Ever wonder WHY you might need a new trigger ?

Other than 922 compliance. Here's why.....

The hole is supposed to be centered, this one is .047" on the thin side .107" on the thick side.

This one is drilled to the bottom side, but the ones not centered are usually offset somewhere in the bottom half of the boss front- bottom -rear , very seldom do we see the offset in the top half. The plastic Pre-XN triggers are the same, if not worse , many of those will be centered on one side - offset on the other.post-43678-0-43490000-1367087916_thumb.jpg

Yes, that IS a broken firing pin/spring as well, believe it or not, the gun STILL functioned at about a 90% rate. The biggest problem being, a FTF because the pin wouldn't retract enough and the next shell would catch on it.

ETA; FTF = failure to feed, if the shell chambered it fired.

I've had mine replaced once, it must have been a bad one I guess, it was like the metal wasn't hardened properly. I'm keeping an eye on this one. I hate having to break this thing down to check on it. I would like to see a more proper one. I'd also like to see some new trigger springs to make this have a better pull, it's about as good as a milspec trigger on an AR can be right now, done some slight work on it, still doesn't want to get that much better. I've not really researched what springs will work, honestly was just hoping someone would come out with a kit that was an MKA builder. If I had 2 of them I wouldn't mind pulling my own trial and error on it, but I don't.

Also as with a lot of MKA things out there, replacing a firing pin with an improved and hardened US made one even if not 100% necessary or apparent need of replacement, the piece of mind of a quality part would make it marketable in my opinion. I look at the firing pin like tires, tires are the one feature of a car that touches the road, the pin is the feature of the gun that makes it go boom, yes there's many parts behind it, but when it comes down to it, it's the biz.

Do you know if I could get an extra bolt/carrier assembly? I'd like to do some polishing work on one and see what I can do for how the gun runs and holds lubrication on the bolt. Mine runs better lubed with some frog grease, and it does not like to stay in place on the cheap black coating on there (which is wearing off pretty fast imho)