A little something we threw together for 3-gun

I'm working on some myself. They take up a LOT of real estate on the body don't they? bad_smile.gif

Im attaching belt clips to my mags. Two mags in a 3gun gear T-rig + one more on my belt + one in the gun gives me 51 rounds. Still leaves a decent amount of belt space and should be enough for most stages smile.png

Edited by gose

Anibus, you must be a lefty ? ?

I usually couple several 13's gives me 26 to start, then if it's a loooong SG stage( Ozark 3gun usually has one with 50+ rounds)put 2 more coupled on my belt. For a total of 78 (I miss a lot)015.gif . For shorter stages a coupled set is USUALLY enough.

Then you got the slugs mixed in , for another monkey wrench in the works.

I made a rigid (aluminum) drop leg with 3 safariland m1a pouches

We also have center of mass pouches along with some home made kydex pouches

Interesting, Jim. Can you post a picture or two (or three) of your creation, please?

Interesting, Jim. Can you post a picture or two (or three) of your creation, please?

That would be the pictures I first posted smile.png

• Like 1

Anubis-- those seem to have a lot of long weight held by a small portion at the bottom. Do they want to flop around when you run? Is there something else supporting the magazine higher up that I am not seeing?

So what is everyone else using to carry their magazines? I don't have a Tandy Leather store near me so I can start hand crafting some mag pouches.

I thought about looking around Wal-Mart for some kind of belt holder for a water bottle to see if I can make something work.

So what is everyone else using to carry their magazines? I don't have a Tandy Leather store near me so I can start hand crafting some mag pouches.

I thought about looking around Wal-Mart for some kind of belt holder for a water bottle to see if I can make something work.

Like mentioned above, a belt clip is the easiest and cheapest way. If the stage isnt too long, I'll start with a 15 in the gun and a backup 10 or 15 on my belt + maybe an "oh crap" 5 rounder

If the stage is longer, I'll start with a 15 in my gun, a 15 on my belt and two 10s in my T-rig.

Clips can be bought for $7 a pop from R and R racing (or I think Midway sells them too), or you can make your own with a piece of plastic and a heat source.

The 3gun gear t-rig is $35 + $45 for the mag pouch, which (of course) can also double as a rifle pouch, if needed.

Clips can be bought for $7 a pop from R and R racing (or I think Midway sells them too), or you can make your own with a piece of plastic and a heat source.

I made some of these from 3/32" Kydex and attached them to the magazines with black duct tape. I was able to get 8 of them from a 12" x 12" sheet.

I thought I was somewhat ingenious until someone pointed out they are available from R & R.

Bill

I use some homemade belt clips I bent out of flat aluminum...they work great and cheap too. Just put some HD Velcro and your done.

Here is a pic. (they are 2 1/2" W x 3" L)

100_2105_zps42ac3275.jpg

Will these hang on the belt with the shells up or shells down? Kinda looks like your's is shell down. If so, does that work well?

Thanks.

Bill

They hang shells down, no problems dropping ammo yet. Also when you grab them, they are setup to naturally go into the mag opening facing the proper direction. Shells to the bottom and brass towards the front, grab from the belt with left hand and right into the magwell.

That would be the pictures I first posted smile.png

Ah, okay! Thanks, Anubis! They look really nice!

They hang shells down, no problems dropping ammo yet. Also when you grab them, they are setup to naturally go into the mag opening facing the proper direction. Shells to the bottom and brass towards the front, grab from the belt with left hand and right into the magwell.

I need to give that a try. I've been carrying them shells up with brass to the back. I was concerned about leaving a trail of 12 ga. shells behind me.

Thanks.

Bill

Finally started on prepping for multi-gun nationals and decided we needed mag holders for the MKA.

Built a few of these today.

attachicon.gifIMG_0462.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0463.JPG

Last year I tried the 3GunGear holders for M1A which was a leg rig simlar to that in the way the body of the OEM mag was the only part being held. First time I tried them the top heavy weight slung them out when I started running from box to box. I hope you have better luck. I am using a cheap vestman vest leg rig and no issues. BUT it only holds 2. Im curious if this works out for you. For the matches I shoot thats plenty.

Are those 18 round mags?

Is the LRBHO functional?

Edited by Jasper