This should be interesting. (hopefully)

Well I finally got around to picking up my 2nd pair of Corcoran's. I must say that Im again pleased with what I have received. This time around I picked up a pair of the 1525 leather 10" field boot. As with anything Corcoran, I have no regrets.

post-32793-0-55445900-1366421776_thumb.jpg

post-32793-0-26675900-1366421802_thumb.jpg

post-32793-0-55716900-1366421826_thumb.jpg

post-32793-0-78182700-1366421844_thumb.jpg

What Ive worn in the Corps, the model 1998, was a great boot and cant say enough for them, but I always wanted something a bit taller, such as my Jungle boots. For some reason, I was always a fan of taller boots.

8" boots are great for me, but just not enough for my lame ass. YMMV

I did have a pair of the 4949 DT waterproof fields but it was a tad too thick and hot for my wearabouts. I still want to try a pair of their 10" 5407 Tanker boots. Ive always loved the way those boots looked. Never been able to try them on since Ive started liking them.

Id also suggest the offerings from Danner as well as others.

What say you?

I really cant remember what my first pair of ICB's were TBH, but good boots are hard to beat, regardless of who makes them. Danner does make a pretty badass pair of boots. When my brother was in Iraq, they all raved about the Oakley boots, but I never really seen what it was about. Maybe someone can fill me in? Im kinda old school in a sense.

Ive herd good things about Carolina's, but never had the chance to try them out.

original made in England DMS! FTW!

I have had the same pair since 1987.. Wore them just about every day in the corps and still wear them regularly..

on 2nd re sole..

Nothing for nothing, I dont mind my Justin Ropers for work. lol.

My parents wear Whites boots. They went to the Whites factory in Washington State(?) to have their feet fitted and then have the boots custom made for them. That just seemed a bit over-the-top for me...........

Tony

Over the top, maybe. But that depends on who you ask my friend....

And Georgia is a nice boot as well Mike. I also like my certain makes of Tony Lamas'.

I have had the same pair since 1987.. Wore them just about every day in the corps and still wear them regularly..

on 2nd re sole..

Can you speculate Juggs? Im a fan of good footware my friend.

Heheh - when you wear em every day - you wear what's comfortable and functional. I'm a big fan of comfortable and functional. I'm also a big fan of steel toes.

• Like 3
Heheh - when you wear em every day - you wear what's comfortable and functional. I'm a big fan of comfortable and functional. I'm also a big fan of steel toes.

Mike, I do agree, but I do have to disagree to a point. Only reason being is that I work outdoors and in, and the winter months here can bring a strong sting to the feet when it comes to steel toes. I do like having a harder toe though. But Ive learned that its not a necessity. I look for waterproof, breathability, and the shank. Its gotta have a good shank. Theres nothing I hate more than stepping on fuckin rusty nail and having it draw blood. lol.

Perhaps this is more based on location, but I feel that good boots begin with a good sole, good shank, insulation to a point and good flexibility.

This is a good thread so far, thanks for the great replies fellas.

• Like 1

You guys won't beleive me but but I wore Whites for 15 years nd wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are a good boot but the quality has taken a turn. Oh, yes Tony, they are in Spokane WA. If I were to go with a logger boot again, I would buy Nick's. Also built in Spokane.

Due to the high heel of logger boots my Achilles started to give me fits. It let to lots of issues in my feet. So, many years/miles later, I went to a flatter soled boot. Believe it or not, I am soooo much better off in either Lowa Baffin's or Scarpa Fuegos. They last about half as long but only cost half as much. Basically the price is a wash.

When you put as many miles on your feet as I do with heavy loads and hideous terrain, you gotta have happy feet. That said, I still haven't found the perfect boot.

• Like 1
Nothing for nothing, I dont mind my Justin Ropers for work. lol.

My parents wear Whites boots. They went to the Whites factory in Washington State(?) to have their feet fitted and then have the boots custom made for them. That just seemed a bit over-the-top for me...........

Tony

Over the top, maybe. But that depends on who you ask my friend....

And Georgia is a nice boot as well Mike. I also like my certain makes of Tony Lamas'.

on 2nd re sole..

Can you speculate Juggs? Im a fan of good footware my friend.

I;ll dig em out and get some pics...

Hoffmans are my favorite (search; Hoffman boots). 100% US made. Super comfortable. I wear their 15" "Powerline" model all day when on the clock. They're the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever worked in and climbed in. Double steel shanks, super thick rebuildable Vibram soul, steel toe.

For casual non working conditions, I like Doc Martins. The air wear soul they use is very comfortable.

Edited by Mullet Man
I really cant remember what my first pair of ICB's were TBH, but good boots are hard to beat, regardless of who makes them. Danner does make a pretty badass pair of boots. When my brother was in Iraq, they all raved about the Oakley boots, but I never really seen what it was about. Maybe someone can fill me in? Im kinda old school in a sense.

Ive herd good things about Carolina's, but never had the chance to try them out.

The Oakley boots were simply the lightest and most breathable 'authorized' boots available to many units... though most Marine units I encountered still limited you to only the approved ICBs or hot weather boots with the EGA unless you obtained some kind of medical waiver. They weren't particularly durable or anything, but they only had to get you through 7 months to a year of deployment... more of which was spent pushing a gas pedal than it was humping gear anyway. In photos and vids from Afghanistan I notice a lot of the guys wearing Merrell Moabs, but I can't imagine a light hiker like that would hold up to the amount of hoofing that takes place over there.

• Like 1

I haven't found a pair that will last longer than 6 months. masonry is hard on boots. danners and gorgia suck in the warenty department. I ware them every day and grease them regularly but still the sole falls off or the stiching fails usualy

• Like 1

026-1_zps9f4bf737.jpg

Most all I own is boots. The Belleville boots are comfy for work. Red wings for the winter outside work. The loggers and 60's vintage mountain issue are the normal wear. The Czech leg boots are tanks!!! In my locker at the nuke plant right now is a pair of Rothco steel toe jungles that are holding up fine... but I wouldn't buy another pair.

Man had to go all the way to the bottom for Bates zippers, been in them for decades.

Hey Captain you better get the brush out, my daughters boots have more shine than them Corcoran's naaaa.gif

I'll have too now. lol

• Like 1