New parts on the way... I'm pumped!

I have the following parts enroute.

I ordered the bonesteel folder with the sliding stock. Next, is the Chaos Titan quad rail (just ordered it a few minutes ago... hope it doesn't take too long). Then, two drums... one is a Pro Mag 20, and the other is an MD-20. I bought 3 12 round sticks to finish my mags. I bought a Claw barrel shroud.

Now I'm looking for a cool fore grip and a sight (probably a red dot), and a flashlight mount of some sort. I'm not sure what else would add coolness, and functionality to this. After I test fire it, I'll decide on a reliability kit and gas adjuster.

Thoughts?

That's a lot of stuff and weight. Use it for several months before you buy anything else. Stick mags are a good idea, but are hard to find at reasonable prices at the moment.

Honestly I would shoot it and make sure it runs 100% with the ammo you want to shoot before you start adding/ removing parts. It'd just be a lot easier going that route, for most S12's anyway.

OCL, I love your enthusiasm for your S-12. You've jumped in head first and have been making some good choices. As for a fore grip I want you to consider the Zahal PTK with the VTS thumb support. Mine just came in this week and I have to say the ergonomic fit is awesome! You have to order it from Isreal which takes about 3 weeks but it's definitely worth the wait. I leave you with a few pics and a video...

post-35052-0-97816300-1366862948_thumb.jpg

post-35052-0-99697300-1366862971_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

yep,

I know what you mean, I got my grip for $9.00 because opened amazon charge card.

have all parts for my gun but haven't got my gun from gunsmith we did barter deal work for gun and he is gas ports and conversion 2 months for like 2 days of work?

sucks.

Clint,

I now have the fore grip and thumb support, and received my 12 round mags, and barrel shroud. . I am waiting on the Titan quad rail, bonesteel folding stock and MD-20 drums (I ordered 3 of them). Once assembled... trip to the range! Then, red dot, flashlight, laser... we'll see how I feel then. I pull it out of the safe every now and then to gaze at it... is that normal? I have pictures of my gun, and not of my wife... Creepy?

I pull it out of the safe every now and then to gaze at it... is that normal?

I do this all the time. It's a fun process isn't it?

You want creepy. I believe if I could attach a vagina to the rail I'd be content for the remainder of my life.

Edited: Post some pics when you get her they way you want her...

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

You want creepy. I believe if I could attach a vagina to the rail I'd be content for the remainder of my life.

You can. It'll be attached to it's life support system, though...

You can. It'll be attached to it's life support system, though...

I believe it's called a flesh light. Depending on your (ahem) "tube size", could possibly be attached to a side rail just like a flash light, with rings available on the market today.

Edited by Goose

Got my folder today. I ordered the swivel, which I discovered was a snap in... cool! There is an extra screw in the package that I can't figure out what it's for..; except maybe to put in the bottom mounting hole, but the threads are wrong. Do I tap it out and insert the screw? It's not needed, except to cover the hole???

post-47364-0-97034100-1368119453_thumb.jpg

post-47364-0-44699700-1368119459_thumb.jpg

post-47364-0-46588300-1368119464_thumb.jpg

I took 3 screws out to remove the factory stock. Only two required to put on the folder, and an extra screw in the bag with the swivel. I can't figure out where it goes... The swivel simply pops on like a ratchet.

And, I read a post somewhere this morning that mentioned a recoil pad will be available for this soon. Anyone know about the pad?

Edited by OldCopLarry

Everything sounds exactly the same as mine. I think you were sent an extra screw. You can always go to bonesteel's forum page and ask Chris directly. He's good with giving quick answers.

I've been watching updates on his progress with the recoil pad and cheek rest. Sounds like it should be available soon. I'd say sometime in the next few months if not sooner. Keep in mind this is only my own speculation. Until then enjoy your bruises.