So what do you get an immune system on it's 12th birthday?

One of my friends suggest candy and nerf guns, I can't find a stranger danger van though heh.

Anyway I figure in the middle of all this blah news, 12 years of remission and cancer free would be a good thing to share with some of you fine folks.

Back story: shortly after graduating HS and before going into the Marines I fell ill and was diagnosed with what the doctors called terminal lymphoma (Stage 4B T-Cell Lymphoma, it was NHL). Despite what they kept telling me I was determined to prove them otherwise, guess I'm doing a good job at that. I got lots of chemo that didn't work for a long time and had a generally unpleasant time for 18 months, and kept being stubborn about trying treatments and living despite being told I wasn't supposed to be. Finally started responding to treatments that usually only works with leukemia and lymphoblastic cancers, I got my butt turned into a glow stick with high dose rads and then high dose chemo, shortly before all that I was given white cell boosters, and had my own stem cells harvested. After I was zapped, I was given back my immune system, and it took :)

Now you all have to put up with me :P

well I was trying to find a fun picture more related to blood cancers, to bad Mr. T didn't make some cool stuff (he's a blood cancer survivor)

so lieu of that I have a Big John approved picture

avon_check_them_out.jpg

• Like 16
That good news for someone who might be entering the ring soon, congratulations brother boxing.gif

Good luck man, if you ever need to blow off steam about it lemme know, it's always good to share with those that have walked or are walking through the shit.

My grandfather was in remission for 23 years. That's why I posted a picture of him earlier this month, being this is cancer awareness month and all. I miss that old man. I also lost my grandmother to breast cancer a few years ago.

I'm on a 2 year endoscopy cycle because of Barrett's Esophagus, and a three year Colonoscopy cycle because of polyps and family history. I live each day as it comes.

So, yeah....

post-23857-0-65077000-1367021810_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I fully approve of the pic. I love boobies. And boobies with no tan lines are surely a bonus.

Even more, I approve of you kicking that bastard cancer's ass.

AA... I'm not sure what's going on with you. But from what I'm reading I feel I need to wish you the best of luck with whatever you are battling. You NEED to stay strong so that you can keep the LEO's around here in check. Not much I can do for you from here. But if you ever feel the need to vent, we are all here for you brother.

I need to knock off the stupid fucking smoking. I don't want to join the club.

Edited by Big John!
  • Like 1
I fully approve of the pic. I love boobies. And boobies with no tan lines are surely a bonus.

Even more, I approve of you kicking that bastard cancer's ass.

AA... I'm not sure what's going on with you. But from what I'm reading I feel I need to wish you the best of luck with whatever you are battling. You NEED to stay strong so that you can keep the LEO's around here in check. Not much I can do for you from here. But if you ever feel the need to vent, we are all here for you brother.

I need to knock off the stupid fucking smoking. I don't want to join the club.

If you join the club because of smoking I'll welcome you, but give you some shit, just a little :P

Congrats. It feels good doesn't it? I was diagnosed with cancer at 18. I found a malignant melanoma on my hand. Underwent surgery and annual visits to the dermatologists ever since. That was twenty years ago. It feels like a lifetime ago.

Edited by sunnybean
Congrats. It feels good doesn't it? I was diagnosed with cancer at 18. I found a malignant melanoma on my hand. Underwent surgery and annual visits to the dermatologists ever since. That was twenty years ago. It feels like a lifetime ago.

My best friend had the same thing at age 19. His grandfather spotted it and he got treatment immediately. It gave him about twelve more years, enough time for us to become the best of friends. Last summer he died from a pulmonary embolism. It was unexpected and tragic, and it still fucks me up. I had bacterial meningitis when I was 19, I wasnt expected to live, but I beat it.

Syndicate and sunny, im glad you are both still with us.

...and some gorilla tits

post-31894-0-81640800-1367040075.jpg

• Like 1