Get a grip, man! And a handguard while you're at it...

EDIT: Finally got the pic to upload! Feel free to disregard the frustrating posts below.

Have a bunch of stuff fresh off the line, or almost there.

All of these are individually made in the USA.

Top Left - Saiga-12 vented handguard from Beech. Ended up thinner that I'd like though it'll be fine when installed. Offered at discounted price of $35. (mistakenly listed as SPF, but is still available)

Top Right - Schnabel 2000 styled S-12 handguard from Beech. No longer available in its current form, modified form available soon.

Middle Right - Schnabel 2000 S-12 handguard from beech. Best one yet, this thing is premium. ***SPF***

Lower Right - Closest thing to a no-gunsmithing AK style handguard available for the S-12. No longer available in its current form, modified form available soon.

Now for the grips. All are nearly done and I'm accepting dibs. They should fit any AK as far as I know.

Top Left - My own design, inspired by the Stoner 63, AR-180, VEPR II, and Feather style duckbill grip. This is the same pattern as the one on my highly modified S-308. Made from solid oak. $15. ***Sold***

Lower left - My own pattern of fat grip as close as I can get to the Zastava style. Made from solid oak. $20.***Sold***

Right (top and bottom) - The same fat grip pattern as above but with finger grooves added. Also from solid oak. $25.***Sold***

Shipping on any quantity of these items will be $5 and will use priority mail to the contiguous US.

Also please note that I will contribute a 5% commission monthly to this website if you buy these here (2% if you buy using gunbroker but found my auctions through this site.)

post-6-1134279934_thumb.jpg

Edited by BattleRifleG3

you have to save it smaller. both in width and size. email it to me or email me, so I can email you mine back without posting it on the forum and Ill resize it for you. or chop it up.

No luck on GB at all. :(

The grips all sold overnight at AKfiles with many waiting for the next batch. While many of the members here have given me excellent business, it's been the AKFiles folks that have given the largest volume and zero problems.

I'm thinking maybe folks aren't going for the handguards without matching buttstocks and grips, so I'm working on P-grips and stocks for converted Saigas and an updated quasi-p-grip stock for unconverted Saigas.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • 1 month later...

While I don't own a Saiga I've been following your work for ALONG time, and if I ever come across a good deal on a Saiga.... I'll probably have to buy it!

Anyways, would it be possible for a wooden Galil style foregrip and stock for a SAR-2? I would go for that in an instant!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More multi-thread bumping for the benefit of those subscribed to certain threads:

All pictured grips are SPF.

These two handguards are also available. Both are made from beech, the original Saiga wood, and smooth out to a beautiful surface that makes you almost not want to put finish on them. These are unfinished, ready for you to customize.

You could call this the Super Sporter Schnabel Saiga handguard. Made for the S-12 and adaptable to the S-20, this handguard is the result of some miraculous experimentation. A few things aren't perfect about it, mainly internal and unnoticeable, so it's going as a second. Part of why I experimented on it to begin with.

post-6-1141971469_thumb.jpg

$40 and a bargain if you ask me.

Next is another experiment, this one with less impressive results. An AKM style lower handguard for the S-12. Lower section extends to mount to the original handguard screw. I had a plan for a matching wooden upper handguard, but that didn't work out. Use this lower handguard alone or improvise your own upper handguard per some nice innovations by forum members that may or may not interfere with the sites. A few parts are roughly sanded, and I figured it wasn't worth a great deal of effort to finish. Your baby from here.

post-6-1141973156_thumb.jpg

$25

Shipping is still $5 flat for handguards and grips, $8 if it includes at least one buttstock. This is due to weight and reflects packaging materials and other time and expenses as well as postage costs. (I had one complaint that the shipping label was less than my flat shipping charge so perhaps this explanation is helpful.)

EDIT: Finally got the pic to upload! Feel free to disregard the frustrating posts below.

Have a bunch of stuff fresh off the line, or almost there.

All of these are individually made in the USA.

Top Left - Saiga-12 vented handguard from Beech. Ended up thinner that I'd like though it'll be fine when installed. Offered at discounted price of $35. (mistakenly listed as SPF, but is still available)

Top Right - Schnabel 2000 styled S-12 handguard from Beech. No longer available in its current form, modified form available soon.

Middle Right - Schnabel 2000 S-12 handguard from beech. Best one yet, this thing is premium. ***SPF***

Lower Right - Closest thing to a no-gunsmithing AK style handguard available for the S-12. No longer available in its current form, modified form available soon.

Now for the grips. All are nearly done and I'm accepting dibs. They should fit any AK as far as I know.

Top Left - My own design, inspired by the Stoner 63, AR-180, VEPR II, and Feather style duckbill grip. This is the same pattern as the one on my highly modified S-308. Made from solid oak. $15. ***Sold***

Lower left - My own pattern of fat grip as close as I can get to the Zastava style. Made from solid oak. $20.***Sold***

Right (top and bottom) - The same fat grip pattern as above but with finger grooves added. Also from solid oak. $25.***Sold***

Shipping on any quantity of these items will be $5 and will use priority mail to the contiguous US.

Also please note that I will contribute a 5% commission monthly to this website if you buy these here (2% if you buy using gunbroker but found my auctions through this site.)

BattleRifleG3

Good to finally see these items for sale again. I'm just wondering if you would have the handguard on the upper left for the s-20 and the grip on the lower right available? with prices?

I would appreciate it because I like your work.

Thanks

nyclu3

I'm just wondering if you would have the handguard on the upper left for the s-20 and the grip on the lower right available? with prices?

Both items are sold, BUT I can make both for the S-20. Price would be $60 for a full quality vented handguard shown and $30 for such a grip in white oak or lyptus, add $15 total for walnut, others I'd need to look into.

I might be able to offer in beech, depending on how a certain work in progress goes. Pricing would be same or lower than oak or lyptus, depending on how it turns out.

TheGunHustler, I'm sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner. Blonde wood apparently is hard to find in these parts, but next chance I get I'll look into elm. I'm also looking into some improved methods for making grips. Currently the AMD style are my least favorite to make, but this may make it easier.

Everyone do feel free to E-mail me if I don't get back to you. I'm sorry that at times I fail to respond to an E-mail or two, because my life is extremely busy these days for mostly good reasons. Your inquiries are welcome and if I ever don't get back to you it's not my intention so please do persist.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.