NYPD teams with US lab to study airborne weapons - New York News | NYC

GUYS,

The New York Police Department is teaming up with a national laboratory to study how chemical weapons could be dispersed through the air into the subway system.

THINGS THAT MAKE YA WANNA GO, HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....

FIRST, LAST WEEK, THEY SHUT DOWN ALL OF THE SUBWAYS AND TRAINS TO BE "WORKED ON".

A FEW DAYS LATER, THEY ADMIT THAT THE SHUTDOWN WAS ACTUALLY TO SEARCH FOR BOMBS.

NOW, THEY'RE TRACKING THE MOVEMENT OF HARMLESS TRACER GASES THAT MIMIC HOW CHEM/BIO WEAPONS MAY REACT IF RELEASED IN THE SUBWAY SYSTEM.

SOMETHING EVIL, THIS WAY COMES.....

I'M JUS' SAYIN'.

JESS1344

Click here: NYPD teams with US lab to study airborne weapons - New York News | NYC Breaking News

MT,

My guess is they are studying it to figure a way to vent it out if Hadji does slime the subway system...

PERZACTLY, AND I HOPE I DIDN'T COME ACROSS AS "TIN HATTING" THIS SITUATION.

I SPECULATE, AND I SAY SPECULATE, BECAUSE I HAVE NO ACCESS TO ANY SENSITIVE OR CLASSIFIED INFORMATION, THAT ONE OF THE ALPHABET AGENCIES HAS WHISPERED SOMETHING INTO NYPD'S EAR THAT THEY'VE PICKED UP WITH SOME OF THEIR ELINT/SIGINT TOYS, OR PERHAPS EVEN A HUMINT SOURCE, RELATED TO A PLOT ON THE SUBWAYS.

THE TWO GUYS THEY JUST BUSTED IN THE CANADA/U.S. TRAIN PLOT, A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, DIDN'T ONE OF THEM HAVE A DEGREE, OR WAS WORKING ON A DEGREE IN BIOLOGY?

THAT'S THE HORROR-OF-HORRORS, AN AL QAEDA-TYPE WITH A DEGREE IN MICROBIOLOGY THAT CAN GENESPLICE SOMETHING LIKE SMALLPOX AND EBOLA OR ANTHRAX AND PLAGUE.

SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE WORSE THAN A GROUND BURST NUKE DET., AS, CONSIDERING HOW MOBILE TODAYS SOCIETY IS, IE, BREAKFAST IN NYC, AND DINNER IN L.A., COMBINED WITH NO ANTIDOTE OR VACCINE FOR SUCH HELLSPAWN.............WELL, YOU GET THE PICTURE.

A GROUND BURST NUKE DET., WHILE A TERRIBLE THING TO CONTEMPLATE, WOULD PALE IN COMPARASON TO AN UNSTOPPABLE VIRAL OUTBREAK.

JESS1344

Don't blow it out of proportion, this viral outbreak is still scifi.

The chemicals are much more possible but the amounts needed? Seems ridiculous and not likely to have much effect. They should be following up, but don't worry too much. It's not like we are all going to catch a new bioengineered supervirus and rot in our homes

REMEK,
"Don't blow it out of proportion, this viral outbreak is still scifi."
AAAH-NO...... NOT REALLY.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO GOOGLE KEN ALIBEK, AKA: COLONEL KANATZHAN ALIBEKOV, WHO DEFECTED TO THE US IN 1992. HE WAS THE FIRST DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF BIOPREPARAT WHERE HE OVERSAW A VAST PROGRAM OF BIOWARFARE FACILITIES.
HE WROTE A BOOK CALLED BIOHAZARD, YOU SHOULD READ IT.
AND CHEMICALS, SUCH AS THE SARIN IN THE TOKYO SUBWAY, EVEN IF THEY ARE A "PERSISTANT" AGENT WILL DISSIPATE, OR CAN BE CLEANED UP.
THE BIO STUFF IS WORSE BY SEVERAL ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE, AND IS TRULY THE "GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING".
FOR EXAMPLE, ONE LITTLE TWEAK, OF THE DNA, OF THE SMALLPOX VIRUS, RENDERS EVERY DOSE OF SMALLPOX VACCINE IN THE WORLD, IMPOTENT.
BELOW IS A SMALL EXCERPT FROM HIS BOOK, AND REMEMBER, THIS ISN'T SCI-FI, IT'S REAL WORLD, AND THE ONLY REASON IT HASN'T HAPPENED, IS BECAUSE IT HASN'T HAPPENED.
ENJOY THE READ..........
Anthrax. Smallpox. Incurable and horrifying Ebola-related fevers.
For two decades, while a fearful world prepared for nuclear winter, an elite team of Russian bioweaponeers began to till a new killing field: a bleak tract sown with powerful seeds of mass destruction--by doctors who had committed themselves to creating a biological Armageddon.
Biohazard is the never-before-told story of Russia's darkest, deadliest, and most closely guarded Cold War secret.

