I've seen in the EMEA (East, Middle East, Asia) who ordered their VEPR 12's have received two 8-Round magazines. Someone saw the opportunity (even though it was unethical to do so), and they seized it for their own profit. The only way to to find out for sure is from the contact at Molot in Russia who handling the account for export shipment of VEPR 12's.

YAY! Mine came today!

photoanx.jpg

Niiiice, when did you place your order!? I placed mine this past Thursday night (4-18) !

I also ordered mine on Thursday night. Strange is it that you have not received them. Have you gotten a shipment notification?

That's odd, no shipment notification here... here's my details:

Order #103135 (Processing)

Order Date: Thursday 18 April, 2013
I just called and was on hold for a little while then received a voice mail box, so I left a message and sent an e-mail to them as well. I wonder what the hold up is as they have already charged my credit card...
Update: After the e-mail and phone call message, I received a shipping notification shortly afterwards...
Edited by DresNightfire
YAY! Mine came today!

photoanx.jpg

Niiiice, when did you place your order!? I placed mine this past Thursday night (4-18) !

I also ordered mine on Thursday night. Strange is it that you have not received them. Have you gotten a shipment notification?

That's odd, no shipment notification here... here's my details:

Order #103135 (Processing)

Order Date: Thursday 18 April, 2013
I just called and was on hold for a little while then received a voice mail box, so I left a message and sent an e-mail to them as well. I wonder what the hold up is as they have already charged my credit card...
Update: After the e-mail and phone call message, I received a shipping notification shortly afterwards...

Excellent! Glad to hear it!