• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've carried a gun all day every day since about 1995 and I will tell you, the holster is more important than the gun. I tiny pistol in a shitty holster will do you in, after an hour. Most guys on t

I don't think anyone has anything particularly against revolvers. In all honesty, they are actually cooler in function and appearance. However, the low capacity and difficulty in reloading is what t

Coincidentally I got this little guy from Dan Clarke today. Great communication, fast shipping, the best price I found, THANKS Dan!  

Posted Images

i prefer a little bit bigger than a pocket gun, but not by much....

Me too. Those tiny .380's are appealing for conceal, but I'd hate shooting one. 9mm is as small as I want to go.

• Like 1

M&P Shield .40, shoots great and conceals great in a Supertuck. Even though it has a little kick, it is no where near as bad as other .40's I've shot. Feels good in your hand and has just enough rounds to get you out of a bad situation.

, nor high-capacity, as a Semi-auto.

exactly. when the cops only have a 20% hit rate, thats 1 bullet out of a revolver on target. thats not enough for me.... give me 16 or give me!!!!....

how about this, carry both? like an airwieght and a double stack 9?

but you are right, as murphy said.... it also comes down to luck, if it isnt your day, well, hope you are right with the Lord!

CZ 75 PCR or the railed equiv, if you want a rail that is.

boom! cz for the win, and so soon in the thread! i expected to see alot more glock and kahr responses before ya got in there...

i have ordered like 5 czs in the last 10 days. 1 85, 1 83, 2 75 semi compacts and 2 alloy compacts... i am stoked.

tell me more about not using full size mags in the compact. i didnt know that was a no no.

and comfort is everything. since i work where i do, i cant carry to or from work, and dont go out during the week, so i dont have a permit... but if i did, i am leaning towards capacity, and a new york reload...

• Like 1

German police trade-in Sig P6 stuffed with 124 gr +P non-bonded Golden Sabres in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC with a reload and/or a Keltec P3AT loaded with a Buffalo Bore "+P" 95 gr Gold Dot in the chamber and the rest of the mag is Remington FMJ in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster...sometimes with a reload.

Smith & Wesson M&P Sheild 9mm or Springfeild XDs in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Anyone have a decent amount of trigger time with these two? They are at the top of my list for my next CCW. I really like the M&P line but have very limited XD exp.

Revolvers NEVER jam......

All I will say about that is it's possible to get a spent shell casing stuck under the extractor star if the muzzle isn't skyward while ejecting shells. That will turn the revolver into a hammer for a bit. At work I have a S&W .38 Spl. on for 8 hours a day (Departmental Issue). It get's heavy.

I carry a SA XD9sc in a Crossbreed Supertuck. It's comfortable and hides well.

I also have a S&W Bodyguard .380 that I carry in a Red Dog Gunleather pocket holster that rides like a wallet. I added a leather pad where cut-out is in front of the trigger guard on the pocket holster. It definitely help hide the shape of the gun. Don't forget, YOU asked for it... There's a picture of my ass with the holster in use.

Man, I can't wait to get my crossbreed now. I'mma be able to get so much deeper and that will be saaweeet.

Thanks for the pics!

Hey, you're welcome. They're adjustable for height and cant. You can reholster easily. And it's guaranteed forever.

Do you ever have flakes of kydex chip off into crevices on the gun? I had a White Hat IWB (which is pretty much identical to the Supertuck) do this. The company sent me a replacement kydex piece but it just chipped in a different spot. I have never had good experiences with any kydex holster I owned.

I think the M&P line is going to be a keeper. Those that have XD's love them. I had an XDS that FTE'd 10 times in one day and was gone the next. Could have been the gun, could have been my wife limp wristing, IDK. Thinking about the XDS after it was gone, I don't like the extra palm safety. I don't need or want it. If I were hurt and possibly shooting very weak handed, I don't want that to hinder me. I think some worry too much about safety's. If I ever need to use my weapon, all I want to worry about is pulling the trigger. No other gadgets or bull shit.

Around this house, every gun is treated as ready to fire. My son called me one day because his airsoft gun was put in a holster by my other son, so he was not sure whether it was his airsoft or one of mine even though I never leave mine laying around. Needless to say, he got a lot of praise for doing the right thing when he wasn't sure as he knows all my shit is ready to go.

Ive had the M&P 9, 357/40 and 45. All full size. I eventually settled on the 45 because at that time I had other 9s, didnt care for the 357 (ammo price) and the 45 was the only one in that cal that I had, so I kept it.

All 3 guns were great. The 357 first 2 shots were failure to extract but afterwards flawless. I didnt care for the trigger on the 9. It never smoothed out as much as I hoped (this was before the new triggers being installed in the current models). The 45 I bought used and it already had the Apex kit and night sights installed. Its very accurate and has been reliable and problem free from the day I bought it. All the 9 and 45 handled Wolf and Tula ammo just fine. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another M&P especially with the better triggers they've been installing in them.

EDIT

One thing you want to look for in the M&P line is their safeties otherwise you might get something you dont want. There are 3 versions.

1. No safeties.

2. Thumb safety. Like a 1911. Can be removed if desired

3. Mag safety. Drop the mag and the gun wont fire.

#3 is what most people miss. There is nothing on the gun to indicate that it has one what you have to look for is the lack of warning. "WARNING GUN CAPABLE OF FIRING WITHOUT MAGAZINE". Also if you rack the slide, drop the mag and pull the trigger nathing will happen.

Just letting you know. Some people love that feature some dont. If you dont, make sure you look for it

Edited by Arik
I wouldnt hesitate to buy another M&P especially with the better triggers they've been installing in them.

EDIT

One thing you want to look for in the M&P line is their safeties otherwise you might get something you dont want. There are 3 versions.

1. No safeties.

2. Thumb safety. Like a 1911. Can be removed if desired

3. Mag safety. Drop the mag and the gun wont fire.

#3 is what most people miss. There is nothing on the gun to indicate that it has one what you have to look for is the lack of warning. "WARNING GUN CAPABLE OF FIRING WITHOUT MAGAZINE". Also if you rack the slide, drop the mag and pull the trigger nathing will happen.

Just letting you know. Some people love that feature some dont. If you dont, make sure you look for it

I love the trigger on the M&Ps. I don't think I ever shot one with the old trigger.

I learned about the mag safety at the range yesterday. I rented a M&P 9mm with mag safety, then while looking at the prices, I noticed many of them said, "WARNING GUN CAPABLE OF FIRING WITHOUT MAGAZINE". I asked about them in the shop and the workers never noticed it. Does the Shield come in all 3 variants as well?

Anyone have a decent amount of trigger time with these two? They are at the top of my list for my next CCW. I really like the M&P line but have very limited XD exp.

All I will say about that is it's possible to get a spent shell casing stuck under the extractor star if the muzzle isn't skyward while ejecting shells. That will turn the revolver into a hammer for a bit. At work I have a S&W .38 Spl. on for 8 hours a day (Departmental Issue). It get's heavy.

I also have a S&W Bodyguard .380 that I carry in a Red Dog Gunleather pocket holster that rides like a wallet. I added a leather pad where cut-out is in front of the trigger guard on the pocket holster. It definitely help hide the shape of the gun. Don't forget, YOU asked for it... There's a picture of my ass with the holster in use.

Man, I can't wait to get my crossbreed now. I'mma be able to get so much deeper and that will be saaweeet.

Thanks for the pics!

Hey, you're welcome. They're adjustable for height and cant. You can reholster easily. And it's guaranteed forever.

Do you ever have flakes of kydex chip off into crevices on the gun? I had a White Hat IWB (which is pretty much identical to the Supertuck) do this. The company sent me a replacement kydex piece but it just chipped in a different spot. I have never had good experiences with any kydex holster I owned.

No problems with it at all. I've been using it for about two years. What thickness KYDEX does White Hat use?

Thanks for the pics!

No problems with it at all. I've been using it for about two years. What thickness KYDEX does White Hat use?

I don't know what thickness they use. They offer a "lifetime warranty" but the owner gave me hell refunding my $$$ after I went through 2 kydex shells. He kept trying to get me to accept less cash than I paid. (Probably so they can sell it used and not take a loss). I eventually got a full refund minus shipping.

I think the Shield does have a thumb safety but not sure on the mag release safety. S&W has kept that mag safety for a long time. It was in their old steel framed semi autos as well but it that case very few came from the factory without it where as today they make equal amount of both. I Have some of their older gun with that safety and it doesnt bother me but I do prefer ones without.

Well after reading everyone's responses and going to several local gun selling vendors I went to my favorite LGS and found a new Walther PPS for the wife. Bought it for her today. Got a pretty good price for it $625 out the door. Have to wait 3 day waiting period to pick it up. She's a Walther P99 gal so the function on this pistol and mag release will be second nature for her.

I have looked at everything under the sun.

The Kahr CW or CM guns have a nice trigger but the reset is long.

Glock is too fat and blocky in general.

The Springfield XD series doesn't shoot well for me.

Keltec the trigger is not great and finish is rough inside.

Ruger the trigger was decent but the safety is small and will not fire without a mag.

Sig 290 was a real disappointment. THE DAO TRIGGER STACKS and IT SUCKS.

Diamondback was just there and did nothing for me.

No one locally had a M&P shield.

I really like the Sig P938, but I may be saving up for it for a little while to get one. I really like the 1911 platform and it's small 1911 all the way. I prefer to carry cocked and locked so it seems to be the best fit for me. In the mean time I still have my standard size pistols to carry. I'll be looking the Crossbread holsters for those. I also realized my pants shrank this winter so I may need some of those too.

Well after reading everyone's responses and going to several local gun selling vendors I went to my favorite LGS and found a new Walther PPS for the wife. Bought it for her today. Got a pretty good price for it $625 out the door. Have to wait 3 day waiting period to pick it up. She's a Walther P99 gal so the function on this pistol and mag release will be second nature for her.

You said your wife has arthritis and trouble with her hands right? My Brother was looking for something for his wife (also has hand issues) that should could operate, she didn't like how a revolver shot, but liked a reg semi auto pistol. That Walther is the 9mm right?

The only revolver I've owned jammed and I wouldn't trust it at all. It was a Taurus and thesame reason I'll never buy a Taurus. Now give me a smith and weasson 340pd and I'd carry it everyday. The Taurus was either out of time so bad or one chamber was cut wrong, that's what I think was wrong. The thing would shave bullets so bad copper jacket would get logded in and jam the cylinder shut.

The lc9 and pf9 have newer jammed with factory ammo, not once. The ammo that the ruger hated was about 20 year old loaded ammo loaded by someone who had just started and was lead nosed and the ruger is a tighter gun cause it would jam about 20% with that ammo. The keltec is much looser because out of 200 rounds I fired in it of the almost unshootable ammo it jammed once. So I would trust the keltec 10000% more than any revolver in it's price range.

Like I said a S&W would be good to go, but I could have three keltecs for the price of a good smith and wesson (340).

• Like 1

Filthy, if you put a full size mag in your compact and there is a gap between frame and mag.

i read somewhere else where folks made it sound like teh gun jammed when the longer mag was used. said it would lokc open and fail to eject on last and 2nd to last rounds?

H&H in OKC just got in like 30 shields. had em at 450 i think. htat says to me that they are catchng up wiht demand and production....

You said your wife has arthritis and trouble with her hands right? My Brother was looking for something for his wife (also has hand issues) that should could operate, she didn't like how a revolver shot, but liked a reg semi auto pistol. That Walther is the 9mm right?

You are thinking of another members wife. My wife has no trouble with her hands. The Walther is 9mm. Not sure if someone with arthritis would like the slide or not. Guess it would depend on the ladies strength.

I'll be looking the Crossbread holsters for those. I also realized my pants shrank this winter so I may need some of those too.

Crossbreed is about 9 weeks out right now. Better get to ordering one if ya want one. I've got about three weeks left. From what I hear, it will be worth the wait.

Filthy, if you put a full size mag in your compact and there is a gap between frame and mag.

i read somewhere else where folks made it sound like teh gun jammed when the longer mag was used. said it would lokc open and fail to eject on last and 2nd to last rounds?

H&H in OKC just got in like 30 shields. had em at 450 i think. htat says to me that they are catchng up wiht demand and production....

I put full sized mags in my compact Glocks all the time with zero issues.

Not talking about Glocks... grimace.gif

Edited by Syndicate

Sorry... Carry on.

• Like 1

Sorry... Carry on.

All good bro.

you'd think that CZs wouldn't have this issue though.

The M&P Shield with a mag safety can also be identified by the loaded chamber indicator on top of the slide. Those without a mag safety have a small hole on top that lets you see a small portion of the case. Those WITH the mag safety have what almost look like an extractor with red sides. See photos;

6979964754_d46d3d5133_b.jpg

smith-wesson-m-p-shield-.40-s-w-ca-compl

Well,

I finally made the commitment. I ordered the Sig P938 for my carry piece. big_smile.gif

Shot one yesterday. The first pull of the trigger was a little long, but not anything I couldn't get used to. Shot real nice I thought. Did you get/shoot it yet?

Well,

I finally made the commitment. I ordered the Sig P938 for my carry piece. big_smile.gif

Shot one yesterday. The first pull of the trigger was a little long, but not anything I couldn't get used to. Shot real nice I thought. Did you get/shoot it yet?

No I haven't shot one yet, just dry fire on snap caps.

Hoping for a good trigger out of the box, but I plan on replacing the polymer trigger with a stainless steel trigger, and 20lbs Wolf hammer spring for a Colt Mustang to lower the trigger pull to about 5.5lbs anyway.

I took the PPS out that I bought the wife to start breaking it in and it shoots nice. Trigger reset is longer than the P99, but it's accurate and ran flawless for the first hundred rounds.

Well,

Which one did you get? I like mine, got an Uncle Mike's pocket holster for it and it's my constant companion. I do think the rubber grips and extended mag make a big difference.