Source of Boston Bomber's black powder was...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tamerlan-bought-bombs-article-1.1325504

...from fireworks!! I guess the lame-stream media has finally ran out of cards to try and play this tragedy as a reason to curtail 2A rights... like this hit piece on the NRA.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/how-the-nra-impeded-the-boston-bomber-investigation/

I doubt we'll see an apology anytime soon.

I am no expert here, but I don't believe muzzle loader type black powder is used in fireworks. I doubt it was FFg or FFFg. It's more like flash powder used in starter pistol blanks.

Tony

I don't believe it was ever officially stated what specific explosive was used, but the media had generally reported it as being 'gun powder' or 'black powder'. I, being probably more of a non-expert than you and bordering on clueless when it comes to black powder types lol, would probably still call that stuff black powder for lack of a better term... which is what I suspect the initial media sources did.

Well if it is a mortar type firework they use classic blackpowder (for the most part) and a lot of the smaller stuff is different as Tony said almost like flash powder, it's very silvery (black cats, standard bottle rockets). I would doubt they spent the time to take apart as many black cats as it took to make that.

It seems the guns used were illegal for either of them to own in that state. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/boston-bombing-gun_n_3131363.html

That explains why we arent hearing much about them. Criminals using illegal guns, typically is not something the liberal news media wants to talk about. If they cant crucify law abiding folk with their antigun bullshit, they keep quiet.

• Like 3
I am no expert here, but I don't believe muzzle loader type black powder is used in fireworks. I doubt it was FFg or FFFg. It's more like flash powder used in starter pistol blanks.

Tony

I believe you to be correct sir. That's all I will say other than flash is mean stuff.

Edited by yakdung

Yeah... Funny how they talk about the bombers using guns, but NOT ONE WORD about WHAT guns exactly they were using?! That's completely opposite of the MSM's usual MO. Also- it was said today in a report that the police officer was killed so they could take his gun. But earlier they reported that the officer never got a chance to draw his gun, implying it was found still in his holster... right?! :wacko:

I live right near that store. Place is awesome. This will be good advertising for them.

The cops in mass stand at the border with giant freaking binoculars looking for cars with mass plates in the parking lot and flag them over when they cross the border. Real assholes. They take all their shit and fine them

NH just legalized mortars a couple years ago. This better not fuck things up

Yeah... Funny how they talk about the bombers using guns, but NOT ONE WORD about WHAT guns exactly they were using?! That's completely opposite of the MSM's usual MO. Also- it was said today in a report that the police officer was killed so they could take his gun. But earlier they reported that the officer never got a chance to draw his gun, implying it was found still in his holster... right?! wacko.png

Of course not. If they talk about the guns used, they need to talk about how they got them. If the guns were not legally obtained, these pricks have nothing to gain from talking about them. This is no surprise.

The public thinks the media is being sooooo transparent with this story, and telling everything. Meanwhile, they are neglecting to mention the illegal weapons they used for one murder, and two shootouts. If any of the guns were legally owned by the either of the terrorists, we would be hearing about it for the next two months on every news network.

Edited by Boomsick42
  • Like 1
So I have a question wouldn't something like ammuion nitrate be a bigger boom than blackpowder? Or was powder used since it was easier to get?

it was the type of device they were making. it was made to send shrapnel and create casualties. amno would be more suited to take down an object. the rate of expansion is slower in amno but the expansion itself is much greater moving more space. the pot perc, sulfur and aluminum they used has a very fast expansion rate but not much expansion, but that did not matter because the compression took place inside the container. the shrapnel goes ballistic once it releases from the container.

the cia showed the rag heads how to do this to the russians and now DHS uses private contractors to use this on our own people to create funding and strip liberty away from us.

• Like 1

Ammo powder would require a larger container and a lot tighter container would it not. In my experience black powder to make little fire crackers during my youth was way easier to get a bang than using the reddot shotgun powder, usually the shotgun stuff would make a smokey rocket type deal or a little pop.

Ammo powder would require a larger container and a lot tighter container would it not. In my experience black powder to make little fire crackers during my youth was way easier to get a bang than using the reddot shotgun powder, usually the shotgun stuff would make a smokey rocket type deal or a little pop.

depends what you want. you can detonate it openly with no container. for breaking up bedrock, you just drill the rock and fill it without a cap. you can tamp it if you want but it really doesn't matter.

smokeless powder burns slow but has a greater expansion. black powder burns faster but with less expansion.

if you want a real loud bang without any damage, fireworks flash powder can be used in small amounts to make the sound of a full stick of tnt.

i know what the fuck stains used. they may tell us exactly what was used later. flash powder from fireworks will not create the orange glow. this was more complex bathtub stuff. it was not black powder, smokeless, fireworks, amno or any other common commodity. think improvised. think pro.

think funding

• Like 1
smokeless powder burns slow but has a greater expansion. black powder burns faster but with less expansion.

Ok that was how I always understood it. And yes flash powder is fun in manageable quantities.

in reply to the rest.

Agreed it was totally diff than any thing I've seen from "cheap" conventional stuff it's claimed.

So I have a question wouldn't something like ammuion nitrate be a bigger boom than blackpowder? Or was powder used since it was easier to get?

Flash turns to a gas very quickly, and would cause a conventional gun to explode. Conventional black powder has a slower burn rate. I find it amusing that the media wants to lock immediately onto reloading powder the gun community uses. If they did their homework, most ingredients can be found on Ebay if you know what to look for.

Great...now we'll be reduced to Snakes and Sparklers...

Joe Dirt is a funny movie. So much so, I managed to purchase a copy I found in the discount bin at Happymart.

Flash turns to a gas very quickly, and would cause a conventional gun to explode. Conventional black powder has a slower burn rate. I find it amusing that the media wants to lock immediately onto reloading powder the gun community uses. If they did their homework, most ingredients can be found on Ebay if you know what to look for.

Capt. Kirk managed to build a cannon in the middle of a desert, from a bunch of rocks and scraps! super_man.gif

(Iron Man reference, for those playing at home.)

• Like 1

I don't wear tinfoil so I don't believe these guys were funded by the Feds, however, I don't think it was flashpowder from fireworks, and I don't think the Feds are going to go public with what was actually used in fear of copycats.

• Like 1

flash is useless as an explosive yet the batf and the safety nazi classify it as such. its a pyrotechnic charge used for ligbting in photography and sound for fireworks. the only black powder used in pyrotechnics is coated on rice hulls for lifting and breaking shells.

what element burns red and orange? more lies, more funding.

I'm so happy Congress is grilling the FBI for "losing track" of this one guy, and demanding to know why he wasn't stopped earlier...

Hey Congress, while your all in a lather on the subject, how's about you do something about the ACTIVE JIHADI TRAINING CAMPS that are already running HERE in the US?! :angry: