Another vote for Danner -- I've got two pair of the 10 inch "Fort Lewis" boots and worn em since 1980. They will outlast me. If anyone is heading to Portland Oregon, Danner has an outlet store with extremely excellent prices (50-60 percent savings) -- just sayin.

Oh, and whoever said to "get out the brush" to shine up a pair of boots has never seen a highly shined pair -- get out the freakin cotton balls!

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 2 sets of go to work boots I am impressed with. I have been on the fence about getting a pair of White's because I too am not used to/not sure if I like the high heel. I traverse raw land every day, no trails, forest/swamps/fields/2:1 slopes/etc. with 2 hands and a back full of gear.

So here is what I have right now, they have served me very well but the merrells I knew getting into them might be a 1 year boot if that.

This is my day to day go-to footwear, I was skeptical because they are lightweight and comfy but they have worked out very well so far 6 months in.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/28999M/69249/Mens/Geomorph-Blaze-Mid-Waterproof?dimensions=0

For the deep shit, downpours, swamps, mud I've not found a better boot than "Muckboots". They aren't your typical rubber fireman's boots, they breath (sort of) and don't give you blisters. They also hug your foot. The downside is summer weather, they do get a little warm.

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/Products/Pages/ChoreHi.aspx

I DO need some suggestions about permanent boots though. Danner is out, they're 90% chinese garbage now. White's...idk, I've heard great things but that heel. I want a custom made for each foot pair, under $600

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up a new pair of Danner Desert Acadia's a few years back on Ebay for $30 brand new. Great boots and still can't believe I got them for that price:

26000_1_11.jpg

Also recently picked up a pair of Bates Desert Hikers. Like them but still haven't got them completely broken in:

mens-belleville-950-combat-hiker-olive.j

For colder weather I wear the old intermediate combat boot:

419tpOI3LkL._SX395_.jpg

And a pair of fleece lined East German pilot boots:

03b0.jpg

Those are toasty warm but only good if it's cold and dry. I've got many other different pairs but the ones pictured are in the main rotation right now...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

Yes some Danner boots are made in China. They will state what ones on their website. I only buy boots that are made here. I just dont give a fuck for boots that are made by chinese sweatshops with shitty materials.

• 3 months later...

I'm really happy with my 5.11s...They were hell for a week and a half until I broke them in and then insanely comfortable/durable after that.  I've had them for over a year now, wear them to work every day.  Granted, I'm not doing heavy labor.  They have a few varieties, I got the 'Storm' (waterproof and blood borne pathogen resistant, I guess for the EMTs). 

I obtained a pair of New Balance tan boots which appear to be well made and are comfortable over my wide feet.  At work I grabbed a mop out of a mop bucket I thought had water in it and dribbled some on my left boot.  Turns out the bucket had a wax/water mixture in it so the drops I though would dry are now as dark as they ever were.

Anyone know of the best way to try and clean this up?  I know they'll never look new but I'd like to

minimize the spots.

post-41803-0-68687500-1391386921.jpg

I obtained a pair of New Balance tan boots which appear to be well made and are comfortable over my wide feet. At work I grabbed a mop out of a mop bucket I thought had water in it and dribbled some on my left boot. Turns out the bucket had a wax/water mixture in it so the drops I though would dry are now as dark as they ever were.

Anyone know of the best way to try and clean this up? I know they'll never look new but I'd like to

minimize the spots.

attachicon.gifnb.jpg

I've never seen basketball boots before. Just teasing.

I'm wearing Itascas right now. A super comfortable hiking boot.

All of my military boots sucked ass.

Edited by Sim_Player