No one knows more about Russia's astounding experiments with biowarfare than Ken Alibek.
Now the mastermind behind Russia's germ warfare effort reveals two decades of shocking breakthroughs...
how Moscow's leading scientists actually reengineered hazardous microbes to make them even more virulent...the secrets behind the discovery of an invisible, untraceable new class of biological agents just right for use in political assassinations...
the startling story behind Russia's attempt to turn a sample of the AIDS virus into the ultimate bioweapon.
And in a chilling work of real-world intrigue, Biohazard offers us all a rare glimpse into a shadowy scientific underworld where doctors manufacture mass destruction, where witnesses to errors are silenced forever, and where ground zero is closer than we ever dared believe.

Remek, it is not sci-fi. It is a fact. There are biological weapons and there are chemical weapons. If the wrong people get a hold of this shit, you could potentially be exposed to a bioengineered supervirus and rot in your home or place of work. There are some unaccounted for "backpack nukes" that have been missing from the former Soviet Union as well. Just saying...

• Like 1

Okay, believe what you want to believe. I have a Ph.D. in biochemistry (yes, on top of going to law school), and see this stuff all the time. I assure you no one will gene splice out a virus that will kill us all.

Ebola is too fast to kill. It doesnt have time to spread. While I would expect some death, there is certainly a reason it has not so-infected us already. The same goes for most hemoragic fever viruses, like the hauta virus, which is likely in the mice in your back yard.

If small pox hit, it would be diagnosed in very short order, and everyone would kiss a cow immediately, and we'd be okay.

Now, most of you know me, I am a sucker for conspiracies, but here I am sitting here and I still believe we cannot create superviruses. Its just not going to happen.

For the guys reading the books, they aren't real. I read them. For example, working with the AIDS virus to turn it into a killing machine? Ridiculous. Outright sensationalism. It can last about 30 seconds outside the body or very controlled laboratory conditions. Moreover, the virus spreads too slow in the body, and no one even has a serious idea of how to do it, because its slow spread is what helps it evade the immune system and makes it so nasty.

Now, as I said, chemicals are another story. Ricin, Sarin, Anthrax, and any of the exotoxins (these are chemicals, not viruses) can be used relatively effectively in confined areas. I note here that the subways of NYC have about 800 miles, and I wouldnt think this was very "confined". That would mean quite a lot of chemical to be effective. I would tend to push in another direction if I were to attack NYC. Its been talked of before in a book or two, and I think the government already has checks in place for this stuff, but there are better ways than an airborne attack.

Honestly though, I wouldn't worry too much about viruses. I'd worry more about chemicals, and even for those, not too much if they are airborne.

Edited by Remek

Thanks for the little lesson, Remek. Appreciated and somewhat reassuring, I suppose. I'm more worried about a nuke or chemicals than a virus. I'm allergic to so damn many things anyway, so I already know my immune system is fucked if it comes to that.

I know I'm getting sick of CS Chemical agent!anger.gif

REMEK,

OK.....DON'T WANT TO START A WAR HERE, BUT I DO HAVE SOME DIFFERENCES OF OPINION...

Okay, believe what you want to believe. I have a Ph.D. in biochemistry (yes, on top of going to law school), and see this stuff all the time. I assure you no one will gene splice out a virus that will kill us all.

OK, YOU HAVE A DEGREE IN BIOCHEMISTRY, BUT, IT'S MICROBIOLOGY THAT IS USED TO CRAFT THESE WEAPONIZED VIRUSES AND BACTERIA. GRANTED, THERE IS SOME DEGREE OF OVERLAP IN THE TWO DISCIPLINES, BUT IT IS THE STUDY, USE, AND APPLICATION OF MICROBIOLOGY THAT GOVERNS THE STUDY, DEVELOPMENT, AND PRODUCTION OF THESE WEAPONIZED BUGS.

