I have an aluminum softball bat I obtained for this purpose but I haven't figured the best way to attach "tactical protrusions" to the business end.

Id look into some self tapping screws. They hold pretty damn good, at least the ones I use at work do.

The plan was/is to get some of these;

post-41803-0-66770900-1366405439.jpg

...and some all thread, drill a hole straight through and attach one on each end. Having a hex base would allow them to be tightened. Might not hold up too well if used on more solid objects but on softer "material"....

• Like 1

Thread all would be best for something like that. Just go all the way through and dont leave too much sticking out on the ends, and it should provide you with plenty of tightness on both ends. That would work great.

• Like 1

Although very primitive, I found this piece of driftwood on the beach in Port Aransas, wrapped one end with cord, and gave it to my wife for when I was offshore for months at a time. She still has this Fred Flintstone club by her side of the bed now for 22 years.

post-45976-0-27139700-1366429379_thumb.png

post-45976-0-63157900-1366429401_thumb.png

• Like 3

Sorry if I am a buzzkill, but other than just liking it, what is the point?

If the threat is serious enough (lethal threat) to justify use of a spiked bat (lethal force), it would justify grabbing a gun instead (lethal force). In that situation, why would you spend valuable time grabbing anything other than the very most effective.

That said,

I did a bit of help with a murder trial where the killer murdered his best friend with a cheapo gas station folding knife and was chasing the victim's wife around. Murderer pretty much looks like frankenstein's monster sans bolts. A neighbor heard the commotion and held the murderer at bay until the cops came. Neighbor was a thin balding ~34 year old guy with a home made mace made of scrap metal welded to a jack handle. I thought there was a good chance the sharp bits would break off if you hit something hard. It was pretty crude. It was interesting though how often a huge villain with overwhelming power will stop at any resistance. There was a fence in between them, so there wasn't even much chance the hero could have even got a swing at the killer or vice-versa. The guy with the mace just ran around back and forth around the fence to cut him off any time the killer tried to find a way out. Other neighbors corroborated all of this. I wouldn't go so far as to say that you should insert yourself into a fight where you are outmatched, but this guy did and probably prevented a murder.

The point is.. we were very young when we got together. Too young to purchase guns or even cigarettes. Though she carries a .380, she has always loved the fact that I found, made and gave to her something that could possibly protect her while I was away. Not to mention, you should see her swing that thing. Way back when, we did not have to worry about intruders having firearms, (I know, horse and buggy days) Most thugs back then were just as scared as she was, especially seeing a short little girl swinging a cave man bat.

Has to be open carried GA SB-291 amended knifes for concealed to my knowledge in 2010

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126
Carrying a concealed weapon

(a) A person commits the offense of carrying a concealed weapon when such person knowingly has or carries about his or her person, unless in an open manner and fully exposed to view, any bludgeon, knuckles whether made from metal, thermoplastic, wood, or other similar material, firearm, knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character outside of his or her home or place of business, except as permitted under this Code section.

(B) Upon conviction of the offense of carrying a concealed weapon, a person shall be punished as follows:

(1) For the first offense, he or she shall be guilty of a misdemeanor; and

(2) For the second offense, and for any subsequent offense, he or she shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned for not less than two years and not more than five years.

Old School clubs...

The black one in the middle (African) is my Fav!

It's more like a Cricket bat. Flat on the sides - tapered on the ends and good swinging weight.

The others are Indain, Maylay, Polynesian or African "nob-Keri's"

Macbeau...

post-1473-0-80655800-1367069518_thumb.jpg

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 4
Old School clubs...

The black one in the middle (African) is my Fav!

It's more like a Cricket bat. Flat on the sides - tapered on the ends and good swinging weight.

Macbeau...

Looks similar to the paddle my Mom used to use on us kids when we were acting out. They were homemade by my neighbor but my Mom drilled holes in hers so it could move faster through the air. Still remember that sound lol...kids now days dont have a clue. I can attest to the effectiveness of the design. Works great!!!