So my Dinzag package arrived today

My form 1 for my SLR106ur came back approved last month so I went down and got it engraved. I also ordered a 11 degree crowning tool from Brian @ Dinzag Arms. Big thanks to him and much praise to his company. Great guy. Always a pleasure doing business with him. So it came today and I chopped my barrel and re-crowned it. Took it out to test fire and it works great! I couldn't be happier. I took a couple of pictures to share:

post-24335-0-80706100-1366681086_thumb.jpgpost-24335-0-84513500-1366681089_thumb.jpgpost-24335-0-17841300-1366681119_thumb.jpg

photo-7_zps968cadab.jpg

Oh, forgot to mention, I decided to blue my Khyber Pass. Came out nice if I do say so myself.

DBE9B95F_zps8e74f9a0.jpg

Edited by AZG
  • Like 2

Congrats! Looks great!

Question for you, did you throw on the faux booster to add barrel length due to it being 5.56? Or do you have some other plans in mind?

I have passed on the 106UR models because I didn't want to go that short in a 5.56 in an AK. But recently I've begun to talk myself into one. Once my newly acquired 106CR goes back to Arsenal for repair (and the F1 is approved) I wanna cut my barrel to .5" from the 24mm threads and thread it 1/2x28 so I can run a suppressor or cover it up with a booster.

• Like 1
Congrats! Looks great!

Question for you, did you throw on the faux booster to add barrel length due to it being 5.56? Or do you have some other plans in mind?

I have passed on the 106UR models because I didn't want to go that short in a 5.56 in an AK. But recently I've begun to talk myself into one. Once my newly acquired 106CR goes back to Arsenal for repair (and the F1 is approved) I wanna cut my barrel to .5" from the 24mm threads and thread it 1/2x28 so I can run a suppressor or cover it up with a booster.

Thanks bro,

Yes, I added the FauxBooster to keep some of the barrel length for the 5.56 round. Ive been thinking of threading it for a flash hider but dont really need it at this point. Happy how it is. It sure does give off a blast though.

That sounds like a good idea, I have that done for my Draco 104 SBR but are 14x1LH. I have my CR at 16", Saiga M in .223 at 20" , now the 106ur @ 12", and my Tavor will be my 18" 5.56. Thats it for my .223/556 collection.

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1