Horizontal Mag Holder

• 2 weeks later...

Received the horizontal mag holders earlier in the week. I've been able to wear them around the house off and on for last couple days and have been very pleased so far. There is no jabbing my side when sitting or moving around.

What seems to be working best so far :

XD9SC 13rd mag at 11:00 and the pistol appendix. The mag holder doesn't side on the belt with the shorter mag. The 16rd mag will slide back to a belt loop if not pulled properly. It just takes some practice to keep the holder from sliding back some. Even when it does it seems like a non-problem for me.

I like the 1911 mag holder (7 or 8rd) at 2:00 with pistol in OWB at 3:30. It is a nice smooth set up without any sliding of mag holder.

Both described ways do not print on me with button down un-tucked shirts. It is nice to have a spare mag without the discomfort I've experienced with vertical holders.

M_H1_zpsab3e2c3e.jpg

M_H2_zps7bf58a9a.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So where are you wearing these postion-wise? Seems to me like it may be more comfortable to wear every day but not afford the easiest or should I say most efficient access to your reload. I guess I may have too much time using verticals but it seems to me, indexing your mags so the rounds point toward your strong or firing side will allow you a quicker reload. At least that is how I was trained and it works well.

MT Predator

XD9SC 13rd mag at 11:00 with pistol IWB appendix, 1911 mag at 2:00 with pistol OWB at 3:30.

I have no formal training so it's all a learning experience for me. Can believe how changing habits would be a challenge, especially if your already comfortable with how you do it.

There is a spot on the holder that is designed to help with indexing.

With the limited practice so far the 1911 holder is tight and performs well. The XD holder is more loose but stays put till you pull it (unless you get it caught on something). Shorter mags conceal and perform better.