Where can i get Saiga 12K handguard & Top-sight?

Right, i'l just start from the beginning, this may sound wierd... Im working on a turning an airsoft-gun into Saiga 'externaly', for those that dont know these guns, they fire 6mm plastic pellets, just google "airsoft" if your new to it. Kinda close to more known sport "paintball" but guns are more 1/1 replicas of real ones.

Im trying to turn a modern AK into a Saiga 12k, since AKs are close to Saigas to begin with it should not be too hard, buuuut ive hit a wall in the very beginning, i cant find the front handguard being sold anywhere AND i want the "iconic" factory original one.

Heres a picture of the look im going for:

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/shotgun/sh07/saiga_12k-1.jpg

Theres also a quite popular and distinctive sight in the pictured gun, where can i get one of those? The idea is to create noticable different gun from a basic AK74 or so but still keep a simplified "ranch-gun" look to it. So no rails!

Due to aviability, my base-gun will most likely be AK74 with wooden furniture, sooooo, i'l leave the option of the handguard being wood. I would prefer the black plastic one but the wood does stand out nicely too. Only picture i could find quick was this:

http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/files/jeepnbeer/20050907171950_Saiga-12_wood.jpg

And so it wont be too easy, i need the stuff shipped to cold north, as in Finland. I made an Ebay-account for this very reason but sadly theres not much there or i simply fail at using it, if so, please drop me some links.

So please, help out :)

PS: i'd be happy to buy some old used junk you may have filling up the mystery-box ^^

Those were imported to the US as model 108. It's been a while since I have seen one. I had the same sight rail on a 20 gauge but took it off and sold it to a member here a while ago. I'm gonna guess you'll have a hard time rounding one up. I know Cobra used to seek out the rear site base that came with those for a neat project he does.

On the handguard, you shouldn't have any problem finding one here. If you make a donation and become a "contributor" you can throw up a WTB add.

Good luck.

Edited by sunnybean
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

No pun intended but i dont want to "donate" just so i can post an add and just MAYBE find one. "i dont like the odds" nor the fact that you have to donate to write in the WTB-section.

Found one handguard on Ebay but the seller says he cant ship it OUTSIDE the US. Kinda odd, i buy AR15-parts mostly from the US and no1 ever had any issues with em.

Are there no places where you can buy these things as new? Or used, dont care, just need to have one.

PS: i you have some junk in the trunk or know someone who has, PM me ^^

On the handguard, you shouldn't have any problem finding one here. If you make a donation and become a "contributor" you can throw up a WTB add.

No pun intended but i dont want to "donate" just so i can post an add and just MAYBE find one. "i dont like the odds" nor the fact that you have to donate to write in the WTB-section.

Are there no places where you can buy these things as new? Or used, dont care, just need to have one.

The question has been answered. It's apparent you don't need one that bad.

If it were certain i'd find one, i'd gladly call the donation an investment, but i've had VERY poor results in finding such items in boards like these.

Ok, lets put it this way. Find me one and the moment i have it in my hand, i'l gladly drop a donation.

What would it cost to ship? I will give you the handguard and sight rail if you pay shipping. I wil aso give you a factory buttstock if you want as well. I have no use for them. Yours for the cost of shipping. PM me.

• Like 1
  • Afghanistan
  • Africa
  • Albania
  • Algeria
  • Andorra
  • Angola
  • Anguilla
  • Arab Republic
  • Armenia
  • Austria - as of 9/25/2012
  • Azerbaijan
  • Azores
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Belarus
  • Benin
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Botswana
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Bulgaria
  • Burkina Faso
  • Burundi
  • Cambodia
  • Cameroon
  • Canary Islands
  • Central African Republic
  • Chad
  • China
  • Congo
  • Corsica
  • Côte D'ivoire (Ivory Coast)
  • Croatia
  • Cuba
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Djibouti
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • Egypt
  • El Salvador
  • Equatorial Guinea
  • Eritrea
  • Estonia
  • Ethiopia
  • Fiji
  • French Polynesia
  • French Southern Territories
  • Gabon
  • Gambia
  • Georgia
  • Ghana
  • Gibraltar
  • Grenada
  • Guinea
  • Guinea-Bissau
  • Guyana
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • India
  • Indian Ocean
  • Indonesia
  • Iraq
  • Islamic Republic of Iran
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Jamaica
  • Jordan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kenya
  • Kiribati
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
  • Korea, Republic of
  • Kuwait
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic
  • Latvia
  • Lebanon
  • Lesotho
  • Liberia
  • Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Madagascar
  • Malawi
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Mali
  • Mauritania
  • Mauritius
  • Micronesia
  • Moldova, Republic of
  • Monserrat
  • Morocco
  • Mozambique
  • Myanmar
  • Namibia
  • Nauru
  • Nepal
  • Netherlands - with permit only
  • Netherlands Antilles
  • Nicaragua
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Palau
  • Panama
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Pitcairn - (UK)
  • Romania
  • Russian Federation
  • Rwanda
  • San Marino
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Senegal
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Singapore
  • Spain
  • Sri Lanka
  • St. Kitts and Nevis
  • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
  • Sudan
  • Suriname
  • Svalbard & Jan Mayen Islands - (Norway)
  • Swaziland
  • Syrian Arab Republic
  • Taiwan, Province of China
  • Tajikistan
  • Tanzania, United Republic of
  • Thailand - with permit only
  • Tinian
  • Trinidad & Tobago
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Turks & Caicos Islands
  • Tuvalu
  • Ukraine
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Uzbekistan
  • Vanuatu
  • Vatican City
  • Venezuela
  • Viet Nam
  • Yemen
  • Zaire
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe

RESTRICTED EXPORT COUNTRIES ...... CYA COVER YOUR ASS

• Like 1
He did state that he would become a contributor if he got some help? He hasn't PM'd me yet.

And gladly will. I sent you a PM. Finland aint on the list.

EDIT:

I'd imagine the shipping aint more then 20-30 euros etc... No info on your profile so i cant say for sure since i dont know the rates, but thats what similar stuff i sent to the US cost me. MAX-letter as they are called here, some AR15 parts, stock, RAS-unit. Kinda similar in size i imagine.

Edited by peelo
Get the Dinzag High type front sight to go along with this. It is a beautiful combo with the best of both.

Im trying to go for a very specifig look to make sure it doesnt look "just another AK" even from a distance. The ranges are also pretty short like 40-50m tops for guns like this...

How much do those cost? I wont rule anything out tho.

Im trying to limit the budjet since i still need a doner gun and proper steel-bodied Airsoft-guns aint that cheap + heavy internal modifications. Most of these are plastic or aluminium and to match the details i need to weld it, thus steel is the only way to go.

This thread made my head hurt.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

• 1 month later...

Just when things start to look good, too good...

Had few PMs about the part but for some reason people just "vanish" after few replies. Still no luck in getting the part but my offer stands, once i have it in my hands, the community will get its promised donation.

Just when things start to look good, too good...

Had few PMs about the part but for some reason people just "vanish" after few replies. Still no luck in getting the part but my offer stands, once i have it in my hands, the community will get its promised donation.

You're a troll and what you propose is not only odd but, rude. Who forgot to teach you manners? Nobody gives a damn about your indignificant donation to this forum. You're either American or Canadian by the way you type so quit wasting our time.

• Like 1