Sounds like orders given by Eric holder to not read him his rights although he is a naturalized citizen. This means using the ndaa they can just pull you in and not give you any rights if they suspect you of terrorism or anything else.

That is to be certain there is no imminent danger of more bombings from someone else associated with these two. They also said anything he discloses can't be used in court against him. I think they have enough on him for court purposes anyway.

I think he didn't read him his miranda rights to set a precedent under circumstances where no one will complain.

I bet there is a "secret" declaration that he is an enemy combatant. I bet Mao is attempting to set the precedent that he can get away with this with citizens. Once he does it, and gets away with it, then he just does it again and if you ever complain, he says "Hey, you already told me it was okay by not complaining before when I did it to a citizen. The precedent has already been set."

We should be yelling from the rooftops right now.

• Like 1

WASHINGTON -- A Justice Department official says the Boston Marathon bombing suspect will not be read his Miranda rights because the government is invoking a public safety exception.

That official and a second person briefed on the investigation says 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will be questioned by a special interrogation team for high-value suspects. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to disclose the information publicly.

The public safety exception permits law enforcement officials to engage in a limited and focused unwarned interrogation of a suspect and allows the government to introduce the statement as evidence in court. The public safety exception is triggered when police officers have an objectively reasonable need to protect the police or the public from immediate danger.

This isn't to get intel out of the guy, it's so there is no record of what they tell him he needs to say. Dig hard enough and this will lead right back to Barry.

So far his track record is great. Just look at Immigration, Fast & Furious, and Bengazi. He's linked to every one of them and they have all come out roses with no consiquences.

Edited by liberty -r- death
  • Like 3

I just wonder if the Miranda rights are read to those who might have been possibly put into "indefinate detention". This illegimate government continues to overstep their bounds on a daily basis by trampling on our first and second amendment rights, and usually without even blinking an eye, and now they're worried about this terrorist's Miranda rights?

Where is this "public safety exception" in the public laws of the US? They can make up all they want, but the 4th and 5th amendment are pretty clear and do not say anything about public safety exceptions. I haven't looked but if someone knows where this is, I'd love to know. For now, I have to get back to yardwork.

The traitors in the government will use any excuse to further their attack on the country and Constitution. If they can make an "exception because of special danger" on one citizen (even if he shouldn't be one in the first place, but that's another topic), then they can make it on *any* citizen for any reason they make up in their own heads. Which is what they are really after, to try to set precedents for their crimes to not be challenged.

The real enemy isn't a couple scumbag towel heads from Chechnya, it's the traitors right here in this country. They're trying to turn the country into a third world ghetto and murder us all, so the commies can rule over the pathetic slaves that are left over afterwards, and that's far more dangerous than some crazy arabs setting off a few bombs.

• Like 2

Why didn't they just say that they read him his rights and nobody would be discussing this. The guy is an American citizen. Read him his rights, and then proceed to drill the crap out of him until he breaks. What's so hard about that?

This is why I was hoping this would been ended in the streets...I got a box of shells that says he does not get the death penalty.

I was hoping Boston's finest would have put him down like the animal he is...now we are going to have to listen to this PC bullshit for years....If he knew anything he wouldn't allowed himself to be taken alive...They are also saying that his throat is damaged and he may not be able to talk...

When this guy set a bomb off with the intent of murdering hundreds of American citizens he lost any rights he may have had IMHO.

So if the government points the finger at any of us we don't deserve any rights to fight it in court? Let's just allow them to black bag everyone, and call everyone a terrorist and whisk people away using the NDAA. Great idea.

• Like 3

I never even hinted at such a thing. Not into the 'thought police' BS. He shouldn't lose his rights because they think he may do something. He renounced any citizenship he had when he set out to murder Americans simply because they are Americans and succeeded. He is nothing more than a terrorist scumbag. If anyone catches me doing what he did, please put a bullet between my eyes. People that do that lose all rights to even breathe.

• Like 1
I never even hinted at such a thing. Not into the 'thought police' BS. He shouldn't lose his rights because they think he may do something. He renounced any citizenship he had when he set out to murder Americans simply because they are Americans and succeeded. He is nothing more than a terrorist scumbag. If anyone catches me doing what he did, please put a bullet between my eyes. People that do that lose all rights to even breathe.

Point is his being a citizen, sets a precedent for removal of other citizens rights when suspected of a crime. We'll see how it turns out for the supposed "ricin mailer".

• Like 1

^^^ well said.

The thing is, the ALLEGED terrorist is still a citizen. As soon as we abandon the rights of one citizen, we weaken our chance of having those same rights. That's why the ACLU once helped the Nazi groups in the US (I hate illinois nazis.)

Did you see him plant the bomb? And if you did, should I trust your word? Would you trust mine? The fact is, none of us were there, and even if we were, we aren't going to the take the word of another, we are citizens. As soon as we take of the word of another, it means someone else's word may be taken to convict us wrongly.

That said, if he did do it, and he was actually smart as an MIT student should be, he should have shot himself before this. I'd hate to be him now, innocent or guilty.

• Like 2
When this guy set a bomb off with the intent of murdering hundreds of American citizens he lost any rights he may have had IMHO.
This isn't about this piece of garbage, he shouldn't even be in this country. The problem is the commies in government will use such precedents against *us* later on, get it? This isn't about towel heads or some other third world trash, it is *us* they want to control, we're the real target. They don't care how many people this dirt bag killed, it is the patriots who are the threat to their wealth and power (the only thing they do actually care about). They violate the Constitution every day, commit treason routinely, and what is done about it? So far, *nothing*. And so they will continue to do it, more and more, worse and worse, until they are stopped.

Next it will be "white supremacists", "militia members", "right wing extremists", etc. they they will label as "terrorists", basically any white person who isn't a traitor or willing to be enslaved and have his country stolen and his people murdered, but rather intends to see such things stopped. Then it will be *you*, *your* family and friends, patriots all across the country that they will deny their rights to do, seize without warrants, without public charges being filed, without having to present proper evidence, held without communication indefinitely, because it's an "emergency situation" and "public safety is endangered", etc.

Look at what they are doing to Edgar Steele as we speak for proof of how low they are willing to stoop. Fabricated audio evidence while being denied the opportunity to present an expert witness (he had testified for police often before, and was very reliable) who was ready to testify showing the audio tapes to be clearly fake, being held without most mail even being delivered to him, including legal mail, etc. All because the fbi didn't like his political views and what he had to say. If it can be done to one guy, it can be done to *you*. So this has nothing to do with this towel head maggot from Chechnya, it has to do with protecting *our* rights, because they *will* use any such precedents for evil purposes later on.

Maybe that's why they didn't read him his rights in the first place, an idiotic thing to do normally. They wanted to pick an nice example to set the legal precedent for denying American citizens their rights because the government *says* you do not deserve them. But to make it easy for the American people to swallow, they needed a really really unsympathetic test case, and here comes the murdering towel head terrorist, how convenient for them, perfect opportunity for them to try to get away with denying basic Constitutional rights. Do *not* fall for it. They should have just killed this scum, but they didn't. And now to protect *our* rights we have to go through all the legal stuff and make sure the Constitution is followed. To protect *us* from the commie traitors, not to protect him. I know it's disgusting, we're going to waste millions on this now and feed that scum fruit loops for breakfast, but we have to make sure the Constitution is not violated, to protect our freedoms. In the future, simply keep them all out, problem solved, but for now, we're stuck with this mess.

• Like 2

Funny how the left objected to anything like this when Bush was the President.

But now that Obama is in there, it's all good.

It's always fine when your side is in power and shits on the Constitution in the name of public safety.

Edited by Dancing Bear
  • Like 2

Whenever you point the ominous nature of these decisions be the executive branch you'll always hear the left scream "Bush did it first". So fucking what, I didn't like him either. Same reason why 8 years after Bush was elected the second time, the only reason half of them could come up with to vote for Obama was "bush was the worst president ever" (guess they saw it as a competition).

• Like 1

The 'public safety exemption' was developed to give prosecutors more leeway when introducing incriminating statements made by people immediately after arrest and before being read Miranda rights. I think the idea was that when an arresting officer, for example, 'questions' a suspect in regards to things of immediate concern, i.e. 'where'd the gun go, scumbag!?' or 'where are your homies hiding at?!', that responses to those questions can be admitted as evidence even though Miranda had not yet been read. It's unlikely responses to those questions will make or break any case but it will go towards establishing the extent of a defendant's knowledge of or involvement in a crime.

Why it was being used in regards to Tsarnaev... I have no idea. The real intent of the exemption doesn't really apply in this situation. It's not meant to be used to delay Miranda rights from being read at all.

I will say it doesn't have anything to do with him being declared an 'enemy combatant' or the NDAA... and why on earth would there be a 'secret declaration' of him as an enemy combatant by the White House? What purpose would that serve? Some of you stretch the Oboogey-man rhetoric pretty far sometimes...

Edited by Risky
  • Like 1

Not sure who discussed secret declarations, but it has been of record that there are "secret laws". If that doesn't make you suspect anything the administration is accused of, I don't know what will.

w/r/t the court ruling, you are spot on. But, from this ruling, the DOJ crafted a rule to the FBI which expanded upon it to allow delays of miranda of rights until such time, up to 48 hours I believe, as the questioners have found the best answers they have to any suspicions with regard to the suspects' knowledge of other things. Again, ridiculous overreach, but what else do you expect from these administrations these days.

Not sure who discussed secret declarations, but it has been of record that there are "secret laws". If that doesn't make you suspect anything the administration is accused of, I don't know what will.

Care to elaborate? The closest thing to a secret law that I'm aware of is the secret drone ROE policy. A secret law insinuates that you can be charged with violating it without anyway of knowing about it... then, being charged with it would also eliminate the secrecy of it.