YOU'RE QUITE RIGHT, NO ONE, NOT THE RUSSIANS, CHINESE, OR THE NORKS WILL MANUFACTURE ANYTHING THAT "WILL KILL US ALL".

THAT'S BECAUSE THEIR POPULATIONS WILL BE IMMUNIZED.

THIS MAY NOT APPLY TO THE JIHADI TYPES, GIVEN THEIR STATED APOCALYPTIC WISHES.

THE OLD COLD WAR "MAD', OR MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION TEMPLATE DOESN'T WORK WITH THOSE FOLKS.

Ebola is too fast to kill. It doesnt have time to spread.

I THINK THIS IS WHAT YOU REFER TO, FROM MICROBEWIKI:

Because Ebola kills its victims so quickly and the outbreaks usually occur in isolated areas, the disease does not typically spread very far. Also, Ebola has an incubation period of up to 21 days, but is normally closer to 10 days, so infected persons do not have time to carry the disease very far. It is highly unlikely that Ebola could turn into a large epidemic.

Oftentimes Ebola outbreaks are mistakenly classified initially as outbreaks of malaria, dysentery, influenza, typhoid fever or other bacterial infections because the early symptoms are similar and these infections are common in the same areas of Africa. This misinterpretation of symptoms can lead to the spread of Ebola within medical centers because necessary precautions are not taken.

THE REASON EBOLA HAS NOT SPREAD OUT OF EQUATORIAL AFRICA, THUS FAR, IS BECAUSE OF THE REMOTENESS OF THE OUTBREAK AREAS, PLUS TRADITIONALLY, THESE FOLKS GENERALLY DON'T VENTURE THAT FAR FROM HOME FOR A VARIETY OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC REASONS.

ANOTHER REASON IT HASN'T ESCAPED THUS FAR IS THE PRACTICE OF "RING VACCINATION" (GOOGLE EBOLA - RING VACCINATION).

AS I DIMLY RECALL, WHEN EBLOA FIRST APPEARED, AS EBOLA ZAIRE, IT WIPED OUT THE ENTIRE STAFF OF THE HOSPITAL, ALMOST TO A MAN, BECAUSE THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE HANDLING.

IF AN ENTERPRISING JIHADI REALLY WANTED TO DISRUPT THE FABRIC OF AMERICAN LIFE AND CREATE WIDESPREAD TERROR (THE PURPOSE OF TERRORISM, IS TO TERRORIZE! VLADIMIR I. LENIN 1917), TO THE MAXIMUM DEGREE, IT WOULD BE FAIRLY SIMPLE.

AFRICA IS FULL OF MUSLIMS, AND GETTING FULLER BY THE DAY, AS THEY MOVE SOUTH FROM THE MAGREB AND INTO THE MORE TROPICAL AREAS OF EQUATORIAL AFRICA (EBOLA COUNTRY) KILLING OR CONVERTING THE ANAMIST POPULATION AS THEY GO.

A LOT OF MUSLIMS WORK IN WHAT PASSES FOR THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY IN AFRICA (ESPECIALLY NIGERIA, BEEN TO THE HOSPITAL LATELY?). ONE OF THEM COULD DRAW A VIAL OF EBOLA-LADEN BLOOD FROM A DYING PATIENT AND PASS IT OFF TO OUR MICROBIOLOGICAL SUICIDE BOMBER, WHO THEN INJECTS HIM/HERSELF WITH THAT BLOOD.

THEY WAIT TWO OR THREE DAYS OR SO TO BECOME GOOD AND INFECTIOUS, AND CATCH THE NEXT THING SMOKIN' FOR A HOP ACROSS THE ATLANTIC TO NYC.

YOU MOPE AROUND THE AIRPORT FOR A FEW HOURS, MINGLE WITH THE CROWD, THE OCCASIONAL COUGH OR SNEEZE, EAT IN THE RESTAURANTS, USE THE BATHROOMS, BE IN THE CLOSE PROXIMITY OF SEVERAL THOUSAND OTHER PEOPLE.

YOU BUY A TICKET FOR THE NEXT AIRPORT ON YOUR LIST OF THE DOZEN OR MORE LARGEST AIRPORTS IN THE COUNTRY, AND REPEAT THE PROCESS.

MAYBE YOU WALK THE HALLS OF A FEW HOSPITALS, IF YOU HAVE THE TIME.

YOU END UP IN SAN DIEGO, WHERE YOU MAKE SURE TO VISIT ALL OF THE BARS AND RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE BEEN SELECTED OUT BY YOUR CO-RELIGIONISTS IN THE AREA AS BEING THE MOST FREQUENTED BY THE NAVY AND MARINES.

YOUR MISSION DONE, YOU DRIVE YOUR RENTED CAR UP TO A PRE-SELECTED SECLUDED AREA, AND AWAIT THE END; BY YOUR HAND OR EBOLAS.

YOU DO NOT SEEK TREATMENT, IT'S TOO LATE BY NOW ANYWAY, BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IDENTIFIED AS "PATIENT ZERO" BY THE HEALTHCARE AUTHORITIES, AND THEREBY "GIVE AWAY THE GAME" AS TO WHAT THIS "FLU-LIKE" EPIDEMIC IS THAT'S NOW BEGINNING TO SWEEP THE NATION.

OR YOU COULD GO OUT IN SYMBOLIC STYLE BY DONNING A BALLBEARING AND NAIL VEST AND BLOW YOURSELF UP IN THE MIDDLE OF A PACKED SPORTS STADIUM, CONTAMINATING SEVERAL THOUSAND MORE WITH YOUR CLOUD OF VAPORIZED BLOOD.

DIDN'T MEAN TO WRITE A MINI-NOVEL THERE, BUT THIS VERY SAME TYPE OF PLOT GIVES THE PEOPLE AT USAMRIID, FT. DETRICK, AND D.C. SCREAMING NIGHTMARES, TRUST ME ON THIS.

While I would expect some death, there is certainly a reason it has not so-infected us already.

AH-YEAH, BECAUSE IT HASN'T BEEN DONE, YET...

ONE LAST PASSAGE FROM WIKI:

Ebola virus is a large concern of public and global health because very few humans have been found that are immune to the disease and it has such a high mortality rate that it is a very dangerous virus and a potential bioterrorism agent.

The same goes for most hemoragic fever viruses, like the hauta virus, which is likely in the mice in your back yard.

AAAH, ACTUALLY IT'S HANTAVIRUS, ALL ONE WORD.

If small pox hit, it would be diagnosed in very short order, and everyone would kiss a cow immediately, and we'd be okay.

I THINK I MAY HAVE SAID THIS EARLIER, BUT, ONE SMALL TWEAK OF THE DNA OF SMALLPOX, WILL RENDER ANY CURRENT VACCINE, EXCEPT THAT WHICH ANY ENEMY HAS INNOCULATED ITS POPULATION WITH, UTTERLY USELESS.

Now, most of you know me, I am a sucker for conspiracies, but here I am sitting here and I still believe we cannot create superviruses. Its just not going to happen.

For the guys reading the books, they aren't real. I read them. For example, working with the AIDS virus to turn it into a killing machine? Ridiculous. Outright sensationalism. It can last about 30 seconds outside the body or very controlled laboratory conditions. Moreover, the virus spreads too slow in the body, and no one even has a serious idea of how to do it, because its slow spread is what helps it evade the immune system and makes it so nasty.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO YOUR BIOCHEMICAL PHD, MICROBIOLOGY IS THE DISCIPLINE THAT DRIVES THE PRODUCTION OF THESE WEAPONIZED BUGS, SORRY TO BE REPETITIVE.

ANOTHER THING IS THIS, THIS IS A CASE OF YOU DON'T KNOW, WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

THE ENTIRE, VAST, SOVIET BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS PROGRAM WAS HELD UNDER THE TIGHTEST AND STRICTEST LEVELS OF SECRECY, PROBABLY EQUAL TO, IF NOT SURPASSING THAT, OF IT'S GENERATION, USE, AND BREAKING OF ITS CODES AND CYPHERS.

UPON THE DISSOLUTION OF THE SOVIET UNION, OUR SPOOKS HAD A NARROW WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY TO APPROPRIATE/COPY VAST AMOUNTS OF THE MOST SECRET FILES HELD IN THE KGB, GRU, AND OTHER SUCH APPARATS.

