who sales new parts ?

i am looking for a new complete 308 bolt ...who has them ? why somebody butchered the back of the bolt at app.45* ...this is not nice !

You and me both, except I'm missing my whole bolt. RWC are the only ones that can get them. Email them and ask for one. If we can get enough requests, then they might do it. KVAR has in the past had factory 7.62x39 & 5.45, .223 bolts to sell , so the Russians will sell them. Here's the website...bugem, I've asked twice with the first responce being that they're getting some and the 2nd being they don't have any and don't know if they will get them. http://www.rwcgroupllc.com/

Edited by HKaltwasser

K-var has extra bolts in 7.62, 5.45, & 223 because their sister company [Arsenal] imports thousands of these guns, but they don't bring in the .308 Saiga. There are no extra Saiga parts in the US for 308.

Edited by N4KVE
this is sorry about no parts ...looked at RWC ..i will be e-mailing them next !

No doubt. If RWC doesn't ever get them like they said they would, it would nice if we could find someone to make a couple for us. The problem is that I traded my old Saiga 308 and don't have a bolt to take any where to get a price.

Edited by HKaltwasser
i am looking for a new complete 308 bolt ...who has them ? why somebody butchered the back of the bolt at app.45* ...this is not nice !
Does the gun shoot? What do you mean by 'back of the bolt'? Can you post a pic, I would like to see it.

Some of us tried to have critical spares made up for the Saiga 12 and Saiga 7.62x51. This included complete bolts, extractors and 7.62x51 firing pins with springs. Possibly carriers. I failed bigtime. The price $quoted$ even for 24 pieces was...to say the least...astronomical!! Like $150 for an extractor and $500 for a complete bolt.

Actually, this makes sense. Lots of development and lead time and money involved. Lots of developement, machining, heat treatments and liability. Even then the custom machine shop located in Oregon was very leery of doing any business. No $pay back$ for them, which I understand. Too low of volume for profit.

You are probably screwed. Sorry. The only other answer is to buy whole new/used gun(s) and use it/them as a spare parts doner like in some car restorations. Sorry HB of CJ (old coot) sad.png

somebody ground an angle about 45* on the back side of the bolt ...it still shoots but i dont know of if the firing pin protrusion depth is too deep ?// east over shoe gun butchers at work again .......

Will a Saiga 7.62x39 bolt assembly fit and work? From what I understand, the 308 bolt has more locking lugs but was only added to meet U.S pressure standards or something. I just talked to a guy on AKFILES that used 74 bolt by opening the bolt face up some. I really don't want to do that even though he says it works good.. A 7.62 should be closer in specs and same bolt face dimensions. Thoughts?

Edited by HKaltwasser

As I am writing this, I am lovingly fondling one of my two, (2) complete Saiga 7.62x51, (.308) bolt heads. I do NOT have a Saiga 7.62x39 bolt head to directly eye ball and compare each other to each other with.

However...I am also comparing a 7.62x51 AP round to a FMJ 7.62x39 Russian steel case round and the diameter of the rims are quite different, with the .308 round naturally being quite visably larger than the 39.

Oh boy. Would boring out a 39 bolt head sooss it would work with a 51 round be a good idea? Probably not. The bolt head would then be too weak. The setback pressure would be greatly increased. Lug strength? Bolt face strength? The 51 is a high pressure round. The 39 greatly less.

The stress on the 51 bolt is much greater than the bolt on a 39 round. The Saiga factory choose to make the 51 larger all around for a very good reason. Are the others dimensions even the same? HB of CJ (old coot)

Unless a PTR 91 or a SS receiver CETME that I can closely inspect or an AR 10 comes along I ain't out much if the SAIGA takes a dump. Who's to say we won't ever see parts. Someone will get creative if something doesn't change.

Unless a PTR 91 or a SS receiver CETME that I can closely inspect or an AR 10 comes along I ain't out much if the SAIGA takes a dump. Who's to say we won't ever see parts. Someone will get creative if something doesn't change.

Saigas have been imported since 03 or so, about when I bought my first one. That's 10 years and no 308 bolts , so I'm losing hope. I'm just not sure I want to put any more money in to a gun that might not have a bolt group. On the other hand, I have an HK93 and a Virgin FMP 91 parts kit w/ FMP receiver build that I need to finish, that still need a couple of parts and my tig welder is acting up. So I'm not so sure about dumping more money in this Saiga if it's just gunna sit.

gus7's situation is a little different.