No bolt catch on my new S12...

no not all have them but newer ones do have BHO's (bolt hold open) you can install one if wanted its not hard, with some tools and dremel etc...

to install bolt hold open from CSS or buy a Krebs safety lever with notch cut in or mod your own.it's your own decision. anywere from $0-$60 ?

there plenty video on it and pics infobig_smile.gif here.

Just wanted to make sure. The only thing that is different, is that the bolt will not stay open on the last round... correct? Do I really need that? One other question... My gun's safety lever slides all the way into the bold window. So I want to drill a "dimple" to allow the small dent to drop in and stop the lever from going too far up the side (hope that makes sense)?

Edited by OldCopLarry

no ,bolt hold open is what it is holds bolt open when you insert new mag making easier than loading on closed bolt. you don't need it,

but it its faster than holding the gun pulling back the bolt removing spent mag and inserting new mag and making ure it lock in before letting bolt fly

last round bolt hold open is just that when last round is fired it catches the bolt is not normally found on most guns and is the hardest mods to do

on saiga 12

yes you could do that .

Edited by bobabuee
Just wanted to make sure. The only thing that is different, is that the bolt will not stay open on the last round... correct? Do I really need that? One other question... My gun's safety lever slides all the way into the bold window. So I want to drill a "dimple" to allow the small dent to drop in and stop the lever from going too far up the side (hope that makes sense)?

Larry: Look for a cut on the right side of the receiver above the trigger. If you have one then the previous owner took out the BHO. It would be easy to reinstall and I would suggest doing so. You can possibly find a BHO lever and spring at the forum e-store, Carolina Shooters Supply, or possibly Mississippi Auto Arms.

It's possible that you have an older model that didn't come with a BHO to begin with. A few more steps would be involved but you can still install one yourself.

From the pic you posted in an earlier thread, your build never came with the LRBHO. At this point in time forget you ever heard of such a thing unless you want to ship your gun out to a custom shop.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Early EAA and Kalashnikov USA imports did not have a BHO. His may not even have the slot in the floor of the receiver for it. Or as above noted, it could have just been left out by the guy who converted.

Yes, that "cut" is there. I noticed in the conversion videos, it was suggested to grind the tab down a little. I will assume that it was removed in the conversion. My only concern was that it needed to be there. As long as I can still use it without, I'm not going to worry about it, and simply "rack" the bolt when the mag is empty. Not an issue then... thanks for the input. The guy who sold this to me (GunBrokers), said it was factory converted, and NIB. It is... in fact, brand new.

Edited by OldCopLarry

I never reinstalled my BHO after conversion. I do not miss it. Instead, I did as you can see here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/85885-safety-lever-with-bho/

It's simple and works better in my opinion. As a bonus, you get style points! I think it goes well with this weapon platform's industrial looks. Of course looks are the last thing I would ever base a weapon decision on...

Thanks Clint...

Sally, Clint mentioned it in an above response: "You can possibly find a BHO lever and spring at the forum e-store, Carolina Shooters Supply, or possibly Mississippi Auto Arms". If it's that easy to do, I may order the part (if I find one) and open this thing up.

• Like 1
Since the question has been pretty much answered.... Where can one find a LRBHO kit for sale?

Thanks Clint...

Sally, Clint mentioned it in an above response: "You can possibly find a BHO lever and spring at the forum e-store, Carolina Shooters Supply, or possibly Mississippi Auto Arms". If it's that easy to do, I may order the part (if I find one) and open this thing up.

Actually what's going on here is a confusion between the BHO and LRBHO. BHO's are common and available pretty much at any store that caters to the S-12. The LRBHO is almost unobtainable. Rusmilitary imported one batch a while ago and I haven't seen them since. Some members who jumped on that order found out the hard way how difficult it is to install so yes they do occasionally show up in the WTS section of the forum.

I'll come back later and post pictures of the LRBHO kit for a visual.

Since the question has been pretty much answered.... Where can one find a LRBHO kit for sale?

Thanks Clint...

Actually what's going on here is a confusion between the BHO and LRBHO. BHO's are common and available pretty much at any store that caters to the S-12. The LRBHO is almost unobtainable. Rusmilitary imported one batch a while ago and I haven't seen them since. Some members who jumped on that order found out the hard way how difficult it is to install so yes they do occasionally show up in the WTS section of the forum.

I'll come back later and post pictures of the LRBHO kit for a visual.

LRBHO kit Cadiz Gun Works has them for $80.00 not listed on site but has kits in stock I thinking of trying the mod. I talked to them last month. does not look to bad if have good tools and some fab experience.

The LRBHO kit from Cadiz is a custom modification. I am apprehensive. What magazines work with this modificaion? Does it work with the magwell like the OEM LRBHO? I am not sold on anyone's custom LRBHO kit until these questions are answered.

Here's a picture of the OEM kit...

post-35052-0-19337800-1366773983_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of the OEM LRBHO along side the standard BHO. The LRBHO model is on top...

post-35052-0-95760400-1366774100_thumb.jpg

What doesn't come with the LRBHO kit is this piece. Can someone tell me what it's called?

post-35052-0-42051600-1366774226_thumb.jpg

I think most mags smg and agp would work? magwell not sure not into it but mags need to be modded to fit in magwell anyway so.

to bad cant get hold of the orginal kit copy it. does not look hard to copy.

Edited by bobabuee

I'm pretty sure there's a little piece you need to add to normal mags to get them to work. I seen someone had kits and the mag pieces for sale in tnr archives, I'll see if I can find it again.

or look into the receiver from the top without the bolt and carrier?

thanks

I have to clean it this week, so I will get some more informative pics. Functionally, it has been perfect.

thanks, I would expect that from Cadiz Gun Works just looking for some good pics of install before I order kit to do myself. since they are not doing any at this moment.

So I got bored tonight and finally decided to try to take better pics of the LRBHO. I can tell you it is a bitch trying to get enough light in the receiver to take shitty cell phone shots. Let me know if there are any other angles you want and I will give it a shot (pun intended).

null_zps312d0f41.jpg

null_zps5c3cffec.jpg

null_zps351b4012.jpg

null_zps2b20ff1f.jpg

• Like 1