OUR TECHS, BOFFINS, GEEKS, AND ANALYSTS WERE JAW-DROPPINGLY SHOCKED AT SOME OF THE STUFF THE SOVIETS WERE DOING, THIS BIO-WAR PROGRAM AMONG THEM, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY HAD SIGNED A TREATY WITH NIXON, AGREEING TO KILL IT, WHICH OF COURSE, THEY WERE IN IMMEDIATE VIOLATION OF, BECAUSE THE PROGRAM NEVER STOPPED; ACCELLERATED IF ANYTHING.

SO, IN YOUR DEFENSE, IF YOU WEREN'T A PART OF THE IC (INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY) THAT WAS CONCERNED WITH THIS NECESSARILY COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION, YOU WOULD HAVE HAD, AS THE SAYING GOES, NO NEED TO KNOW.

SO, BEING POLITE, YOU AREN'T OPERATING, THEREFORE, FROM A POSITION OF KNOWLEDGE, VIS-A-VIS THE SOVIET BIOWAR PROGRAM.

AND I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT IT CONTINUES TO THIS DAY UNDER PUTIN, BTW.

YOU MIGHT FIND IT EDIFYING TO OBTAIN AND PERUSE COLONEL ALIBEKOV'S BOOK, REALIZING AS YOU DO, OF COURSE, THAT A LOT OF WHAT HE WORKED ON IS STILL "IN THE BLACK".

Now, as I said, chemicals are another story. Ricin, Sarin, Anthrax, and any of the exotoxins (these are chemicals, not viruses) can be used relatively effectively in confined areas.

ACTUALLY, EXOTOXINS ARE NOT CHEMICALS, UNLESS PERHAPS ONE WERE REFERRING TO VENOMS, SUCH AS PRODUCED BY ARACHNIDS, AMPHIBIANS, OR SNAKES, SEE BELOW:

Endotoxins are cell-associated substances that are structural components of bacteria. Most endotoxins are located in the cell envelope. In the context of this article, endotoxin refers specifically to the lipopolysaccharide (LPS) or lipooligosaccharide (LOS) located in the outer membrane of Gram-negative bacteria.

Bacterial Protein Toxins

© Kenneth Todar, PhD

ANTHRAX ACTUALLY WOULD QUALIFY AS AN EXOTOXIN, AS IT IS A BACTERIA, AND RICIN IS PLANT-BASED, FROM THE CASTOR BEAN.

SARIN, OF THE THREE YOU REFERRED TO ABOVE, IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS ACTUALLY A CHEMICAL.

I note here that the subways of NYC have about 800 miles, and I wouldnt think this was very "confined". That would mean quite a lot of chemical to be effective. I would tend to push in another direction if I were to attack NYC. Its been talked of before in a book or two, and I think the government already has checks in place for this stuff, but there are better ways than an airborne attack.

I BELIEVE YOU ARE CORRECT ON THAT, WITH ALL MANNER OF 'SNIFFERS" AND DETECTORS FOR VARIOUS HURTFUL THINGS.

BUT THEY'RE NOT GOING TO DETECT ONE (OR MORE) VIRUS LADEN JIHADIS SPENDING THE WEEK RIDING THE SUBWAYS AND SPREADING "THE GIFT".

Honestly though, I wouldn't worry too much about viruses. I'd worry more about chemicals, and even for those, not too much if they are airborne.

AS I SAID IN THE BEGINNING, DON'T WANT TO START NO BIG THANG HERE, BUT I DO HAVE SOME DIFFERENCES OF OPINION ON A FEW THINGS.

JESS1344

Okay Jess. I don't want to school you, but microbiology is a branch of biology that originally developed things like testing for bacteria and studying their behavior.

Per the microbiology remark, I have an undergrad degree in molecular and cellular biology too. Micro is actually a term itself at a larger field of view than molecular, and comprises things even larger than cellular. Also, if it helps, I had graduate level classes that were termed "microbiology" too.

Biochemistry is the chemistry of biology. Virology is actually the branch you should be most beholden to if you are going to say you need an "expert" in that particular field. However, when the "gene jockey" became the bio-geek hip dudes in the 1980s, it was EVERY discipline in the biosciences that embraced it. It is an easy way to manipulate genes with BIOCHEMISTRY, not microbiology. In all honesty, it was the BIOCHEMISTS that developed the biochemical tools that enabled, and indeed, gave the direction to, the gene jockey.

In grad school I taught classes on genes and genetic manipulation (gene jockey/gene splicing) to medical students and grad students.

Honestly, most anyone's thesis in any of the molecular/biochemical fields can be published in any other field, they are so inter-meshed on the same thing its hard to tell one from the other these days.

Further, I have mutated genes, put them virus vectors, and produced proteins and studied those proteins. I have sequenced genes and manipulated them. All of this, I did before I even got to grad school. In grad school, I felt I had learned all I needed to know about genes and viruses and how to deliver, etc., so I went to do scientific research on the protein structure-function relations (you can know how to mutate all the genes in the world to get a decided-upon sequence, but you have to have the protein structure-function relations to know what structure you want in the first place). In fact, no one has ever been able to determine structure a priori, from a decided function, or visa-versa.

Now, I am not allowed to talk much about my job, but I work on gene therapy, transgenic animals, and anything (yes, anything) with the word "nano" in it.

Honestly, I am fully up to snuff on these topics.

Oh yeah, and thanks for helping with my spelling. Per the endotoxin, sorry about that, but yes, I meant exo- and endo- toxins. And they are all chemicals, contrary to your assertion. What do you think they, are light rays? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotoxin quote: An exotoxin is a toxin secreted by bacteria.[1] An exotoxin can cause damage to the host by destroying cells or disrupting normal cellular metabolism. They are highly potent and can cause major damage to the host. Exotoxins may be secreted, or, similar to endotoxins, may be released during lysis of the cell.

Contrary to what you say, exotoxins are not bacteria, they are chemicals made by the bacteria, just like endotoxins. And, to furhter help you out, the exo- part means outside the creature, and the endo- part means inside the creature. The crap about snakes and spiders is that they USE BACTERIA to produce these exotoxins, which are compartmentalized from their own bodies, usually, and they are just injecting the exotoxins released from teh bacteria (along with bacteria much of the time). Its NOTHING like you are saying.

Per the books and "black" reasearch, if they are that advanced past us, I'd be amazed. I haven't been there, but we are sooo infantile in our understanding, its almost as if we do not even know WHAT questions to ask, much less how to test them. No one coming out of schools here has the knowledge, they simply do not. My old laboratory put out a contest to solve the structure-function relations of a protein every year. NO ONE ever got it right. Of course, with unlimited computing power we would solve the physics wave functions equations and figure it out. But its WAAAY to taxing. Maybe the gov't can give us their terrabytes of surveillance space for it?

I didn't bother with the rest and honestly I didn't read it through with extreme care for the answers I gave, because it would be a loosing battle of writing more and more, and its just not worth it. You can go fear all you want, its not worth my time. Plus, I can see, you are just looking to denigrate whatever I say, or stir up a hornets nest. No one would work to correct spelling like that, or spend the time finding the selected definitions they want to disagree with everything I say, unless they were working to do exactly what you are saying you didnt want to do.

By the way WIKI is not legalese. Its pooled knowledge and not required to be right. If I remember correctly, 2 people were found in a MAJOR city, dead of Ebola a while back, like 10 or 15 years, and were found to have been through several major airports during their travel to where they died. Yes, Ebola can kill, and kill plenty of people, but that means you need to have unsanitary conditions. Do we have these here? Do doctors touch you without gloves, etc. Hell, my wife's a school teacher and she won't go near her own students when they are sick. This is not uganda.

Hope this all makes sense in the end, I didnt proof read it.

The EDIT was to replace accidently deleted material (the last 5 sentences of teh penultimate paragraph).

Edited by Remek

REMEK,

MY SYMPATHIES, I USED TO THINK I WAS ALLERGIC TO FRIGGIN' AIR, UNTIL I GOT ON ALLEGRA D WITH THE OCCASIONAL BOOST FROM FLONASE WHEN THE WHATEVER COUNT WAS UP.

TRIED EITHER?

DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU'RE AT, BUT DOWN ALONG THE GULF COAST, EVERY GREEN-FRIGGIN'-THING IN THE WORLD IS STARTING TO BLOOM WITH THE PREDICTABLE ALLERGIC RESULTS.

JESS1344